web analytics
September 1, 2015 / 17 Elul, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Islam’

British PM Cameron Wins Kudos for Fighting Anti-Semitism

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015

British Prime Minister David Cameron is winning international kudos for his fight against anti-Semitism, with World Jewish Congress (WJC) President Ronald S. Lauder speaking out to praise the UK leader for his new proposal to fight Islamic extremism.

“We congratulate Prime Minister Cameron for his strong stand against anti-Semitism and Muslim fanaticism. The resurgence of anti-Semitism and the spread of Islamic extremism across Europe is particularly troubling and Mr. Cameron’s plan takes a vital step toward combating these destructive forces,” said Lauder in a statement hailing the UK leader for the 5-year plan to fight homegrown terrorism he unveiled Monday in a speech in Birmingham.

“You don’t have to support violence to subscribe to certain intolerant ideas which create a climate in which extremists can flourish,” Cameron said. He added that conspiracy theories of a Jewish malevolent power or any Western plan to deliberately humiliate Muslims need to be challenged.

Lauder urged other European leaders to follow the Prime Minister’s lead, noting: “Once again, we are seeing the rebirth of classic anti-Semitic conspiracy mongering targeting Jews across Europe – and it is vital that Europe act now before the situation deteriorates.”

Suspected ISIS Jihadists Blow Up Six Hamas Vehicles in Gaza

Sunday, July 19th, 2015

Salafists linked with the Islamic State (ISIS) blew up six Hamas and Islamic Jihad vehicles in simultaneous attacks in Gaza City, Sunday morning.

At least two people were wounded.

The ability to stage a coordinated attack in the Hamas stronghold reflects both the capabilities of the jihadists as well as the growing vulnerability of Hamas, whose regime has brought misery, depression and war to the local population.

An ISIS poster was found near one of the vehicles that as exploded.

Israel’s Reshet Bet (Voice of Israel) suggested that terrorists may have used the ISIS poster to frame the Islamists for attacks, which could have been carried out only with highly organized support.

The fact that there were not many injuries offers a hint that it might have been Palestinian Authority Fatah terrorists who staged the rare attack with the intent of scaring Hamas but without causing an immediate upheaval.

So much for the “unity” that President Obama so highly applauded earlier this year.

Hamas has face difficulties with Egypt too, which accuses them of helping the ISIS terrorists in Sinai.

Senior Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal won a rare audience last week with Saudi Arabia king Salman, the first time in four years that a Saudi king has publicly confirmed discussions with the Gaza regime.

 

Hamas Tried to Switch Missing Israeli with Eritrean

Friday, July 17th, 2015

A few weeks after Avraham Mengitso entered Gaza on his own, Israel approached Hamas via an intermediary, asking Hamas to return Mengitso to Israel on humanitarian grounds.

Hamas agreed, and sent Mengitso over to the border crossing with Israel.

Only, the man Hamas sent over wasn’t the missing Israeli, according to Channel 2.

Hamas sent over an Eritrean infiltrator who had entered Gaza from the Sinai, and tried to pass him off as the missing Israeli of Ethiopian origin.

The IDF immediately realized that Hamas was trying to pull a fast one on them, and sent the doppelganger back to Gaza.

Ya’alon Says Hamas Responsible for Fate of Missing Israelis

Thursday, July 9th, 2015

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said Thursday that Israel holds Gaza’s ruling Hamas terror organization responsible for the fate of both missing Israelis who are believed to be in the enclave.

Ya’alon spoke with reporters at Ben Gurion International Airport about the issue upon his return from a working visit to Italy.

“Two Israeli civilians are in Gaza in the hands of Hamas,” the defense minister said. “The state of Israel is investing much effort in returning them both to their families.

“We view Hamas as being responsible for their fate and we demand their return.”

Ya’alon told media that he has met with the family of 28-year-old Ethiopian immigrant Avraham Mengisto, and has kept them updated on steps that are being taken to return him to Israel. He also has been maintaining contact and updating the family of the second Israeli civilian being held in Gaza, a Negev Bedouin from the southern town of Hura, on steps being taken to free him as well.

“I met with Avraham Mengisto’s family and updated them regarding our operations and encouraged them,” Ya’alon said. “We’re also in touch with the family of the other Israeli being held in Gaza, and we’re updating them on developments as well.”

Information about the second civilian is censored at the present time.

‘Hamas is Responsible For My Son. They Cannot Shirk Responsibility’

Thursday, July 9th, 2015

The mother of a (possibly) mentally ill young man who crossed the southern border of Israel into Gaza is blaming Hamas for her son’s captivity.

A second civilian, also in his 20s, is being held captive in Gaza as well. All information about the second man, a Negev Bedouin resident of the town of Hura, has been censored, however.

Avraham Mengisto’s mother told media in a briefing today (Thursday, July 9) while meeting with Ashkelon Mayor Itamar Shimoni that she holds Gaza’s ruling terror organization responsible for the welfare of her 28-year-old son.

“Hamas is responsible for my son’s fate,” his mother said. “They cannot shirk their responsibility. I [also] hope the state will not cease to act for his return.”

The mayor visited her at the family home in Ashkelon on Thursday after the news of Avraham’s disappearance was cleared for publication. “The family is going through a very difficult time, after the double tragedy that they’ve endured,” Shimoni said. “Askelon Municipality’s social services department has been accompanying them since the first moment. We embrace the family and send them strength and hope that Avraham will be back with his family quickly,” he added.

Speaking on behalf of the family, Avraham’s brother Ilan subsequently said “[We] have decided to behave with restraint and give the government time to get our brother back home and we also ask the people of Israel to show restraint… The family considers this a humanitarian issue and we call on the international community to get involved and work to secure the release of my brother,” he said. “I ask that Hamas consider the condition of my brother and release him,” he added.

Information about Avraham’s disappearance 10 months ago only became public today due to the lifting of a gag order.

Mengisto left his home in Ashkelon early on September 8, 2014, and apparently kept walking along the shoreline until he crossed the border into Gaza. This is not the first time that Mengisto has gone missing; there have been three reports of similar incidents registered with the social services department, although none involved a border crossing.

Mengisto’s mother Agernesh lives in Ashkelon, and his father Ayele lives in central Israel. He is one of nine children in the family.

According to the Defense Ministry there is no concrete information as to his fate; IDF Coordinator for Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) Yoav Mordechai told media, however, that current information indicates Mengisto is being held by Hamas.

A military source said Mengisto had initially been arrested by Hamas after crossing the border in September, but the terror organization said it released him because he was not a soldier. The source said there have been several attempts since that time to negotiate for his release.

A Hamas source in Gaza told Ynet that Mengisto is no longer in the region; the source said the Israeli exited the enclave via the tunnels in the southern border town of Rafah, and headed into Egypt.

Mengisto’s grieving mother added that despite her efforts to remain strong, “It hurts me. Since he disappeared, my life has come to a stop.

“Every day I wait for him to come through the door and say ‘hello.’ I pray for his return, and ask anyone who can help us to do so.”

Illegal for Jews to Yell ‘Allahu Akbar’ at the Temple Mount

Thursday, July 9th, 2015

Israel apparently has a double standard for law enforcement when it’s Jews who are yelling “Allahu Akbar” (God is Great) at the Temple Mount and Western Wall plazas.

Jewish activists returned Wednesday to both areas in the Old City of Jerusalem in order to test their theory that police would not treat Jews as they do Arabs when they behave the same.

The Jews in the video were protesting a decision by the Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court that Arab chants of “Allahu Akbar” on the site – the typical radical Islamist cry by jihadists waging holy war – present no legal problem.

Justice Joiya Saqifa Shapiro determined in the decision that verbal attacks by Muslims shouting “Allahu Akbar” against Jewish tour groups on the Temple Mount do not constitute a criminal offense. Nor is there any legal problem with closing the site to Jews for a 10-day period until the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan due to a fear of rioting.

Activists arrived at the Western Wall entrance to the Temple Mount in force on Wednesday to protest both decisions.

“Surprisingly, and in contrast to the court’s decision that shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ is no problem at the site, police were called to deal with the activists’ yelling,” said the Honenu civil rights organization in a statement. “Police actually decided to arrest six of the protesters on suspicion of disrupting the public order.”

The Court has previously determined that such behavior presents no legal issue when it is carried out by Arabs at the same site, the group pointed out.

Honenu representative Isaac Weiner went to the police precinct to aid the detainees, and pointed out to police officials that the detention was illegal and constituted “blatant discrimination” by Israel Police.

The activists were released on condition they would respect a restriction barring them from entering the Old City for the next two weeks – and the area of the Temple Mount in particular.

Several of the activists are to appear at a hearing in the Magistrate’s Court today (Thursday, July 9) in order to officially review the restrictions imposed against them.

“Today has proven what we have been saying for a long time,” said a spokesperson for Honenu. “Authorities have ramped up discrimination against Jews at the holy sites in the Old City, in particular at the Temple Mount.

“It is inconceivable that Jews should be arrested by police for the same acts that do not constitute an offense in the eyes of the Court when carried out by Arabs.”

Honenu added that it would consider filing a lawsuit against the police for false arrest and a petition to appeal the order restricting the activists from entering the Old City.

Italian-ISIS Woman Says Beheadings ‘Obey Sharia Law’

Wednesday, July 8th, 2015

A 28-year-old Italian woman who left for Syria with her husband told an interview by Skype that the Islamic State (ISIS) is a “perfect country” and that beheadings simply are fine because they “obey Sharia law.”

The European “The Local” spoke with Maria Giulia Sergio, who converted to Islam, changed her name to Fatima Az Zahara and married Aldo Kobuzi, from Albania, last September.

Shortly afterwards, the young couple went to Syria and joined ISIS, where she underwent weapons training.

She said she tried to convince her family to join ISIS because “they could have a good life here.”

They sold their possessions and asked for passports but last week, Italian security forces arrested her family, including her parents and sister, all of whom also converted to Islam.

Sergio, or Az Zahara, celebrated last January’s murders at the offices of the Charles Hebdo magazine by sending enthusiastic messages to her friends.

And what about the rapes and sexual slavery of ISIS?

She insists that the terrorist army respects human rights and that the people who really do not respect human rights “are those who do not follow Allah’s rules.”

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/italian-isis-woman-says-beheadings-obey-sharia-law/2015/07/08/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: