Chanukah is definitely a holiday of lights, but not of light cooking. Here is the fourth in a series of Chanukah dishes from different Jewish communities from around the world:
6 medium sized potatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly
1 tsp grated garlic
2 tbs finely cut parsley
3 tbs olive oil
How to prepare:
1. Cook in water with salt the potatoes and sweet potato for about 20 minutes and strain the water
2. Squash the potatoes but not too finely (needs to be a little lumpy), let cool down
3. Once mixture is cooled down, add in the eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Warm up a frying pan with the olive oil and fry latkes
5. Absorb the oil with paper towels and serve.