web analytics
May 29, 2016 / 21 Iyar, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Terrorist’

Defense Ministry ‘Accidentally’ Returns Terrorist’s Body Despite Netanyahu’s Orders

Saturday, April 16th, 2016

The body of axe-wielding Arab terrorist Ibrahim Baradiyeh has somehow been returned to his family, despite a direct order from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu prohibiting the return of any more terrorist bodies to their families.

Baradiyeh attacked an IDF soldier in Judea Thursday afternoon in the Arab village of El Aroub, located along Highway 60 between the Gush Etzion junction and Kiryat Arba.

The terrorist was hiding in the bushes and ambushed the soldier as he passed by, swinging the axe at his head. The soldier was protected by his helmet and sustained minor injuries. The terrorist was shot and killed by a second soldier.

Sources in the Palestinian Authority told the Hebrew-language Ynet site that the body was returned by Israel on Friday. A few hours later, the IDF Spokesperson said in a statement that “due to a misunderstanding” the terrorist’s body had been returned. “The return of terrorists’ bodies is carried out in accordance with the decisions of the political echelon,” he said.

Baradiyeh was a member of the Hamas terrorist organization who served time in an Israeli prison.

Netanyahu ordered Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon last month not to allow the return of any more terrorists’ bodies to their families or to the Palestinian Authority. The order was confirmed March 29 by sources in the Prime Minister’s Office.

Ya’alon, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eizenkot and Maj.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai, Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) have strongly disagreed with this position of holding terrorists’ bodies, which is one that supported by Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan.

Hana Levi Julian

Military Prosecutor to Charge with Manslaughter Hebron Medic Who Killed Neutralized Terrorist

Thursday, April 14th, 2016

The military prosecutor in the case against the IDF medic Sergeant A, who on March 24 shot and killed a neutralized terrorist on the ground in Hebron, on Thursday told an IDF court in Jaffa that he plans to indict the accused on manslaughter charges. An earlier statement, made by investigators after the event, suggested they planned to charge the shooter with murder, but the unprecedented public outcry that followed resulted, possibly, with a reduced charge. The majority of Israelis in several recent polls believe there should be no prosecution at all in the case.

Military prosecutor Lt. Col. Adoram Rigler asked the court to extend the on camp arrest of the accused until Monday, when the indictment will supposedly be ready. Apparently there are a few technical details to be hammered out. The prosecution referred to the pathology report on the autopsy that had been conducted on the terrorist’s body, saying it determined that it was the shot made by the accused which killed the terrorist. The autopsy report will hopefully clear up just how many times the terrorist had been shot before the soldier put him out of his misery, and what would have been his chances of survival without the final shot. Rumor has the number of bullets he absorbed in his upper body at seven, before the last one hit him.

The prosecutor also told the court that the B’Tselem video, shot by Imad Abu Shmasia, was examined by a forensics lab and determined to be authentic and unedited.

The soldier’s attorneys objected to the demand for a remand of the clients saying he did not pose a flight risk and there was no justification for his continued on-base arrest, since the investigation—as stated by the prosecution—is all but complete.

As usual, there was a loud group of demonstrators outside the court building, demanding the soldier’s release without a trial, waving signs that read: “He was abandoned in the field.”

Much of the prosecution’s case hinges on the state of mind of the accused during the shooting, namely how much he knew about the neutralizing of the terrorist and the verification that followed his neutralizing. Since he arrived some ten minuets after the incident, the fact that the verification process had been proper may not matter if the defense can establish that the accused was not aware of it, and estimated the terrorist to still be dangerous.

The case will also revolve over the application of the rules of engagement in cases where a suicide bomb is suspected. The prosecution will bring witnesses who will tell the court there hadn’t been any suicide bombers in the entire six months of a terror wave leading up to the shooting. But that may not matter in establishing the state of mind of the accused or the validity of the rules of engagement that include an expectation of a suicide bomb.

JNi.Media

Female Terrorist Attack Foiled in Rosh Ha’Ayin

Sunday, April 3rd, 2016

A female Arab terrorist stabbed an Israeli before she was put out of action by a nearby security guard who overpowered her, knocking the knife out of her hand.

The attacker was not shot. She was restrained by the security guard until police arrived. When her bag was searched authorities discovered a second knife as well.

The victim was a woman in her 30s who suffered a minor hand wound. She remained conscious and was treated at the scene by medics from the Magen David Adom emergency response team.

Police the stabber is in custody and being questioned to more fully understand her motives.

Hana Levi Julian

Family of Hebron Soldier Visits Him on Base

Saturday, April 2nd, 2016

On Friday, the soldier who shot and killed the terrorist in Hebron was released from jail to the Nachshonim army base, where he awaits the results of the ongoing investigation into his actions.

The soldier’s family visited him on the base and stayed for 4 hours, showing him their support and love.

Jewish Press News Briefs

PA President Demands Justice for His Terrorist

Monday, March 28th, 2016

PA President Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) has demanded justice for the Hebron terrorist who was killed by an IDF soldier last week. The terrorist was shot and wounded after he and his partner stabbed an IDF soldier. A few minutes later, another soldier shot and killed the wounded terrorist.

At a press conference on Monday evening, Abbas said that a red line was crossed – referring to the killing of the wounded terrorist.

Abbas demanded there be a court case to ascertain the truth and the soldier gets what’s coming to him – and he didn’t mean a medal.

יו"ר הרשות הפלסטינית, אבו מאזן, ענה במסיבת עיתונאים לשאלת כתב חדשות 10 והגיב לסערת הירי בחברון >> http://bit.ly/1RBtoXMPosted by ‎חדשות 10‎ on Monday, March 28, 2016

Jewish Press News Briefs

IDF Soldier Jailed for Killing Terrorist [video]

Thursday, March 24th, 2016

An IDF soldier from the Kfir Brigade was jailed today after he killed one of the two terrorists in Hebron that wounded an IDF soldier on Thursday morning.

The wounded terrorist, wearing a jacket, despite the warm weather, was lying on the ground, as soldiers and medics were busy dealing with the wounded soldier and terror scene.

As the ambulance began to leave, one soldier then shoots and kills the terrorist.

The soldier was thrown in jail, and his actions were criticized by Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ya’alon and others in the Knesset – saying the soldiers actions didn’t represent the ethos of the IDF.

Only MK’s Oren Hazan (Likud), Betzalel Smotrich (Bayit Yehudi) and Avigdor Liberman (Yisrael Beytenu) defended the IDF soldier.

Peace Now’s Yariv Oppenheimer went as far as to criticize the MDA medical personnel who did not endanger their lives to physically examine and treat the terrorist.

Family members of the soldier said he feared the terrorist was wearing a suicide belt under his jacket.

There is an ongoing debate in Israel as to whether or not terrorists should be killed at the scene of their terror attack, or if wounded, be allowed to live, to eventually be released from jail.

What do you think?

Jewish Press News Briefs

Beit Fajjar Locked Down Following Ariel Terror Attack

Friday, March 18th, 2016

The Arab settlement of Beit Fajjar (Beit Fajr) in Gush Etzion was locked down by the IDF, allowing no entry or exit except for emergencies, according to Haaretz, following the terror attack on Thursday in Ariel.

The two terrorists who stabbed the female soldier as she stepped off the bus were residents of Beit Fajjar. The woman was stabbed 6 or 7 times in the neck and upper body before being shot by nearby IDF soldiers.

The residents of Beit Fajjar has an extensive history of terror attacks, in particular, repeatedly attacking the Jewish community of nearby Kibbutz Migdal Oz as well as a number of the attacks at the Gush Etzion junction, including the murder of Hadar Buchris in November 2015 and a stabbing attack in December 2015.

Beit Fajjar’s terrorists are mostly associated with Tanzin/Fatah – the military wing of the PA/PLO.

Presumably, the two traveled out to Ariel to commit their terror attack, after deciding that Gush Etzion is too well guarded, as most terrorists in the Gush end up dead before, during or after their attacks.

Apparently in Ariel too.

Shalom Bear

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/beit-fajjar-locked-down-following-ariel-terror-attack/2016/03/18/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: