web analytics
August 31, 2016 / 27 Av, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘massacre’

VIDEO: Ben Ehrenreich Shares his Love for the Sbarro Massacre Mastermind’s Family

Tuesday, August 9th, 2016

{Originally posted to the author’s website, Elder of Ziyon}

This Tuesday will be the 15th anniversary of the infamous Sbarro pizza shop bombing, masterminded by Ahlam Tamimi.

The attack, on August 9, 2001, killed 15 people and injured 130. Among the dead were a pregnant woman and seven children – some counted eight, including an 18 year-old who had just finished school; the injured also included one young mother who was left in a permanent vegetative state.

For the families of the victims, this year’s 15th anniversary of the attack may well be particularly grim, because of a fawning book that has been recently released by Ben Ehrenreich, lionizing the murderous Tamimi clan.

Who would have ever imagined that an American writer would come out with a book that presents the family of Ahlam Tamimi – the Sbarro massacre mastermind – as simply wonderful people? This despite the fact that the Tamimis not only continue to justify the Sbarro attack, but are openly cheering pretty much every terror attack that has been perpetrated over the past year. And who would have ever imagined that prestigious publications like the New York Times and The Economist would praise this hagiography of the terror-supporting Jew-hating Tamimis to the high heavens? What is it about killing Jews that is so romantic that the NYT would gush about Ehrenreich’s “Love Letter to Palestine” and The Economist would fawn about all “the hope, and the love” that infuses Ehrenreich’s depiction of the Tamimis?

For a glimpse of the intense Jew-hatred and the ardent support for terror that animates Ben Ehrenreich’s protagonists, watch the video below that will introduce you to the four people Ehrenreich lists first in the Acknowledgements for his book: Bassem and Nariman Tamimi, and Bilal and Manal Tamimi.

The video was conceived, researched and written by Petra Marquardt-Bigman. Narrated and directed by Elder of Ziyon.

Elder of Ziyon

Netanyahu Condemns Massacre at Ataturk International Airport

Wednesday, June 29th, 2016

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the massacre by radical Islamist terrorists Tuesday night at Turkey’s Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul.

Netanyahu issued a brief statement Wednesday in the wake of the attack, pointing out the threat is a worldwide problem.

“Israel strongly condemns yesterday’s terrorist attack in Istanbul,” the prime minister said. “All civilized nations must stand together to fight the scourge of terrorism.”

Israel’s Foreign Ministry said Wednesday that all Israelis living or visiting in Istanbul had been in contact with their families and confirmed they were safe.

Israel Consul to Istanbul Shai Cohen said Tuesday evening there were no Israelis listed on the casualty rolls at the hospital where victims were transported following the attack at the airport.

Hana Levi Julian

Death Toll Rising in Istanbul Airport Massacre

Wednesday, June 29th, 2016

The death toll is continuing to rise in Tuesday night’s twin suicide bombing at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport.

Turkish officials have now confirmed that at least 41 people were killed in the massacre, including 13 foreign nationals; 239 others were injured in the attack.

Three as yet still unidentified terrorists, including at least one armed with an AK-47 Kalashnikov assault rifle, attacked the international departures hall at the busy airport.

The terrorists opened fire at the first security checkpoint at the entrance to the terminal, where baggage undergoes the initial inspection through an X-ray machine, then detonated their explosives vests as police began to return fire.

“The findings … point to the Da’esh organization as the perpetrators of this terror attack,” Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told journalists in the wee hours of Wednesday morning at the airport.

“But even though indications suggest Da’esh, our investigations are continuing,” Yildirim added.

Ataturk is the third largest airport in Europe and the 11th largest in the world; more than 63.5 million passengers passed through its doors in 2015.

On March 22 two Da’esh terrorists attacked the Zaventem international airport in Brussels, detonating suicide vests and blowing up the departures hall. A third suicide bomber blew himself up at a metro station in Brussels not far from the headquarters of the European Union less than an hour later. At least 32 people were killed in the coordinated attacks and hundreds more were wounded.

No terror group has yet claimed responsibility for the Istanbul airport attack, but Da’esh released an infographic via the group’s Amaq news agency Wednesday claiming to have “covert” units in Turkey. The release marked the two-year anniversary of the so-called establishment of the ISIS “caliphate” in Syria and Iraq.

Hana Levi Julian

The Orlando Massacre

Wednesday, June 15th, 2016

President Obama has long rankled with his preposterous, mantra-like refusal to mention or allow anyone in his administration to mention Islam in the same breath as “terror” or “terrorism.”

He would not even allow the use of the phrase “radical Islam” which, to most, would only signify a possible hijacking of a faith to one’s own use. This, even though terrorist attacks for years have almost invariably been committed by marauders invoking Allah in the course of their murderous rampages.

Mr. Obama’s reason for this has been straightforward: Determined to reset the relationship between the United States and the Muslim world, he was fearful that even tangential linkage as a matter of American policy would thwart that goal by alienating many Muslims. And in that regard, Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton stood by him. But in the wake of the Orlando shooting on Sunday at the hands of an American-born Muslim who swore allegiance to Islamic State, that seems to have changed.

Donald Trump reacted to the Orlando shooting by doubling down on his uncompromising, hard-line, theoretical  linkage to terrorism of Muslims generally and some of the teachings of Islam, and by reiterating his call for  restricting their entry into the U.S.

Mrs. Clinton at first echoed President Obama’s paean to diversity and “our values.” She dismissed Mr. Trump’s overall approach and tried to downplay any connection between Islam and the Orlando terror. She reiterated the need for gun control, deplored Mr. Trump’s “inflammatory, anti-Muslim rhetoric,” and said the “murder of innocent people breaks our hearts, tears at our sense of security, and makes us furious.”

And she rhapsodized that “America is strongest when we all believe we have a stake in our country and our future…. Our open, diverse society is an asset in the struggle against terrorism, not a liability.”

But she didn’t even hint at the notion that Islamic terrorism or radical Islam played a role in the Orlando attack.

Mr. Trump responded with a call for President Obama to resign and for Mrs. Clinton to withdraw from the presidential race over their refusal to recognize the Islamic threat to Americans’ safety.

Mrs. Clinton then did a stunning about face, as reflected in her exchange with CNN’s Chris Cuomo:

 

Cuomo: “One of the criticisms in these situations is that President Obama won’t use the words ‘radical Islamic terror.’ That it seems to be either a fear or a protective instinct about blaming the religion. You are now coming under scrutiny about what you will call this, what this means to leadership. Do you believe that this is radical Islamism? Will you use those words, and if not, why?”

Clinton: “Well, first of all, from my perspective, it matters what we do more than what we say. And it mattered we got bin Laden, not what name we called him. And I have clearly said that we face terrorist enemies who use Islam to justify slaughtering innocent people. And, you know, whether you call it radical jihadism or radical Islamism, I think they mean the same thing; I’m happy to use either.”

 

While there is still a trace of diplomatic gobbledygook, it seems clear that, under pressure from Mr. Trump,  Mrs. Clinton has broken from President Obama on a singular theme of his administration. Time will tell whether she will be as vulnerable to future Trump verbal barrages respecting other controversial positions the leader of her party has espoused. If nothing else, she has signaled a recognition that events may force her hand.

 

The Sarona Attack

As soon as the dust settled on the Palestinian terrorist attack on Tel Aviv’s Sarona café last week in which four Israelis were killed and many more wounded, Israel announced several immediate countermeasures –which included refusing to send the bodies of the terrorists to their families, imposing travel restrictions on Palestinians, and deploying thousands of troops in the West Bank.

Editorial Board

Belgian PM Cancels Event With US Secy of State Due to Terror Operations

Saturday, March 26th, 2016

Belgium’s Prime Minister Charles Michel canceled a planned event with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday as a sting operation to grab a “big fish” got underway in the Schaerbeek neighborhood in Brussels. Police captured Abderamane A. near a tram stop with a backpack that looked “suspicious.”

Witnesses who were in their homes near the scene at the time told The Wall Street Journal they heard two gunshots. Police shot the suspect in the leg when he refused a directive to hand over his backpack and lie down. The suspect was arrested and taken into custody, the witnesses said.

The backpack was detonated by a bomb-disposal robot, which produced a small a small bang, they said. A girl who was with him was unharmed. Her relationship was unclear.

Another suspect shot by Belgian police, Tawfik A. had resisted arrest during a house raid on Friday. He was connected to 34-year-old Frenchman Reda Kriket, a terrorist arrested a day earlier in France. A second suspect connected to Kriket, Rabah N., was also arrested Friday, without gunfire. Tawfik A. was reported released on Saturday, WSJ reported.

Kriket was linked to Abdel-hamid Abaaoud, suspected ringleader of the Nov.13 Paris massacre. Kriket had been convicted in absentia in Belgium last year along with Abaaoud.

Kriket was also allegedly in the advanced stage of planning another attack when he was captured last week . Police said they discovered weapons and explosives in his suburban Paris apartment.

Authorities said they have identified 24 of the 31 victims of last week’s attacks in Brussels; of the 340 wounded, 101 are still hospitalized.

Hana Levi Julian

San Bernardino Shooters Left Baby at Grandma’s Before Terror Attack

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

The Muslim husband-and-wife terror team who crashed a party in San Bernardino to carry out a slaughter Wednesday first made sure to leave their 6-month-old baby at grandma’s.

Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27, stopped at the Redlands home of Farook’s mother, telling her they were going to a medical appointment, Reuters reported.

Farooq attended the holiday office party, held for employees of the San Bernadino Health Department at the Inland Regional Center for developmentally disabled children. He “stormed out after an argument,” according to numerous reports, and then returned with his wife. (There are conflicting reports about the presence of a third person being involved in the attack.)

The attackers burst in on the party wearing black masks, camouflage fatigues and bulletproof vests, toting assault rifles and opened fire on the crowd. They murdered 14 people and wounded 17 more, including colleagues who had thrown them a baby shower earlier this year.

When they ran out of ammunition, they took off in their black SUV and headed for the Farook home. Police caught up with them a few hours later, blocking their next attempt to escape, in the road. In the ensuing shootout, the SUV was riddled with bullets, and both Farook and Malik were killed, their blood mingling as it flowed down the street.

Several live IEDs (improvised explosive devices) and fake pipe bombs were found at the site of the massacre as well. It took police sappers hours to safely defuse the explosives.

The real question is, who were these terrorists?

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) was quoted by WND as saying that Farooq and Malik had been married two years.

Earlier this year, Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia, and returned with a wife, telling his co-workers that he had “met her online.”

But do the math. Even if the couple arrived in the United States on January 1 and Malik was pregnant, how many postpartum women can carry out a wholesale slaughter wearing armor and toting an assault rifle, and then run?

No way.

Farook himself graduated from California State University at San Bernadino in 2009. He made $53,000 in 2013, according to the California state employees’ website.

Farook’s family came from South Asia, although he was born in the United States, according to Reuters. Malik is believed to have come from Pakistan but lived in Saudi Arabia before she was brought to America, according to Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the Los Angeles chapter of CAIR, who also told Reuters the couple were parents of a baby girl.

Farook’s father told media his son was a religious Muslim.

Supporters of the Da’esh (ISIS) terror group celebrated the attack on Twitter, according to the Vocativ website.

“Three lions made us proud,” one user tweeted. “California streets are full with soldiers with heavy weapons. The Unites States is burning#America_Burning.”

“Let America know a new era#California#America_Burning,” tweeted another pro-terrorist cited by Vocativ.

A third tweet said, “God is the greatest. May God spread fear in the homes of the Crusaders.”

However, there was no claim by ISIS or any tweet linked to the group of responsibility for the attack.

Hana Levi Julian

14 Dead in San Bernardino Massacre

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

A holiday party for San Bernardino county health workers at the Inland Regional Center for developmentally disabled ended suddenly when three masked shooters crashed the party.

It was a scene of carnage as armed terrorists, wearing black masks, camouflage fatigues and bullet vests opened fire at the happy workers.

The terrorists murdered 14 people and seriously wounded at least 17 others inside the conference room where the party was being held.

One of the shooters was later identified as 28-year-old Syed Rizwan Farook, according to the LA Times. Farook was married to the second shooter, 27-year-old Tashfeen Malik. Both were U.S. citizens.

Police are searching for the third shooter. Sources said that person is a relative of Farook, not yet identified. Reportedly, a third person has been detained. It is not clear whether that person is a suspect or not.

When they ran out of bullets, all three took off in a black SUV, heading for the Farook home. Police caught up with them a few hours later, cornering Farook and his wife when they tried to flee in their SUV. In the shootout that followed, the vehicle was riddled with bullets, leaving both dead and blood running in the street.

According to numerous sources, Farook left the party, appearing “angry.” But investigators said Wednesday night that the motive for the massacre is still unclear.

“This was not a casual workplace argument,” a law enforcement source told the NY Post. “It’s a well-planned and thought-out attack.”

San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan echoed that view, telling reporters, “Preliminary information indicates that these were people who came prepared, that they were dressed and equipped in a way to indicate that they were prepared… and they were armed with long guns, not handguns.”

Sappers were working late into the night to defuse an IED (improvised explosive device) discovered by police at the scene of the attack.

Several “items of concern” were also found inside the SUV used as an escape vehicle, he said, and authorities were working to determine whether any were explosive as well.

“Is this a terrorist incident? We do not know,” David Bowditch, assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles field office, told The Times. Terrorism has not been ruled out, he said later.

The young, bearded Farook was quiet, polite and well-liked by his colleagues. He had recently traveled to Saudi Arabia and returned “with a woman he met online,” according to co-workers questioned by police. The couple had a baby and appeared to be “living the American dream,” said fellow food inspector Patrick Baccari, quoted by the LA Times.

Farook worked for the county health department as a “health technician,” inspecting restaurants and hotels, according to his father, who spoke with the New York Daily News.

Public records show Farook worked for the county health department as an “environmental health specialist,” earning a salary of $51,000 per year.

During a conference held late Wednesday night the Council on Islamic Relations in Anaheim condemned the attack. “The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Americans in repudiating any twisted mindset that would claim to justify such sickening acts of violence,” the group said in its statement.

At that news conference, Farook’s brother-in-law, Farhan Khan, expressed shock at the news. “I have no idea why he would do that,” he said. “Why would he do something like that? I have no idea. I’m in shock myself.”

Hana Levi Julian

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/14-dead-in-san-bernadino-massacre/2015/12/03/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: