web analytics
August 3, 2015 / 18 Av, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘PLO’

PLO Blows Up Netanyahu’s ‘Peace Process’ Renewal

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015

The Palestinian Authority and its superior PLO organization have totally dismissed Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s overture to sit down and discuss new borders that would leave several settlement blocs under Israel sovereignty.

Haaretz headlined on Tuesday a report that Prime Minister Netanyahu told European Union foreign policy adviser Federica Mogherini last week that he wants to advance the idea of “two states for two peoples.” His suggestion theoretically would be a step towards the expulsion of more than 100,000 Jews in other areas of Judea and Samaria that would be part of a new Arab country.

The Jewish Press.com reported here on Tuesday that Netanyahu simply was leading Mogherini along her rosy path while knowing full well that the Palestinian Authority is not interested in resuming negotiations.

Lo and behold, the Ma’an News Agency, based in Bethlehem, published Wednesday morning an amazing statement by Palestinian Authority negotiator Saed Erekat, who said:

If Mr. Netanyahu wants to have meaningful negotiations ending the occupation that began in 1967, he should recognize a Palestinian State on the 1967 border and honor Israel’s obligations including a halt of settlement construction and the release of the Palestinian prisoners.

There never has been a clearer admission of the Palestinian Authority’s understanding of the word “negotiation,” which it defines as “give us everything we want and then we will talk about, hmmmm, uh, about expelling Israel from FIFA, assuming it survives charges of wholesale bribery.”

PLO official Hanan Ashrawi also condemned Netanyahu’s proposal, which she called a “disingenuous and manipulative exercise of political and legal deception.”

Several knee-jerk nationalists went bonkers over Netanyahu’s suggestion to Mogherini, reflecting a paranoia that ignores political and diplomatic realities of which the Prime Minister is well ware.

Virtually all of the Israeli media establishment, and foreign media are sure to follow, attacked Netanyahu from all sides this week of “dividing and conquering” the Foreign Ministry. However, it is clear Netanyahu wants to retain control because he knows best how to exploit the Palestinian Authority’s total rejection of the Oslo Accords and negotiations, as defined by Webster’s.

PLO Rejects American Mediaton in ‘Peace Talks’

Thursday, May 14th, 2015

A senior official of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), the senior body of the Palestinian Authority, declared Thursday that there will be no return to talks with Israel without a declared date on “ending the occupation.”

Wassal abu Yousef said that the Palestinian Authority “will not be satisfied with American mediation” because the Obama administration is biased towards Israel.

He added that the formation of a new Israeli coalition government has caused the PLO to make a firm decision against agreeing to talks without Israel’s committing itself to accept its demands by a specific time.

“The Israeli government is more right-wing that the previous administration, and the its settlers’ policy is completely clear,” he told the Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper, as reported by Reshet Bet (Voice of Israel) radio.

The PLO decision puts another nail in the Obama administration’s”peace process” coffin, which has little room for any more nails.

 

Israeli Court: Facebook Posts Can Kill, Sends JM Fatah Leader to Jail

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015

By Michael Zeff

In a precedential ruling yesterday, Justice of the Peace Eitan Kornhauser sentenced Omar Shalabi, 44, a Jerusalem resident, to a nine-month prison term. Shalabi was found guilty before a civil court in Jerusalem on one count of incitement to terrorism and violence, and two counts of supporting a terrorist organization.

Shalabi was charged by the Jerusalem District Attorney (JDA) with using social media to laud the death of Jewish civilians at the hands of Arab and Palestinian terrorists and calling for more violent deeds.

“We are pleased that the court accepted the position of the State. Whereby those convicted of violent incitement through Facebook must face active prison sentences.” Said Attorney Oshrat Shoham, of the JDA prosecution team to Tazpit News Agency, adding “This decision is a precedent, clarifying that those abuse free speech via Facebook – whose exposure and influence is great – to call for violence and terrorism, belong behind bars.”

Shalabi posted his calls to violence and support of terrorists during last summer’s abduction of three Israeli teenagers, operation Protective Edge in Gaza and large-scale rioting and murders in Jerusalem.

“[Arab] Children of Jerusalem! Anger and carry on the path of desperation and discord which will rage and purify Jerusalem and Al Aqsa from the filth of Jewish bastards” Shalabi wrote on his Facebook page.

In his ruling, Kornhauser said that “we are not talking about a new type of crime, never before seen in court. But only a new means of carrying out the crime, utilizing technological advancement”

Shalabi, who headed a Fatah office in Jerusalem, reached over 5,000 followers on Facebook, according to the prosecution.

This is the first time in Israel that a person has been charged and sentenced over incitement and support of terrorism carried out over social media.

In a statement to the press, Shalabi’s attorney said “The punishment is exaggerated. Jews who incited violence were not even interrogated”.

Sara Haetzni-Cohen, chairperson of the My Israel Organization and social media activist related her satisfaction with the verdict to Tazpit News Agency.

She said “I congratulate the court for this important decision. In the recent past there have been events of physical harm against Jews following radical statements on social media. If stopped at an early stage it could have prevented the harm. Today’s precedent is important and can save lives in the future.”

PLO Won’t Fight in Yarmouk, as Left Call to Flood Israel with Refugees

Sunday, April 12th, 2015

Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl, the head of UNRWA, left to visit Syria on Saturday to discuss the situation in Yarmouk, a ‘Palestinian’ refugee camp in Damascus, Syria, established in 1957, and actually a suburb of Damascus, with real buildings, streets and infrastructure, and not a tent city as the name implies.

All the relief workers have fled the neighborhood since Islamic State invaded, and the situation in the neighborhood has been described as “beyond inhumane”.

Reading through the purposefully vague wording of the official UNRWA press release, it appears that Krähenbühl will not actually visit the Yarmouk neighborhood, though it tries to give off the impression that he would.

On April 1, Islamic State (Da’esh) attacked and overran Yarmouk, a suburb in southern Damascus, fighting the local Hamas-affiliated terror group, Bait al-Maqdis, that controlled the neighorhood.

There is another terror group in the Sinai also named Bait al-Maqdis, who are thought to have had connections with Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, but have since sworn allegiance to Islamic State.

Da’esh took over most of the southern Damascus neighborhood, and were reportedly assisted by members of Jabhat Al-Nusra who helped get them in.

Two years ago, Yarmouk had over 200,000 residents, but now they are down to less than 18,000. The neighborhood has been under siege by pro-Assad’s troops for the past two years. The PLO and other ‘Palestinian’ factions were among the first to flee in 2013.

Islamic State said they came in to liberate the residents from Assad’s siege.

On Friday, the Palestinian Authority/PLO has made it clear they have absolutely no intention of helping their compatriots militarily, contradicting an AP report quoting the PLO envoy to Damascus, Ahmad Majdalani, who said the PLO would join sides with the Syrian government to expel Da’esh from the Yarmouk neighborhood.

The PLO says it refuses “to be drawn into any armed campaign.” The Palestinian Authority has been undecided as to which side it should support in the Syrian civil war.

According to Al Jazeera,

Wasel Abu Yousef, a senior PLO official based in the West Bank town of Ramallah, said Friday that negotiating safe passage for Yarmouk’s besieged residents and for humanitarian supplies is preferable to military action.

Of course, since Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey are refusing to allow most ‘Palestinian’ refugees to enter their countries, it’s not clear where the safe passage would actually take them, except outside the latest immediate battle zone.

Left-wing groups in Israel have launched a new campaign to flood Israel with tens (hundreds?) of thousands of Yarmouk “Palestinian refugees” for “humanitarian” reasons, since their fellow Arabs and Muslims refuse to help them and grant them refuge.

Left-wing ideologues are trying to use the Yarmouk crisis to radically change the demographics of Judea and Samaria, while saying that Israel should ignore the political consequences of such an action.

In the Jerusalem Post, Gershon Baskin writes, “This is not the time to score political points… Israel should announce immediately its willingness to have those 18,000 remaining residents of Yarmouk come to the West Bank.”

A Haaretz Editorial wrote, “Israel could offer Abbas the possibility of absorbing some of the refugees into the Palestinian Authority… Political considerations and disputes with the PA should be set aside at this time.”

Islamic State’s control of Yarmouk gives Da’esh a strong foothold in Damascus, which they haven’t had before.

For the Israeli far-Left, their “solution” to this crisis aligns perfectly with their ongoing political agenda to get rid of Israeli control over historic Judea and Samaria – some might say, almost cynically so.

PLO Votes for Suicide by Voting to Cut Security Ties with Israel

Friday, March 6th, 2015

The PLO’s central council recommended that the Palestinian Authority end security cooperation with Israel, but it won’t happen unless PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas gives an official order.

The resolution raises to a higher level the oft-repeated threat by Abbas to cut off the Palestinian Authority’s head to spite the rest of its body, which exists courtesy of the Israeli security services that help keep Palestinian Authority terrorists from assassinating Abbas.

The PLO council’s decision followed Israel’s withholding of tax funds in response to the PA’s decision to breach what was left of the Oslo Accords after its unilateral steps to apply for membership in the International Criminal Court.

Without the funding, the PA will probably collapse. Without the security cooperation the PA will possibly collapse.

Israel is not taking any chances.

Earlier this week, the IDF carried out its largest training exercise in Judea and Samaria in years, preparing for various contingencies emanating from a collapsed PA or an escalation of terrorism from the PA.

If the PA does collapse, Israel has various options it can implement, such as reinstating the Civil Administration or giving governance of the Arab population over to the local sheikhs, tribal leaders and families, most of whom would be happy to take back control from the PA.

If it does not collapse, the same results might follow because the Ramallah regime increasingly exists on paper, not in reality.

The European Union is running out of money to prop up what has been one of the worse investments since the Edsel, and a New York federal court last week helped tighten the noose on the Palestinian Authority by ruling in favor of relatives of terror victims and ordered the PA to pay damages, which may run up to more than half a billion dollars.

The bottom line is that the EU funds the PA, and Israel turn over tax revenues collected for Ramallah, in order that Abbas can pay salaries to terrorists in Israel jails. Now he has to pay the victims of some of the terrorists whom he pays.

The Palestinian Authority last week also took another suicidal move by publicly destroying some Israeli-made products, such as milk, so that its residents can suffer like their brethren in Gaza and then blame Israel for their misery.

The constant threat to break off security ties is another blank bullet in the revolver the Palestinian Authority holds to its own head.

It has decided not to put a real bullet in the gun.

The Bethlehem-based Ma’an News Agency reported Friday, “PLO officials Nasser al-Deen Shaer and Sameer Abu Aisha, who attended the session, told Ma’an that the decision to halt security coordination will be executed at the appropriate time following discussions with the executive committee.”

Abbas Underscores PLO’s ‘3 NO’s’ in Ramallah Rant

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015

Palestinian Authority and PLO Chairman Mahmoud Abbas is making sure the world gets it straight once and for all:

1. The Palestinians won’t accept a Jewish state
2. They won’t accept the “Islamization of the struggle in the Middle East”
3. They oppose a temporary [Palestinian] state.

Speaking on Wednesday (March 4) before the PLO Central Council in the PA capital, Ramallah, Abbas claimed, “We are moderate Muslims. We are also against the Jewish State because of the many things it would mean in the future.”

Abbas was coy over whether or not the PA would actually disengage itself from cooperating with the Jewish State over security, however. He also dodged questions about the entity’s future joint economic projects with Israel.

He called on the Central Council to “reconsider” the functions of the PA as it is currently structured and claiming a need for a “sovereign authority.”

Of course, the PA has for several years insisted that it already IS an independent “sovereign authority,” calling itself the sovereign State of Palestine. It has been accepted as such by a number of governments in the international community.

The PA leader continued to call on Israel to withdraw from all territories conquered in the 1967 Six Day war, including the parts of Jerusalem wrested from Jordanian occupation and restored to the ancient Jewish capital.

He also continued to precondition the PA’s return to the negotiating table on Israel’s release of Palestinian terrorist prisoners and cessation of any and all construction (including, for example, repairs on a driveway or a balcony to a private home) in any Jewish community in post-1967 areas. In addition, Abbas accused Israel of violating all agreements it has signed with the Palestinians.

In short, Abbas made wild accusations, continued to make ridiculous and unrealistic demands and lay the blame for his own failures at Israel’s doorstep – as usual.

“If Israel recognizes our rights, it would live in peace,” Abbas ranted. “The world must push Israel to wake up. Israel is the one that is hijacking peace and pushing towards tension in the world by continuing its occupation of Palestinian, Syrian and Lebanese lands.”

So having lost his credibility among his own people as well among some of the international community, Abbas has added a new element to his claims about “The Occupation” — now Israel is occupying “Syrian and Lebanese lands.”

What’s next?

PA, PLO to Appeal US Court Ruling — ‘No Money to Pay’ Damages to Terror Victims

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015

The Palestinian Authority says it will appeal a ruling by the U.S. Federal District Court in New York awarding $655.5 million to 10 American families who were victims of terror.

The Court held the PA and PLO civilly and financially responsible for six bombing attacks carried out by Palestinians in Israel between 2002 and 2004. All 10 families were direct victims or related to those who were killed in the attacks.

Responding to the verdict, PLO Executive Committee member Hanan Ashrawi immediately said the entities would “appeal the ruling.”

According to a translation of the remarks by the Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), Ashrawi said, “We will appeal the ruling, and we wholeheartedly believe that we will win the appeal.” She said the PLO and the PA “had absolutely nothing to do with these actions” and said “We were denied [the status] known as ‘sovereign immunity] to which we are entitled as a sovereign state.” Moreover, she said, “The PA and the PLO lack the funds necessary to pay.”

Lack of funds – given the billions of dollars with which the Palestinian Authority has been blessed by the European Union, the United States, the various Arab nations and even the State of Israel – is a disingenuous claim.

It is particularly silly in light of the millions spent in faithful, generous monthly salaries provided to murderous terrorists incarcerated in Israeli jails. Payments to PA terrorists in Israeli jails are scaled in accordance with the length of their sentences and the amount of damage they wreaked upon their victims.

“The recent ruling of the American court… sets a dangerous precedent that contradicts international law,” claimed Issa Karake, a member of the PA parliament and director of the PA Prisoners’ Affairs Commission. “[It is] forbidden to deal with or appear before these courts, since their objective is to harm the PLO’s standing.” The remark is worthy of one that might have been stated by Iran or Syria.

More reasonable – and more accurate — was a statement by economic expert Dr. Nasser Abd Al-Karim, who warned bluntly, “If the ruling goes into effect after the appeal, it will be final, and it will be obligatory to pay.

“Even if the PA does not pay, it will represent a liability for it and it may encounter difficulties in performing financial transactions and transfers, or in opening bank accounts in the international banking system.”

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/pa-plo-to-appeal-us-court-ruling-no-money-to-pay-damages-to-terror-victims/2015/03/04/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: