web analytics
May 29, 2015 / 11 Sivan, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘islamists’

British Posters Warn Muslim Voting in Elections Violates Islamic Law

Sunday, April 19th, 2015

Radical Islamists in the city of Cardiff, Wales have posted messages warning Muslims that the Muslim version of democracy means they should not vote in upcoming elections.

The posters were in response to a local Muslim council campaign to urge people to vote, which the radicals consider blasphemous.

The posters read:

Democracy is a system whereby man violates the right of Allah and decides what is permissible or impermissible for mankind, based solely on their whims and desires….

Islam is the only real, working solution for the UK.

It is a comprehensive system of governance where the laws of Allah are implemented and justice is observed.

A Welsh parent told the London Daily Mail he saw 20 posters as he walked his 2-year-old child to nursery and said, “It was quite chilling and threatening to see these posters.”

The Cardiff Council ordered the posters removed.

Muslim Council of Wales official Sahar al-Faifi told the newspaper, ‘The reason behind these posters is we have had such a successful voter registration campaign across mosques in Cardiff. We have been doing it every Friday for three months to encourage worshippers in an un-partisan way to participate in their civic duties.

“Most mosques were on board and the hateful people behind these posters do not represent us.”

 

 

German Police Detain Islamists in Security Threat

Sunday, March 1st, 2015

Police in the northern German city of Bremen swooped down on Islamists Friday night in the wake of reports of a planned terrorist attack at a soccer game on Sunday.

Security also has been heightened for Jews in the city.

“The Bremen police department has increased its presence in the city and stepped up protective measures in public areas,” said a Bremen police spokesman.

At least one suspect was arrested and several others were detained for questioning. Police also searched  an Islamic cultural center.

Heavily armed police were deployed at public markets and at Jewish institutions.

Fears of Islamic terror in Germany have increase recently, and police canceled a carnival parade in a northern city two weeks ago.

The Muslim population in Bremen has soared to nearly 10 percent, and the city has recognized Islam as an official religion, prompting initiatives by some Muslim groups to demand Sharia law superiority.

The port city of Bremen was an important point of transit for Jews in the late 19th and early 20th centuries in their emigration from eastern Europe to the United States. After the Holocaust, few Jews remained, but Soviet immigration later boosted the size of the Jewish population to well over 1,000.

France Forces City to Allow Burial of Charles Hebdo Terrorist

Sunday, January 18th, 2015

French officials overrode objections of local officials who were forced to allow a secret burial Friday night for one of the radical Islamic terrorists who murdered a dozen people at the Charles Hebdo magazine offices two weeks ago.

The mayor of the city of Reims, Arnaud Robinet, said last week he would “categorically refuse” to allow the family of Said Kouachi to bury their terrorist son in the city where he lived before police killed him and his brother.

“I don’t want a grave that serves to attract fanatics. I don’t want a place that promotes hate,” he a French radio station on Thursday.

City officials backed down in the face of orders from the national government. “Given the risk of disturbance of the peace and in order to quickly turn the page of this tragic episode, it was decided to do the burial quickly,” the city said.

The terrorist’s wife did not attend the burial because she did not want to be followed by journalists.

Two other terrorists killed by police in a gunfight following the Islamic terror spree in Paris have not yet been buried. Kouachi’s brother Cherif will be buried in his native Gennevilliers, outside Paris in an anonymous grave. City officials said they will “avoid all risk of disturbance to the peace and to preserve the town’s tranquility.”

It is not yet known what will be done with the body of Amedy Coulibaly, who killed five people, including four hostages, at a kosher market in Paris.

France still is reeling from the terror spree, trying to maintain a posture that will not offend Muslims or label all of them as radical Islamists.

A  Paris administrative court ruled that Paris police were in their rights to ban an “Islamists out of France” rally planned for Sunday.

One of the organizers, “Secular Riposte,” announced it will hold a press conference instead of a rally, but Resistance Republicaine, a co-sponsor of the banned demonstration, said it will hold anti-Islamist rallies in southern France.

Jews in France and Belgium have been thrown back 70 years to the Nazi era. French Jews prayed in a private home Friday night because they could not be guaranteed safety to worship in a synagogue.

Police in Belgium were deployed in areas that could be targeted by terrorists, especially the Jewish quarter in Antwerp.

Approximately 150 paratroopers guarded synagogues and the Jewish Museum in Brussels after Jewish schools closed their doors Friday because of warnings of possible attacks.

Suspects Identified in France Terror Attack, Demonstrators Tell Victims: ‘We Are Charlie’

Thursday, January 8th, 2015

French security personnel  are searching for three terrorists — all French nationals — who murdered 12 people and wounded a dozen more at the offices of a satiric magazine in Paris that had previously published cartoon depictions of the founder of Islam, the prophet Muhammed.

The suspects have been identified as two brothers from the Paris region, approximately age 32 and 34. The third man is approximately age 18, not related and is from the northeastern city of Reims, police said. All three speak a fluent, colloquial French.

French police said the elder brother was previously tried on charges of terrorism. He was a member of an Iraqi terrorist network in the Paris area that was dismantled by security personnel, Fox News reported Wednesday night. The group had ties to Algiers, Yemen and Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), authorities said.

The elder brother and his co-terrorists carried out a massive, methodical attack Wednesday on specific journalists at the offices of the satirical weekly magazine, ‘Charlie Hebdo’. The editor of the magazine and two police officers who responded to the attack were among the dead.

A young female cartoonist at the magazine who arrived with her small daughter was grabbed by the terrorists and ordered to tap in the security code allowing the attackers to enter the building. She and her daughter raced to cover, huddling under a desk, as she watched with horror while the men quickly but calmly fired AK47 assault rifles to kill her co-workers, first asking each his or her name, one by one. At the start of the assault, at least one of the attackers shouted “Allahu Akbar!” (Allah is Great! in Arabic) and while leaving the building, one allegedly proclaimed, “The prophet is avenged!”

After completing their bloody mission the attackers – suspected radical Islamists – raced out to a getaway car. They are still at large at this time, with security personnel across Europe. There are currently five million Muslims in France, comprising approximately eight percent of the total population in the country.  Moreover, the suspects may have a head start due to the fact that France is part of the European Union, with its borders wide open, without any security or border checkpoints between EU member nations.

Thousands of French citizens have gathered in cities around the country to show their solidarity with the victims of the attack, waving signs that read (in French) “I Am Charlie.” A huge neon sign proclaimed the same message from a billboard above the crowd: “Nous sommes Charlie” (We Are Charlie.)

France has raised its security level to the highest alert possible nationwide, and other countries have tightened security measures around vulnerable targets as well.

In New York City, police officers were posted outside the French Consulate. NYC Police Commissioner William Bratton said, however, there appears to be no sign of any direct threat to the city at this time.

Islamists Help Israeli Exports and Blow Up Egyptian Gas Pipeline

Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014

Islamists blew up Egypt’s natural gas pipeline in northern Sinai Tuesday morning.

All roads to the area have been closed.

The “Champions of Israel,” known in Arabic as Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, previous has claimed responsibility for numerous bombings and attacks on Egyptian forces and has pledged its allegiance to the ISIS.

Every time the terrorists blow up the Egyptian gas pipeline, it benefits Israel, a more dependable source for natural gas that is being pumped from off-short energy fields discovered in recent years.

However, Israeli authorities still can’t make up their minds over an agreement what Israel’s Delek Group and its partner Noble Energy, based in the United States, can buy the Leviathan off-short energy field.

Anti-trust officials said Tuesday morning they told representatives of Delek and Noble they are ”considering” whether the purchase establishes them as an illegal cartel.

Sydney Chabad Hanukkah Menorah Lighting Canceled ‘Out of Respect’

Thursday, December 18th, 2014

The public Hanukkah candle lighting at Sydney’s Martin Place was canceled for the first time in 30 years following the terror attack that killed two Australians.

Chabad, which has erected a giant 33-foot Hanukkah menorah in downtown Sydney for the past three decades, issued a statement Thursday, saying: “Due to the very recent terror attack in Martin Place and with sensitivity towards the families of the victims of terror, the Hanukkah commemoration scheduled for this evening has regrettably been canceled.”

“The Jewish community of Australia expresses our deepest sympathy for the families of the Martin Place tragedy. May the lights of the festival of Hanukkah bring comfort and warmth to our nation,” the statement concluded.

The giant menorah was scheduled to be erected Monday night, but the 16-hour siege inside Lindt chocolate café, just yards away from where the menorah is normally erected, was still underway.

Two hostages, café manager Tori Johnson, 34, and barrister Katrina Dawson, 38, were killed around 2 a.m. Tuesday when special agents stormed the café and killed the lone gunman, Man Haron Monis, a self-styled Iranian cleric who had forced hostages to hold up a flag bearing the Shahada – the testament of the Islamic creed – in the window.

Instead of the public candle lighting, Johnson’s father Ken was greeted Thursday afternoon at the memorial site – a sea of tens of thousands of bouquets of flowers – by multi-faith leaders, including Levi Wolff and Zalman Kastel, both Chabad rabbis.

“We have people from all faiths coming together to show that we are a very strong united people and a strong country,” Rabbi Wolff said. “A small, little bit of light distills a tremendous amount of darkness.”

Rabbi Elimelech Levy, from Chabad Youth of New South Wales, told Haaretz earlier this week, “We haven’t cancelled it [and] we are waiting to hear back from authorities. We’d like it to go ahead, and to pay tribute to the victims of terror.”

And what about Christmas?

Sydney is toning down the public festivities for the holiday but not banning the lighting of trees. The usual colorful decorations and pictures of Santa will not be displayed, the London Telegraph reported, but two Christmas trees will be put up at the central train station.

Rabbi Levy said concerning the ban on the public lighting of the Hanukkah menorah, “If we cancel the event we are giving terrorist exactly what they want. We want to do it compassionately for the victims.”

The Chabad.org website wrote that after the siege of the Lindt coffee shop, the local Chabad rabbi placed a plaque affixed to the menorah that stated, “The Jewish Community of Australia expresses our deepest sympathy for the families of the Martin Place tragedy. May the light of the festival of Hanukkah bring comfort and warmth to our nation.”

A little bit of darkness dims the light.

An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Sydney authorities ordered that the menorah not be lit.

‘There is a War against Jews on the Internet and on the Streets’

Saturday, November 15th, 2014

“There is a war against the Jews on the internet and on the streets” in Europe, European Jewish Congress (EJC) president Dr. Moshe Cantor said Saturday night, hours after an Antwerp rabbi was stabbed in the throat while he was walking to synagogue.

“Until there is a crackdown on incitement to hatred and anti-Semitism, then more people will believe that these types of attacks are legitimate,” Kantor added.

The EJC called on authorities across Europe to provide Jewish communities with a sense of security after the latest attack.

“Jews in Europe have lost a normal sense of security that worsens with every attack on Jews and Jewish institutions which are taking place with alarming regularity,” according to Kantor. “As citizens of Europe, it is the responsibility of the authorities, political, judicial and law enforcement, to ensure that Jews feel free to walk the streets in the open and live their lives absent of the fear these attacks generate….

“At the root of these attacks is the ongoing incitement against Jews from across the political spectrum and radical Islamists,”

When will European leaders take action, real action, against the radical Islamic threat to the continent?

A good guess would be that the time will come after Jews leave for Israel, if not elsewhere, and the Gentiles become next target of Muslim fanatics, who are rapidly emerging as the de facto leaders of Islam.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/there-is-a-war-against-jews-on-the-internet-and-on-the-streets/2014/11/15/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: