web analytics
September 25, 2016 / 22 Elul, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘soldier’

Terrorist Killed in Bani Na’im Attack, Soldier Not Injured

Tuesday, September 20th, 2016

Initial reports indicate that an Arab terrorist attempted to stab soldiers near the village of Bani Naim in the Har Hebron region, where an IDF operation is ongoing.

The IDF sasy the attack happened at the entrance to Bani Na’im. The village is located near the town of Kiryat Arba.

The terrorist was killed.

Update: No soldiers were injured.

Bani Na’im was sealed off the other day by the IDF after this new wave of terror attacks began.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Soldier Wounded, Terrorist Killed in Hebron Late Friday Afternoon Stabbing

Friday, September 16th, 2016

A IDF force killed an Arab terrorist who stabbed an IDF soldier, wounding him lightly in his face. The attack took place an hour before candle lighting time, at the Gilbert Junction below Tel Rumeida in Hebron.

This was the third terrorist attack this Friday, Sept. 16, after a long period of relative quiet.

An EMT unit gave the soldier first aid.

David Israel

Egyptian Soldier Shot Dead by Sniper in Rafah

Monday, September 5th, 2016

An Egyptian soldier was killed Sunday afternoon by snipers in an ambush attack near a military base at the entrance to the Egyptian part of the city of Rafah.

When Israel withdrew from the Sinai in 1982, Rafah was split into a Gazan part and an Egyptian part, separated by barbed-wire barriers. The middle of the city was razed to create a large buffer zone.

Egyptian security sources said Sunday the attack killed a soldier named Mustafa Badr Hashim, 19, years of Assiut, from a gunshot wound. His body was flown to the military hospital in El-Arish.

Meanwhile, according to the Hamas government, the Egyptians have kept the Rafah border crossings open all day Sunday and will keep it open Monday, to allow passage from the Gaza Strip into Egypt and on to Saudi Arabia for the Muslim pilgrimage. So far a reported 1,243 have been allowed through, while 51 were rejected. Thousands more are expected to request passage should the Egyptian government decide to keep the crossing open.

David Israel

Soldier Lightly Wounded by Arab Gunfire While Guarding Joseph’s Tomb Worshippers

Thursday, September 1st, 2016

An IDF soldier sustained mild to moderate injuries while guarding 16 buses that transported Jewish worshipers to Jseph’s Tomb in Shechem overnight Thursday. IDF, Civil Administration, Israel Police and Border Guard troops secured the worshipers’ movement in and out of the site. The worshipers were pelted with stones and firebombs and Israeli forces responded using means for dispersing demonstrations.

The injured soldier was evacuated for treatment at Beilinson hospital in Petah Tikva an is in stable condition. A preliminary investigation revealed that the soldier was shot in the vicinity of the entrance to the Balata refugee camp, near the tomb.

Meanwhile, IDF forces overnight arrested six Hamas suspects in Judea and Samaria.

David Israel

Soldier Who Shot Dead PA Arab on Friday Suspected of Negligent Homicide

Monday, August 29th, 2016

A soldier of the Netzach Yehuda Battalion who last Friday shot dead an Arab youth at the IDF post in Silwad near Ofra, is suspected of negligent homicide and was interrogated on Sunday by Military Police. His interrogation is expected to continue over the next few days, but he is not being detained.

The soldier told the MPs that he felt that his life was in danger after seeing the unarmed Arab running suspiciously at the IDF force in the pillbox post and not responding to calls to halt.

Arab media on Sunday cited Arab medical officials who claimed that Iyad Zakariya Hamed, 38, was shot in the back. The officials also reportedly said Hamed was mentally disabled and was receiving psychiatric treatment.

The IDF so far maintains that the Arab man was running in the direction of the military post when the soldier opened fire. According to Army Radio, the man did not obey the soldiers’ repeated orders to halt, nor their warning shots, and was finally shot while in mid-running toward the post.

Capt Lior Ayyash who represents the soldier for the Military Defense, issued a statement Monday morning saying “the soldier carried out his duties in keeping with military orders, in light of the suspicious behavior of the Palestinian and the risk it posed. The soldier, an experienced and valued warrior, is returning to full service with his unit.”

David Israel

Tourists Assaulted by Israeli Arabs, Police Detain, Confiscate Weapon of Soldier who Defended Them

Wednesday, August 24th, 2016

A group of Jewish tourists, including children, visiting the coastal Old City of Acre last Monday afternoon, was assaulted by local Arabs who tried to push them off the very high ancient wall of the city on which they were strolling. In response to the assault one of the tourists in the group, an IDF soldier, was forced to draw his personal weapon to defend the group.

After the incident, the soldier was detained by police for investigation and his army issue personal weapon was confiscated. He is being represented by legal aid society Honenu Attorney Adi Kedar.

“We were strolling along the walls of the Old City, about 20 people, including many children, when suddenly, for no reason, an Arab youth approached us and threatened to push us off of the wall, an enormous height of 12 meters (36 ft),” the soldier reported. “After a few minutes, several more young men and teens joined the first youth. One of them started to push members of the group off the wall, seriously threatening their lives. I and other members of the group, in order not to fall from the high side to the sea and the boulders below, were forced to jump from the wall to the ground [on the safe side].”

The soldier said he was forced to draw his personal weapon in order to deter the assailants and to protect the group.

The tourist group filed a complaint at the police station against the Arab assailants.

Attorney Kedar said in a statement: “This is a scandal. A group of tourists was assaulted, a soldier was forced to protect his life and the lives of those around him, and found himself under investigation. It is unfortunate that once again the police took a stand at an early stage and detained suspects before clarifying the details of the incident. I am certain that my client will be released shortly. I hope that whomever started the disturbance and made the threats will be detained and brought to justice.”

Update: on Wednesday afternoon, Acre police returned the confiscated weapon to the soldier. Attorney Kedar praised police for their move, but called on them to arrest the Arabs who assaulted the tourists.

David Israel

Syrian Refugee Suicide Bomber a ‘Soldier of ISIS’ in Germany

Tuesday, July 26th, 2016

The Islamic State terrorist organization has claimed responsibility for the terror attack Sunday in the southern German city of Ansbach, calling the suicide bomber a “soldier of ISIS.”

A Syrian asylum seeker blew himself up outside a music festival on Sunday after he failed to gain entry to the event.

The quick action by guards who blocked the entry of the attacker contained the damage; 15 people were wounded but the bomber was the only casualty.

Initially there was uncertainty about the motives behind the explosion, with police telling media that the Syrian refugee “may have been suicidal” due to his personal circumstances. Security personnel said he had acted on his own.

But as the investigation clarified the amount of explosive material that detonated in the blast, combined with the fact that the operative made an effort to enter a festival filled with thousands of participants, the intent of the Syrian “refugee” became obvious.

In addition, The attacker who left a bomb outside a bar in Ansbach, Germany, had enough materials to make another explosive device, according to police. The man also pledged allegiance to Islamic State in a video found on his phone.

The attacker left a bomb outside a bar in Ansbach and had enough materials to make another explosive device, according to police. The man also pledged allegiance to Islamic State in a video found on his phone, according to a statement by Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Hermann, quoted by AP.

“A provisional translation by an interpreter shows that he expressly announces, in the name of Allah, and testifying his allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, a famous Islamist leader, an act of revenge against the Germans because they’re getting in the way of Islam,” Hermann said at a news conference. “I think that after this video there’s no doubt that the attack was a terrorist attack with an Islamist background,” he added.

The Da’esh (ISIS) terrorist organization meanwhile claimed responsibility for being the inspiration behind the actions of the “lone wolf” attacker. But the group said the suicide bomber had acted in response to its calls to target nations who participate in the coalition fighting against ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

The group had also taken responsibility for inspiring an attack in Germany last week by a 17-year-old who boarded a train and started swinging an ax and a knife.

Earlier in the day on Monday German sources said they had found ISIS propaganda on the bomber’s electronic devices. Police also found bomb-making equipment at his home.

The asylum seeker-turned-bomber had been given a place to live, even though he was not going to be allowed to stay in country permanently.

Hana Levi Julian

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/syrian-refugee-suicide-bomber-a-soldier-of-isis-in-germany/2016/07/26/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: