web analytics
July 29, 2016 / 23 Tammuz, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Mahmoud Abbas’

Mahmoud Abbas Hopes to Sue UK Over 100-yr-old Balfour Declaration

Monday, July 25th, 2016

Barely a year before the 100th anniversary of the issuing of the Balfour Declaration, Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas is hoping to force the United Kingdom to withdraw, renounce or rewrite the document that called for a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

As he watches the rapid, vibrant growth of the Jewish State and the soaring corruption and failures of the PA government – despite billions of dollars pumped in by foreign governments – Abbas has now decided to sue the British government over the Balfour Declaration.

According to Daoud Kuttab, a former Ferris professor at Princeton University, Abbas is “said to have requested in Nawqshod Arab League to help sue britain’s (sic) for Balfour’s declaration.”

Abbas is no novice to rewriting history. He is a longtime Holocaust denier who cleverly acknowledges the “unforgivable crime against the Jewish nation,” as he told Haaretz in 2003,” but whose doctoral dissertation simply blames the Zionist Jews for the demise of their European brethren.

Entitled “The Other Side: The Secret Relationship Between Nazism and Zionism,” Abbas wrote a conspiracy theory about the Holocaust, opining that the Zionists collaborated with the Nazis in order to inspire more immigration to Palestine.

“The Zionist movement led a broad campaign of incitement against the Jews living under Nazi rule in order to around the government’s hatred of them, to fuel vengeance against them, and to expand the mass extermination.” Abbas contends in the book that the Zionists were the Nazis’ “basic partner in crime.”

On November 17, 1917, the British government published a letter written by Foreign Secretary Lord Arthur James Balfour, addressed to Lord Rothschild, endorsing the establishment of a homeland for the Jewish People in Palestine. The text of the letter read as follows:

I have much pleasure in conveying to you. on behalf of His Majesty’s Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet

His Majesty’s Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Hana Levi Julian

2014 Gaza War Parents Demand Investigation of Operation’s Conduct, High Losses

Monday, July 25th, 2016

Two years after Operation Protective Edge, in which 66 IDF soldiers and five civilians were killed, the bereaved families of the fallen are demanding an independent committee to examine the preparations for the war, the way it was conducted, and the lessons to be learned.

The 32 families on Sunday demanded in a letter to Prime Minister Netanyahu and Defense Minister Liberman that a state commission headed by a judge investigate the government’s decision-making process throughout the war.

In their letter, the families mentioned the fact that the Knesset Foreign and Security Committee had been asked to examine the events of the 2014 war and has yet to issue a report. One report that had been produced by the committee was shelved because of the 2015 elections. Referring to the same committee’s publicized intent to renew its investigation, the families argued it made no sense to “reconvene a committee that has already investigated the events and opted not to publish its conclusions.”

“Even if the decision to shelve the conclusions was made by a different person than the current committee head, it would be inappropriate to renew the discussion after such a long period of time, and it could appear as a lack of transparency or exterior pressures which do not belong in an investigation of this scope,” the families wrote.

On the evening of June 12, 2014, three Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and later murdered in Judea and Samaria by Hamas operatives. Their bodies were discovered on June 30. Israel retaliated with air strikes on Gaza in which 3 Arabs were killed and a dozen injured. Hamas retaliated with rockets that were fired at Israeli civilian centers wounding three people. On July 7, 80 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip, and the Netanyahu security cabinet decided to launch a counter-terrorist operation. The IDF bombarded targets in the Gaza Strip with artillery and airstrikes, and Hamas continued to fire rockets and mortar shells into Israel. A cease-fire proposal was announced by the Egyptian government and PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on July 14, and the Israeli government accepted it and stopped the attacks on the morning of July 15. But Hamas rejected the ceasefire and the war was renewed. By July 16 the death toll in Gaza had reached 200.

On July 16, Hamas and Islamic Jihad offered a 10-year truce with ten conditions, including lifting of the Gaza blockade and the release of prisoners who were re-arrested after being released in the Gilad Shalit prisoner swap. Israel refused those terms. On July 17, a five-hour humanitarian ceasefire, proposed by the UN, took place. But a few hours before the ceasefire was to start, 13 armed Hamas terrorists emerging from a tunnel on the Israeli side of the Gaza border. The IDF destroyed the tunnel’s exit, ending the incursion.

After the ceasefire, the IDF launched a ground offensive on the Gaza Strip, aimed at destroying the terror tunnels crossing under the Israeli border. On July 20, the IDF entered Shuja’iyya in Gaza City and encountered heavy resistance. Thirteen IDF soldiers were killed, including two Americans serving in Israel. Seven of the IDF soldiers were killed as their armored vehicle was hit by an anti-tank rocket or an improvised explosive device, and three were killed in clashes with terrorists. Three IDF soldiers were trapped in a burning house. In the next 24 hours, three more IDF soldiers were killed in Shuja’iyya.

Shortly after the battle, twenty civilians from Shuja’iyya were shot for protesting against Hamas. Hamas said it had executed Israeli spies.

On August 3, the IDF pulled most of its ground forces out of the Gaza Strip after completing the destruction of 32 terror tunnels. On August 5 Israel announced that it had arrested Hossam Kawasmeh, suspected of having organized the killing of the three teenagers. According to court documents, Kawasmeh stated that Hamas members in Gaza financed the recruitment and arming of the killers.

JNi.Media

After 9 Years Egypt Foreign Minister Meeting Netanyahu to ‘Promote Peace Process’

Sunday, July 10th, 2016

Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry arrives in Israel Sunday to meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu, the first visit of an Egyptian FM in nine years. The PM told his cabinet meeting Sunday that he would meet with the visitor twice, once in the afternoon and once in the evening. Shoukry met with PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas two weeks ago.

According to Egyptian diplomats speaking to Ma’an, Shoukry’s visit will focus on Egyptian proposals to kickstart the peace process once again, as well as the French peace initiative. The man behind today’s visit, according to Netanyahu, was his special emissary, attorney Yitzhak Molcho, the chief negotiator on behalf of Netanyahu in the Israeli negotiating team.

According to a statement released by Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Ahmed Abu Zeid, the Shoukry visit is the next step in a process begun by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, who a few months ago called on all the parties in Israel to unite around the peace process with the Palestinians and on Arab countries to also enlist to promote the peace.

Since he has managed to expand his ruling coalition from 61 to 67 members, Netanyahu has been speaking freely about his desire for a regional political move, a topic he raised in his meeting with Secretary of State John Kerry two weeks ago, in Rome.

David Israel

Plainclothed Palestinian Authority Police Operating in Israel’s Area C

Sunday, July 10th, 2016

A Palestinian Authority newspaper, Donia Al-Watan,, reports that undercover PA police have begun operating in Area C in Judea and Samaria. The article reports they will now wear civilian clothing when operating in Area C.

According to the Oslo Accords, Area C is supposed to be under exclusive Israeli control and security. PA police are not allowed to operate there in any capacity according to the signed agreeements.

The Palestinian Authority decided they need to clean up the illegal weapons in the PA, after PA civilians opened fire on PA policemen and others in multiple shooting incidents and clan wars during Ramadan last month. The crackdown order came from PA president Mahmoud Abbas.

So far, four PA residents were arrested by PA Police in connection to the shooting incident in Shechem (Nablus) which left 2 PA policemen dead. Two of those arrested were in Area C at the time of their arrest.

In particular the PA police will focus there search for weapons in Shechem, Jenin and Hebron.

Jewish Press News Briefs

EXCLUSIVE: Eyewitness Reveals More Details Surrounding the Murder of 13-Year-Old Israeli-American Girl

Thursday, July 7th, 2016

[First Published in Western Journalism.]

While the knife jihad in Israel continues, new details emerged about what exactly happened last week Wednesday when 13-year-old Israeli-American Hallel Yaffa Ariel was slaughtered by a 19-year-old Palestinian Authority Arab terrorist in the town of Kiryat Arba near Hebron in Israel.

A source in the security forces of Kiryat Arba who wishes to remain anonymous told Western Journalism what happened in the house where the girl was sleeping, exhausted after a dance recital in Jerusalem the night before.

The horrific terrorist act that rocked Israeli society began when an alarm about a breach in the security fence was sent to members of the rapid response security team.

One of the security guards who responded to the alarm originally thought that the alarm was caused by youths who exit the town via the fence, but when he arrived in the area he noticed suspicious sounds coming out of the house of the Ariel family.

At that moment a second member of the security team arrived, and the guards decided to call Amichai, Hallel’s father, who is also a member of the local civilian rapid response security team. He confirmed that his daughter was at home.

A short while later, the father of the girl arrived to open the front door of the house, followed by one of the security guards. He immediately went to the girl’s room to check if everything was OK. When he opened the door, he saw his daughter bleeding from multiple stab wounds. Ariel called out Hallel’s name, but she didn’t respond. He then tried to resuscitate her but soon realized that his daughter had died. He then collapsed in shock.

At the same time, one of the other security guards noticed from his position in the corridor a moving shadow behind a closet in the room. He understood that the terrorist was still there and was trying to hide behind the closet.

He noticed that the terrorist, Mohammad Tra’ayra from the village Bani Na’im near Hebron, was in the possession of a very large knife that looked like a sword. The guard decided to neutralize Tra’ayra, shooting him two times in the back.

Tra’ayra collapsed, but that didn’t prevent him from stabbing the second security guard, who also was hit in his head by a ricocheting bullet. His colleague saved his life by shooting the terrorist in the head.

The wounded security guard lost an eye but the bullet miraculously didn’t reach his brain.

All this happened in the span of a few seconds, the source told Western Journalism.

He said that the girl had eight stab wounds in her upper body and that the terrorist also stabbed Hallel in her throat.

At Hallel’s funeral, her dance instructor called the girl  “a princess in white with a penetrating gaze and a stormy silence about her.”

“Yesterday, like a white bird, you danced the dance of your life,” Esther Marom said, referring to Hallel’s dance performance in Jerusalem the night before the horrific terrorist act.

Hallel’s mother, Rina Ariel, said at the funeral, “God, Father, how do you give a eulogy for a 13-and-a-half-year-old girl? I had the merit of giving birth to you and from that moment on my life was filled with light. For 13-and-a-half years you gave her to me for safekeeping, and now I give her back to you. But Father, there’s no more room up there in heaven, the people of Kiryat Arba have already filled it.”

She also had something to say to the mother of Mohammad Tra’ayra.

“I want to address the mother of the terrorist who did this. I teach my children to love and you’ve have educated yours to hate,” Hallel’s mother said.

Later Rina Ariel stunned the thousands of Israelis who came to her home in Kiryat Arba to comfort the family. Instead, she comforted her fellow Israelis.

She told them to be strong and that by living in Kiryat Arba (the place where Abraham once lived, according to the Bible) Israelis show the Palestinian Authority Arabs that they will win. By living in places the Arabs claim as their sole property, Jews pave the way to the rebuilding of the Temple (Har HaBayit), she told her sobbing visitors before eulogizing her daughter.

The Palestinian Authority, meanwhile, has yet to condemn the ruthless murder of Hallel Yaffa Ariel.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas made no official statement after the attack and reportedly refused to answer telephone calls from foreign leaders who wanted to urge him to condemn the murder. He also ordered Palestinian Authority media not to report on the brutal attack.

Yochanan Visser

The Palestine Post

Sunday, June 26th, 2016

I know, I’m late on this story, but better late than never, and it is a funny story.

Some of the Arabs on this side of the Jordan River spend a lot of fruitless time and effort trying to prove they have ties to the land of Israel that go back more than a 100 years or so.

Sometimes they pull out a coin that says Palestine (minted by Jews) or a photo of a Palestinian sports team (all Jewish).

But this has got to be the first time they pulled out the Palestine Post, known today as the Jerusalem Post, which was at the time, most definitely a Zionist paper.

PLO chairman Mahmoud “Water Libel” Abbas presented Saudi King Salman with a framed copy of the Palestine Post from August 13, 1935, which covered the visit by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Emir Saud, to the Holy Land.

Elder of Ziyon asked, “Why couldn’t Abbas find a non-Zionist newspaper with “Palestine” in the title to show the King this article?”

I think we all know the answer to that.

JoeSettler

Israeli Leaders Slam PA’s Abbas for Blood Libels and Lies in EU Speech

Thursday, June 23rd, 2016
by Michael Bachner, TPS

Israeli leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Reuven Rivlin, responded on Thursday evening to harsh and false attacks voiced earlier against Israel by Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas during his speech at the European Union Parliament in Brussels.

Abbas urged the world to take action against “Israeli atrocities” and repeating debunked rumors that Israeli rabbis had “called to poison Palestinian water supplies.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blasted the speech, saying that Abbas had “showed his true face” in Brussels. “Someone who refuses to meet the president and myself for direct negotiations and who spreads blood libels before the European Parliament, is lying when he claims that his hand is extended in peace,” said Netanyahu.

The prime minister was referring to the potential meeting between Abbas and his Israeli counterpart Rivlin proposed by EU Council President Donald Tusk that Abbas bluntly refused to attend.

“Israel is waiting for the day when Abu Mazen stops spreading lies and engaging in incitement,” Netanyahu added, referring to Abbas by his nickname. “Until then Israel will continue to defend itself against Palestinian incitement that motivates acts of terrorism.”

Abbas harshly attacked Israel during his speech, calling its policies towards Arabs from the Palestinian Authority “racist” and “fascist.” He also said the PA is prepared to make peace with Israel — even as he rejected a single meeting with Rivlin while the two were in the same building at the same time, for the very same purpose.

“Our hands are extended with a desire to peace,” he claimed, directing his remarks to Israel. “We have the political will to achieve peace and we ask, do you have the same will to achieve peace and to acknowledge the historic injustice that your state has exacted on our country?”

President Rivlin also responded to Abbas’ speech on Thursday, expressing disappointment that Abbas has refused to meet with him.

“It is strange that Abbas repeatedly refuses to meet with Israeli leaders and then repeatedly turns to the international community for support,” said Rivlin in a statement. “We cannot build on the trust we have built if we do not start talking directly without intermediaries. Direct talks are the only way to build confidence and restore the conditions for peace between Palestinians and Israelis.”

Israeli lawmaker and former Shin Bet domestic intelligence chief Avi Dichter, who chairs the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee also responded to what he called the “falsehoods” propounded by Abbas during his Brussels speech.

“With a series of historical distortions and crocodile tears, Abu Mazen today described the 1948 Palestinian ‘Nakba‘ [Arabic for ‘disaster’], without mentioning the fact that the Arab leaders in 1947 were the ones who determined their fate,” said Dichter.

“The Jewish leaders accepted the partition plan, while the ‘Abu Mazens’ of that time rejected the United Nations proposal and the Arab armies invaded Israel in order to wipe out the Jews and take 100 percent of Israel.”

Former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon responded to the speech as well, referring to Abbas’ claim that Ya’alon and Ehud Barak, a former Israeli prime minister, recently called Israel was a “fascist” state. While Barak did make a similar accusation, Ya’alon did not.

“Abu Mazen is not only lying as usual, continuing his malicious blood libels against the State of Israel,” wrote Ya’alon on his Facebook page, “he is also exploiting the healthy democratic discourse in Israeli society, which does not exist in his society and is putting words in my mouth I did not say.

“Abu Mazen’s conduct, speeches and evasions of direct negotiations with Israel without preconditions are further proof that he never intended to go for an agreement, including recognition of our right to exist as the only nation state of the Jewish people,” Ya’alon added.

TPS / Tazpit News Agency

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/276345/2016/06/23/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: