web analytics
November 28, 2015 / 16 Kislev, 5776
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Palestinian Islamic Jihad’

Update: Iron Dome Anti-Missile Batteries Deployed in Southern Israel

Thursday, August 20th, 2015

Iron Dome anti-missile defense systems were deployed Thursday in areas between the coastal port cities of Ashkelon and Ashdod. The system was also deployed Thursday in the northern Negev city of Be’er Sheva, where the system has not been deployed since last summer’s Operation Protective Edge against Hamas and allied terrorists in Gaza.

Security coordinators for communities in the Gaza Belt and other districts in southern Israel have been warned of possible rocket fire by Gaza terrorists.

Rocket fire was launched at northern Israel from the Syrian side of the border late Thursday afternoon. Two rockets exploded in open fields in the Galilee Panhandle, setting ripening crops ablaze. Two more rockets exploded in the Golan Heights and ignited fires in fields there as well. Firefighting crews were backed by by firefighter aircraft in helping to extinguish the flames.

Israel Defense Forces and local security personnel have been placed on high alert in response to the deteriorating health condition of Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist Mohammed Alla’an, hospitalized at Barzilai Medical Center.

The Gaza-based, Iranian-backed PIJ terror group has threatened to launch attacks against Israel if the hunger-striker dies.

Alla’an, who was held on administrative detention in connection with terror activity, has caused himself brain damage after refusing to eat for more than 60 days. It is not clear whether or not the damage is reversible.

Israel’s High Court of Justice order the state to suspend Alla’an’s detention and to allow his family unrestricted visitation. However, he and his family will need to seek permission from the Court if he chooses to seek leave or seek care elsewhere.

Alla’an was resedated Wednesday evening for the second time in a week due to his medical condition.

Administrative Detention Temporarily Cancelled for Hunger-Striking PIJ Terrorist

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015

The High Court of Justice temporarily cancelled the state’s order of administrative detention late Wednesday night following a deterioration in the medical condition of Mohammed Alla’an.

It is unclear, however, how long that situation will last, and under what conditions it might be reinstated, if at all.

Mohammed Alla’an was resedated Wednesday eveneing upon the recommendation of physicians at Barzilai Medical Center following a worsening in his medical condition.

“Alla’an is in stable condition and is receiving the treatment that is necessary to address the medical problems that became apparent during this evening,” a hospital spokesperson said in a statement.

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist hunger striker who became unconscious last week after starving himself for more than 60 days, may have caused himself permanent brain damage.

Doctors at Barzilai Medical Center said in a statement Wednesday that Alla’an has been diagnosed via an MRI imaging study with brain damage due to nutrient deficiency.

It is not yet clear whether the damage is reversible, however. Alla’an remains hospitalized in serious condition at present.

Alla’an awakened from his “coma” on Tuesday after receiving IV fluids and “essential medications,” and spending several days on a respirator, which has since been withdrawn. He is conscious and breathing independently.

Attorneys for the State of Israel told the High Court of Justice the government would release the detainee if his brain damage is irreversible. The offer is contingent upon his proven inability to return to the activity for which he was held on administrative detention.

The government offered to release Alla’an last week in exchange for his agreement to remain abroad for a period of four years, but he rejected the offer just before he became unconscious.

The hospital has told media that Alla’an is showing difficulty “communicating with his surroundings.”

Although he allegedly received an offer from the court – via his attorneys – to release him on November 3, when the administrative order expires, Alla’an had “not yet responded,” according to Sawsan Zaher of the Adalah legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel.

6000 Boys Graduate Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terrorist Military ‘Summer Camp’

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015

The Iranian-backed Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist organization held a graduation ceremony Tuesday for the 6,000 Gaza boys who this summer attended its Youth Military Camp in Khan Younis.

Hundreds of Gaza children — budding guerrilla fighters — were dressed by “camp counselors” in battle fatigues and taught to apply the requisite black camouflage grease beneath the eyes on the skin of their young faces.

Palestinian boys participate in a graduation ceremony from the youth military camp sponsored by Islamic Jihad movement in Khan Yunis.

Then they were handed guns with which they showed off their new prowess in aiming and firing weapons at enemy targets (read: Israelis and Jews.)

Boys ages 8 to 21 participated this year in the Fohtwat al-Nassir” military camp run by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s Al Aqsa Brigades military arm, the terror group announced.

5 Jews Arrested in Counter Protest at Barzilai Hospital

Sunday, August 16th, 2015

Five Jews were arrested Sunday night in a counter protest held across from a solidarity demonstration supporting Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist prisoner Mohammed Alla’an, hospitalized at Ashkelon’s Barzilai Medical Center.

Some 200 protesters are demonstrating outside the hospital in solidarity with Alla’an who is now unconscious due to his extensive hunger strike. The demonstration is being secured by Israel police forces.

The counter demonstration by Jewish protesters has been marred by rioting and public disorder.

Five protesters were arrested, including one who hurled a rock at the vehicle of a Palestinian Authority Arab journalist, causing some damage.

Alla’an, who continued his hunger strike for more than 60 days before lapsing into unconsciousness on Friday, was placed on medical support Friday after he experienced hallucinations and convulsions.

The patient was provided with a respirator and saline via IV; he was also taken for a CT scan to determine whether he had lapsed into a coma. As of Saturday night he was listed in stable condition, and his condition remained unchanged as of Sunday evening.

PIJ Terrorist Prisoner Hunger Striker on Medical Support

Saturday, August 15th, 2015

Palestinian Arab terror prisoner Mohammed Ala’an slipped into unconsciousness Friday after 60 days on a hunger strike and is now on life support at Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon.

Ala’an, 31, has been held in prison on administrative detention on suspicions of involvement in terrorist activity with the Iran-backed Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror group.

Because he also experienced hallucinations and convulsions, doctors at Barzilai were forced to resuscitate the patient and then place him on a respirator.

Ala’an, who was admitted to the hospital earlier this week, also received a saline drip and was taken for a CT scan to determine whether he is in a coma. On Saturday evening he was listed in stable condition.

The military wing of the Gaza-based Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist organization, to which he is alleged to belong, threatened Friday to attack if Ala’an dies.

“If he dies, we will respond with force and put an end to our commitment to maintaining calm,” the group said in a statement.

Doctors at the hospital who to this point have not treated him — in accordance with his wishes — expressed concern to Ala’an’s family that he may suffer disability in the future as a result of the hunger strike.

Ala’an’s mother has been at his bedside, according to Ynet, which reported that she is “supporting her son and encouraging him to continue his protest. According to medical teams she even calls him a ‘shahid (martyr) .”

His father said Ala’an is “determined to continue his hunger strike despite its threat to his life. Now he is in the hands of his God and all we can do is pray to God to protect his life.”


New Terror Group Threatens Hamas in Gaza

Thursday, July 9th, 2015

A new terror group is rising to politely threaten the control of Hamas in Gaza, and it’s not the Da’esh-linked Salafi Muslims or any other global jihad group. Nor is it the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), which has just lost its funding from Iran — in favor of the new organization.

The new group, called “Al-Sabirin” or “Hosn” – “The Patient for the Victory of Palestine” — was started by former PIJ official Hisham Salem, who has been careful to maintain good graces with Tehran. The group’s flag is also very similar to that of the Shi’ite Muslim Hezbollah terrorist organization, also backed by Iran.

Last week the Middle East Monitor quoted an Al-Quds newspaper report that Iran had severed ties with PIJ due to its ambivalence over Tehran’s involvement in Yemen. PIJ has been looking for new sponsors, according to the report, but has failed to find them. As a result, it has closed the head office of its satellite TV channel Palestine Today, and “laid off” numerous other employees.

Al-Quds also reported that internal divisions within the group were also responsible for Iran’s decision to end its funding, along with the establishment of Al-Sabirin, which the newspaper claimed is in “full ideological and political agreement with Iran.” Moreover, according to the report, “its members, apparently, get paid full salaries every month.”

Salem has produced numerous YouTube videos in which he talks about historical events that are important to Shi’ite Muslims; this has also produced considerable confusion in Gaza among potential new followers.

Salem was allegedly expelled from the northern division of Palestinian Islamic Jihad in 2010, according to a source who spoke with Al Monitor, because he sparked “sectarian strife.” The source added that Salem’s ideas were bad for Sunni Palestinian society, which “rejects sectarian pluralism for fear of a sectarian war in Gaza.”

Salem spoke with Al Monitor in 2014, confirming his position as a “leader of the Hosn movement,” and explaining the organization was “inspired” by the founder of Palestinian Islamic Jihad. He added that his group believes in “Islamic unity, and [sees] no reason to separate as Sunnis and Shi’ites.”

Salem’s charity organization, “Al-Baqiyat al-Salihat” is funded primarily by Iran. Hamas allegedly does not see Al-Sabirin as competition for Iranian dollars, however.

Hamas official Atef Adwan told Al Monitor last year it was likely that Salem’s group “will not be able to continue in the presence of giant organizations that fill the scene.”

UN Releases The Schabes Report: Israeli Self-Defense a ‘War Crime’

Monday, June 22nd, 2015

A wave of disapproval, and perhaps resigned expectation rolled across most of Jewish Israel on Monday afternoon with the release of The Schabes Report (183 pages) by the “Independent Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict.” Professor William Schabes led the Commission, which included Mary McGowan Davis and Doudou Diène.

(The complete 34-page advance executive summary of the report can be viewed by clicking here.)

A Canadian professor of international criminal and human rights law, Schabes has been called “the world expert on the law of genocide and international law.” But Schabes was forced to resign in February 2015 after Israel publicly revealed that he had once been a legal adviser to the Palestine Liberation Organization – a clear conflict of interest. Justice Davis took up the mantle of leadership for the time remaining to the Commission.

Everywhere Israeli soldiers fought in the summer of 2014 was Occupied Palestinian Territory according to the United Nations. But even the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) was forced to admit in The Schabes Report that Hamas controls the Gaza region.

As such, even the UN Commission was inspired to refer to the region’s terrorist rulers as a separate governing entity (see item five, page three of the 34-page advance executive summary of the report.) However, the Commission failed to note that it was the population of Gaza who in 2006 democratically elected Hamas* – a terror group whose charter still documents its vow to annihilate the State of Israel — to rule the enclave.

Instead, according to The Schabes Report, anything the Israel Defense Forces did in Gaza to conduct their counter terror military campaign against “Palestinian armed groups” was considered illegal.

There was no mention of the term “human shields,” nor was there any reference to the military activities by Hamas that had provoked the war. Oddly, the Commission blamed the “Occupation” by Israel on page five in item 14: “The hostilities of 2014 erupted in the context of the protracted occupation of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, and of the increasing number of rocket attacks on Israel.”

The Commission continued its rant against Israel in a similar vein on page seven, in item six:

“The most important characteristics of the hostilities of 2014 … [were those] that reflect new patterns, notably attacks by Israel on residential buildings resulting in the death of entire families; Israel’s ground operations, which leveled urban neighborhoods; and violations by Palestinian armed groups and authorities in Gaza, including their reliance on attack tunnels.”

The Commission flatly implied that Israel had deliberately set out to murder Gaza civilians and destroy as many civilian residential structures as possible; thereby swallowing terrorist propaganda hook, line and sinker if not in fact actually helping to write the script.

This, despite numerous, concrete satellite imagery and other photographic evidence to the contrary made public during the war by the IDF – all disregarded.

Here’s a snippet from page 12, items 50-52, from the executive summary of the report:

1. The extensive use by the Israel Defense Forces of explosive weapons with wide-area effects, and their probable indiscriminate effects in the built-up neighborhoods of Gaza, are highly likely to constitute a violation of the prohibition of indiscriminate attacks. Such use may, depending on the circumstances, qualify as a direct attack against civilians, and may therefore amount to a war crime. 2. In addition, the fact that the Israel Defense Forces did not modify the manner in which they conducted their operations after initial episodes of shelling resulted in a large number of civilian deaths indicates that their policies governing the use of artillery in densely populated areas may not be in conformity with international humanitarian law. 3. The commission examined several additional incidents, including attacks on shelters, hospitals and critical infrastructure, in which artillery was used. The use of weapons with wide-area effects against targets in the vicinity of specifically protected objects (such as medical facilities and shelters) is highly likely to constitute a violation of the prohibition of indiscriminate attacks. Depending on the circumstances, indiscriminate attacks may qualify as a direct attack against civilians, and may therefore amount to a war crime.

For the record, according to international law, residential buildings become legitimate military targets when used for military purposes.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/un-releases-the-schabes-report-israeli-self-defense-is-a-war-crime/2015/06/22/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: