web analytics
March 1, 2015 / 10 Adar , 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Hezbollah’

Mortar Shells Bombings on IDF Posts

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

IDF posts on Mount Hermon and Har-Dov have sustained mortar shell bombings fired from Lebanon at 1:00 PM Wednesday afternoon. No injuries and casualties were reported. Tourists on the ski site of Mount Hermon were evacuated to safety.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, attending a ceremony in Sderot near the Gaza border, commented on the events unfolding in Israel’s northern border on Wednesday, saying “At this very moment, the IDF is retaliating against the attack on Israel’s northern border. I urge those who want to challenge our security, to take a look at the Gaza-Strip. and the events that occurred there during the last summer.”

“Hamas suffered heavy blows, the heaviest since his establishment. The IDF is ready to project power on all fronts,” said the Israeli prime minister.

Artillery Field Camp

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

An Israeli artillery field encampment on high alert after they responded to several rockets hitting the Mount Hermon Resort, in the Golan Heights, northern Israel, January 27, 2105

Tank Missile Fired from Southern Lebanon Wounds IDF Soldiers

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

Israeli soldiers were wounded on the Israeli-Lebanese border, by an Anti-Tank Missile shot at an IDF convoy.

The incident occurred around 11 AM, in the Har-Dov area, in proximity to the Arab village of Ghajar. The IDF is looking into the possibility that the missile shooting was part of a hijacking attempt.

According to initial report, at least one soldier is critically wounded.

The residents of two border adjacent Kibbutzim, Dafna and Kfar Giladi were instructed to remain at home.

Israeli Night Strike on Damascus is ‘Warning to Beirut’

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

Three Israeli air strikes late Tuesday night on Syrian army bases in Quneitra, Damascus and surrounds were a warning to Beirut, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said early Wednesday.

The attacks came in response to a double rocket attack on the Israeli Golan Heights fired by Lebanese Hezbollah terrorists from Syrian territory on Tuesday afternoon. One of the rockets, which were later identified as M307s, landed in the Herman region. The other exploded in El Ram.

The IDF responded immediately with artillery fire directed at the source of the rocket launches and reported that it had destroyed both. IDF Spokesperson Peter Lerner informed media in a text message that the Syrian missile fire had indeed been “intentional” and “not spillover from the Syrian civil war” as has been claimed in past incidents.

“The air force strike tonight on territory controlled by [President Bashar] al-Assad in Syria against targets of his regime is a clear message that we will not allow any fire on the territory of Israel and breach of its sovereignty, and that we will respond with force and firmness,” Ya’alon said.

“As the Assad regime is responsible for the fire from its territory on Israel, we will know how to collect a heavy price from any regime or organization from whose territory our sovereignty is breached and fire of this or another type is conducted on Israel.

“We don’t intend to just move on and be tolerant towards terrorist activities and attempts to harm our citizens and soldiers,” Ya’alon continued. “We act with restraint and firmness, with responsibility and consideration to preserve the security of citizens of Israel against countries and terrorist sources whose goal is to disrupt our lives.”

Shortly after midnight, Israeli residents of the Golan Heights awakened to the sound of the Code Red incoming rocket alert siren again, just 12 hours after the first attack earlier in the day. No rocket landings were identified, however, and officials later concluded that perhaps the siren had activated in response to the nearby IAF air strikes instead.

US State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters at a briefing that Washington had seen the news of Tuesday’s attack on Israel and did not want “an escalation of the situation.” “We support Israel’s legitimate right to self-defense and have been clear about our concerns over the regional instability caused by the crisis in Syria,” she told reporters.

“We call upon all parties to avoid any action that would jeopardize the long-held ceasefire between Israel and Syria and abide by the 1974 disengagement of forces agreement,” she added.

The escalation in the region follows the death of six Hezbollah terrorists – including three top commanders – and six Iranian Revolutionary Guards – including Brigadier General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi – in an air strike on a convoy traveling through Quneitra province in Syria a week ago Sunday. The attack has been attributed to Israel although there has been no confirmation by the IDF.

Following the attack, the Islamic Republic of Iran sent a message to the United States “through diplomatic channels,” warning that Israel should suffer the consequences of its “wrongful act of aggression.”

But despite avowals of taking revenge against the Jewish State, Iran’s proxy in the region, Hezbollah, has made it clear through various means that the terror group does not seek another full-scale war.

Since the 2006 Second Lebanon War, Hezbollah secretary-general Hassan Nasrallah has lived underground in permanent hiding, speaking to his followers solely through video hookups, out of fear he will be assassinated by Israel.

Hezbollah-Israel Conflict: an Unwanted Development

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015

The two rockets fired from Syria that exploded in Israel’s Golan Heights at 1 PM today signifies a new peak in tensions being felt in Israel’s northern borders. Whether tensions on Israel’s northern front continue to flare or dwindle down remains to be seen.

Tensions began to flare on January 18, after the bombing of a Hezbollah convoy on Syrian territory. Twelve people were killed in the attack; all of them Iranian and Hezbollah soldiers. The bombing was widely attributed to Israel.

Since the convoy bombing, high levels of tension have been felt all along Israel’s northern borders. The main concern is a Hezbollah retaliation that could drag Israel into an unwanted military campaign.

In a couple of incidents during the last nine days, the IDF detected suspicious movements on the Lebanese-Israeli border. The immediate suspicion was that Hezbollah terrorists were trying to infiltrate Israel. Precaution measures were taken as roads were blocked and civilians were ordered to remain at home in the Upper Galilee region.

Tamir Duadi, a volunteer at Kibbutz Manara’s Emergency Squad, spoke to Tazpit News Agency about one of those incidents. “We were on lockdown for about 90 minutes. It is not a common event but we do get high threat levels from time to time. Since the bombing of the Hezbollah convoy, IDF forces are much more present in our region,” Duadi told Tazpit News Agency.

Dr. Ely Karmon, an expert on terror and Hezbollah from the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, told Tazpit News Agency that he doesn’t think a war between Hezbollah and Israel is likely to erupt. “Hezbollah can’t handle a Syrian front and an Israeli front. Hezbollah has already lost more than 1,000 combatants in Lebanon; a second front will weaken their organization substantially.”

According to Dr. Yehuda Blanga, an expert on Middle-East politics from Bar-Ilan University, “respect and prestige will probably compel Hezbollah to retaliate against the alleged Israeli convoy bombing, though, retaliation will be specific and well measured, because Hezbollah does not want a war with Israel.” He told Tazpit News Agency.

The two rockets which were fired today compelled an Israeli retaliation. Artillery shells were fired into Syrian territory. In addition, roads were blocked by the IDF, and Israeli civilians were instructed to remain in proximity to protected spaces.

A security source told Tazpit News Agency that “Israel has no desire in a violent escalation. We hope our retaliation to the two rockets exploding in the Golan Heights will suffice. We are now waiting to see what will be the response on the Syrian side of the fence.”

Mount Hermon Ski Resort Reopens After Rocket Attack

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015

After a day in which a double rocket attack sent security and military officials to evacuate nearly a thousand people, visitors are being invited to return to the Mount Hermon Ski Resort site.

The decision came in the wake of a security assessment by the IDF and managers of the ski resort. The site was closed for most of the day Tuesday after Code Red rocket alert sirens sounded throughout the Israeli side of the Golan Heights.

Both rockets fired from Syria landed in open areas, reportedly causing no property damage and no injury to civilians. The IDF returned artillery fire to the source of the attack and said it identified “a direct hit.”

A senior Israeli security source told reporters that the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah terror organization was behind the attack.

Hezbollah has been fighting alongside Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces against rebel factions in the ongoing civil war taking place in the north.

Israel’s Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that “Israel regards with severity the attack today from Syrian territory.

“Those who play with fire get burned,” he warned.

Iranian News: ‘Teheran Targeted Netanyahu’s Sons’ in Retaliation

Sunday, January 25th, 2015

Iran continues to be enraged by the deaths of at least half a dozen Hezbollah terrorists and an Iranian general from an Israeli attack last week in Syria. The attack took place near Quneitra, on the Syrian-controlled side of the Golan Heights.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards confirmed that a member of their force, General Mohammad Ali Allahdadi, was among those “martyred” by the Israeli operation.

In retaliation, as reported by Jerusalem Online citing an Iranian news source, a detailed plan has been uncovered that includes targeting for assassination the sons of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

In addition to Netanyahu’s sons, family members of former prime ministers Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert are also targeted for assassination.

Jerusalem Online claims that the Mashark news site is “known for being in close relations with the [Iranian] Revolutionary Guards.”

Not only were the names of the current and former prime ministers’ sons disclosed as part of the alleged retaliatory assassination plan, but so were photos of the family members as well as information allegedly about their whereabouts and recent activities.

Both Hezbollah leaders as well as senior members of the Revolutionary Guards have been making explicit public threats about actions they will take to avenge the loss of their members in the strike by Israel.

Among Hezbollah’s dead was Jihad Mughniyeh and Mohammed Issa, a commander responsible for Hezbollah’s operations in Syria and Iraq. Mugniyah’s father, another terrorist commander, died in a 2008 car bombing.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/iranian-news-teheran-targeted-netanyahus-sons-in-retaliation/2015/01/25/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: