web analytics
November 26, 2015 / 14 Kislev, 5776
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘MEMRI’

BOMBSHELL: ‘West Falsely Claims Iran Parliament Approved JCPOA’

Wednesday, October 14th, 2015

Despite the many news reports that on Tuesday, Oct. 13, the Iranian parliament – the Majlis – by a majority vote passed the Nuclear Iran Deal crafted by the negotiators from Iran and the U.S. and several other world powers, that is not the case.

Instead, the Majlis approved by a 161 to 59 vote, with 13 abstentions, a nine point document they created which authorizes the Iranian government to move forward on a path that will do at least two things: one, remove international sanctions against Iran, and two, end Israel’s nuclear weapons program.

Got that?

End Israel’s nuclear weapons program. Not end Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Ending Israel’s program is apparently point one of the nine point document approved by the Majlis on Tuesday.

Amir Tehari tweet

Under Point five of the Majlis version of the Nuclear Iran Deal, conversion of enriched uranium at the Arak plutonium plant is conditional to other side deals.

Point six of the Majlis Nuclear Iran Deal forbids the inspection of any military site or the interviewing of any officer, which, Taheri points out, were promoted as key elements of the Nuclear Iran Deal by U.S. President Obama and his administration.

Point seven of the Majlis version of the Nuclear Iran Deal calls on the Iranian government to strengthen Iran’s defense, especially its missile arsenal.

Point 7 of Majlis’s 9-point text calls on Govt, to strengthen Iran’s defense,offensive and defensive, especially by missile arsenal

The nine point Majlis document, following Tuesday’s approval, now goes to the Iranian Council of Guardians for their review on Thursday. That is the same day President Obama has said he will affix his signature to the version of the deal drafted by his negotiators.

As Taheri pointed out in an article first published in the New York Post, “Obama Will Be the Only Person Sticking to the Iran Deal.”

These revelations were made first by Iranian-born journalist Amir Taheri, and confirmed by the Middle East Media Research Institute, which points out the Majlis merely approved its own revised version of the deal. The actions by the Majlis confirm predictions made for many months by Iran expert Michael Ledeen.

Taheri has written for such publications as the London Sunday Times, the Daily Telegraph, the Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, The Pakistan Daily Times and for several years was a member of the executive board of the International Press Institute. He’s also written for nearly a dozen different Arab media outlet, is a CNN commentator and has been interviewed by the BBC and elsewhere.

Taheri is also the author of many books, including on such topics as Islamic terrorism. Such writing has won him powerful enemies, some accusing him of concocting conspiracy theories and worse.

But MEMRI’s translation confirms Taheri’s claims.

Iran Issues New Demands on the Nuclear Deal (It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over…)

Thursday, September 24th, 2015

The Iranian government is now demanding the finished nuclear deal be re-opened for negotiation, again.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei demanded earlier this month that sanctions be lifted entirely, rather than simply suspended as agreed in the nuclear deal signed in July.

This past weekend, the demand was repeated by a top Iranian official ahead of the upcoming United Nations General Assembly, where informal negotiations often take place on the sidelines. On September 28, Iranian officials plan to meet with the entire P5+1 delegation that negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran, according to Iran’s FARS news agency.

However, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly plans to meet with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in the coming days in New York over the issue. According to Fox News, a State Department official said there will be no further negotiation.

“We’ve long said that we’re not going to comment on or react to every statement attributed to the Iranian leadership,” the official told FoxNews.com. “Our focus is on implementing the deal, and verifying that Iran completes its key nuclear steps under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). There is no renegotiation, and the nuclear-related sanctions relief that Iran will receive once the IAEA verifies that it has completed its nuclear steps is clearly spelled out in the text of the [agreement].”

The ayatollah has said, however, that unless sanctions are lifted entirely, “there will be no deal.” According to a translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), Khamenei warned if sanctions are only suspended, Iran too will only “suspend” the nuclear activities listed in the agreement.

In the text of the agreement, there is a reference to “lifting” the sanctions, but the White House has promised that sanctions “will snap back into place” if Iran violates its end of the deal.

According to MEMRI, it’s not that simple. The talks on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly may provide a forum for new negotiations over further concessions to Iran. Outright “lifting of sanctions” would constitute a “fundamental change” to the deal, MEMRI pointed out, because “lifting the sanctions, rather than suspending them, will render impossible a ‘snapback’ in case of Iranian violations.”

Three Iran leaders announced already last July, however, that Iran intended to openly violate at least part of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2231.

“Just as we refrained from complying with UN Security Council resolutions, we can do so with regard to 2231,” explained senior negotiator Abbas Araghchi in an interview on Iranian Channel 2 broadcast on July 20, 2015, picked up and translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

The three leaders, President Hassan Rouhani, Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, and Araghchi, who also serves as deputy foreign minister, emphasized in the interview that Iran has no intention of abiding by the UN resolution, which includes both the JCPOA and Annex B – the list of points with which Iran disagrees, including the issue of sanctions on the Iranian missile development project. Rather, Iran seeks to abide only by the JCPOA.

Following the passage of UNSCR 2231, the Iranian foreign ministry issued a statement noting, “Iran does not attach legitimacy to any restriction and any threat. If UNSCR 2231 will be violated by Iran, it will be a violation of the Security Council resolution and not of the JCPOA, similar to what happened 10 years ago when we violated Security Council resolutions and nothing happened.

“The text of the JCPOA notes the fact that the content of the JCPOA and of the UN Security Council resolution are two separate things,” the statement read.

During the interview, Araghchi said that there had been tough bargaining between the Iranian and American delegations over the issue of the arms embargo on Iran and the sanctions related to Iran’s missile development project.

ISIS: We Will Behead Obama, Make US Part of the Caliphate [video]

Thursday, January 29th, 2015

The barbarians from ISIS recently released another bloody video. This one shows several of their members standing beside an executioner-style black hooded man towering over a straight-backed Kurdish captive.

The filming takes place in the middle of a street in Mosul, Iraq. We know the words spoken in the video, thanks to the translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute, MEMRI.org.

In this, as in all the ISIS videos, the terrorists boast about their bloodthirsty deeds committed in the name of Allah, and promise still more bloodshed.

In this video, see below, the executioner promises that ISIS will come to America and cut off President Obama’s head, right in the White House. He also promises that ISIS will turn the United States into a Muslim province.




Then the ISIS executioner threatens France and Belgium, warning them that ISIS will bring car bombs and explosives to their streets. He also threatens to cut off the heads of the French and the Belgians.

But his greatest ire is directed at Masoud Barazani, the president of the Kurds. His voice grows louder still, and he shouts out his threat to Barazani, whom he calls a dog, saying ISIS will behead him and throw him onto the trash bin of history.

It is no surprise that ISIS feels the greatest enmity for the Kurds. The Kurdish fighting force, the Peshmerga, have been fighting the ISIS forces with superhuman dedication and focus for months.

The Kurds finally regained control over Kobane, a previously Kurdish-ruled city, driving out the barbarians from all neighborhoods in the that city. The victory occurred on Monday, Jan. 27, the day after this video was made, but the tide had begun to turn earlier.

Once ISIS was routed from Kobane, Barazani said that it was “a great honor for the Kurdish people that they stood along 1,500 kilometers in the face of the most brutal terrorist organization and defeated it. This victory is the victory of humanity over the savagery of terrorists.”

And then, as if to prove Barazani’s point, the ISIS executioner says: “We will institute the laws of Allah, may he be exalted and praised.” He then turns his focus back to the Kurdish soldier at his feet, upon whose head the executioner kept his hand, throughout the speech.

“This is the fate of one of your soldiers, and every time you launch a missile, we will send you back the head of one of your soldiers.”

At the end of the original video  – this is excised from the version, below – the executioner beheads the Kurdish soldier at his feet.

The Peshmerga forces have already begun their assault on the ISIS stronghold in Mosul.

MEMRI is Back on YouTube

Thursday, December 4th, 2014

YouTube apparently reversed itself following its “termination” of the MEMRI TV account the other day.

The MEMRI channel is now back on YouTube.

YouTube Deletes MEMRI TV Channel

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014

For almost two days now, the YouTube channel of MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project, has been listed by YouTube as “terminated”.

MEMRI translates and exposes hate content from both mainstream Arab and Islamic terrorist’s media outlets, which would otherwise go unnoticed by the non-Arabic speaking public.

This was first reported by blogger Aussie Dave at Israellycool:

 YouTube has terminated the invaluable MEMRITV channel for what it calls “repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement.” And from the looks of things, at the time of this post, MEMRI may not even be aware of it.

Which means some very important video footage with translations from Arabic may not be spread as far and wide as they deserve to be. And on a more micro level, a whole bunch of videos we have posted about – like our Jew-hating Jordanian buddy here – no longer work.

From what I understand, MEMRI can appeal the decision. The question of copyright infringement may come down to “fair use”, which I believe to be the case. As for any other so-called “violations” of YouTube’s Community Guidelines, I can only imagine they were flagged as being “hate speech” by enemies of freedom, simply for shining a light on the realhate speech out there. Which includes YouTube Channels of terrorist and hate organizations, which are allowed to continue unabated.


Don’t Play With Your Food

Sunday, October 5th, 2014

Remember when your parents told you to not play with your food?

This takes on a whole new dimension when Gaza children celebrate the Eid holiday with their (slaughtered) cow.

Hamas Proudly Admits Intimidating Press in Gaza

Saturday, August 16th, 2014

How much more proof will be necessary to convince those who disbelieve Israel about everything? We have now heard from both the foreign media association and from Hamas itself: during the recent conflict in Gaza, journalists were intimidated and harassed into ignoring terrorist behavior by Hamas.

The Foreign Press Association – an entity comprised largely of journalists who are not supportive of Israel – condemned Hamas in the harshest possible language of attempting to force reporters to violate journalistic standards and of intimidating journalists into refraining from reporting on illegal Hamas activity.

And now the Middle East Media Research Institute has conclusive proof that Hamas was intimidating and deporting foreign journalists who dared to look too closely at what Hamas was doing in Gaza during the recent fighting.

The proof is the statement made by the head of foreign relations in the Hamas Information Ministry, Isra Al-Mudallal, on Mayadeen television, translated by MEMRI. She said that Hamas security personnel would confront journalists suspected of filing its terrorist operations.

It was the view of Hamas that any journalists who were trying to film their fighters while engaged in military efforts were, by definition, collaborating with Israel and immoral.

“So when they were conducting interviewers, or when they went on location to report, they would focus on filming the places from where missiles were launched. Thus, they were collaborating with the occupation,” al-Mudallal said. “These journalists were deported from the Gaza Strip. The security agencies would go and have a chat with these people. They would give them some time to change their message, one way or another.”

“Some of the journalists who entered the Gaza Strip were under security surveillance. Even under these difficult circumstances, we managed to reach them, and tell them that what they were doing was anything but professional journalism and that it was immoral,” added Al-Mudallal.

Watch her Skype interview, with MEMRI’s translation, here:

Throughout the latest violence in Gaza, Hamas threatened and interrogated Western journalists, preventing them from reporting on Hamas activities which would have substantiated Israel’s claims that Hamas used human shields, fired within residential neighborhoods, and launched rockets next to civilians.

The Foreign Press Association, an organization of journalists covering Israel, Gaza and the territories for foreign news sources, harshly condemned Hamas for its behavior towards journalists during the recent violent conflict.

“The FPA protests in the strongest terms the blatant, incessant, forceful and unorthodox methods” employed by Hamas against journalists in Gaza.

The international media are not advocacy organisations and cannot be prevented from reporting by means of threats or pressure, thereby denying their readers and viewers an objective picture from the ground.

In several cases, foreign reporters working in Gaza have been harassed, threatened or questioned over stories or information they have reported through their news media or by means of social media.

The FPA also came out strongly against the efforts by Hamas to institute a “vetting” procedure, which would be used to “blacklist” specific journalists.

But despite the clearest evidence, there will still be many – the New York TimesJodi Rudoren, for one – who refuse to believe what even Hamas admits.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/hamas-proudly-admits-intimidating-press-in-gaza/2014/08/16/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: