web analytics
September 5, 2015 / 21 Elul, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘UK’

‘Jihadi John’ Vows to Return to Britain and ‘Cut off Heads’

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015

The Islamic State’s (ISIS) infamous beheader Mohammed “Jihadi John” Emwazi said on a video that he will return to his native Britain to “carry on cutting heads off,” the London Daily Mail reported Sunday.

The newspaper said it obtained the video, which reportedly fell in the hands of the Free Syrian Army and may have been filmed approximately two months ago in Syria, the first time he has been photographed unmasked. . The video shows a man claiming to be Jihadi John, dressed in black and wearing a cap under his hood. He announced in the video, with a clear British accent:

I will carry on cutting heads.

A Free Syrian Army activist told the Mail:

He looks at the camera and says, ‘I am Mohammed Emwazi. I will soon go back to Britain with the Khalifa’ [the leader of Islamic State].

He said something more about cutting heads off, ‘We will kill the kuffar.’ Then the camera shows two masked men that looked like bodyguards.

Jihdi John said that when he returns to Britain to chop off heads, he will spare “believers.”

Jihadi John is one of the world’s most wanted men with a $96 million bounty placed on his head by the United States for the bheading of Americans, the first of whom was James Foley last year.

Anti-Semitism Rising, Memorial Desecrated in London

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015

Anti-Semitic vandalism is rising in Britain, most recently — this summer — in London.

The Jewish-funded Edward VII Drinking Fountain memorial in East London was desecrated last week with slabs of red meat and chicken.

Designed by sculptor William Silver Frith, the fountain was a tribute to the eldest son of Queen Victoria and was paid for by local Jewish residents in 1911.

Earlier in the month, a Nazi swastika was scrawled on a fence outside the Beis Chinuch Lebonos Girls’ School in the Hackney section of London.

The words “Yid Sh*t were carefully, neatly printed with the swastika.

It was the second time in a month the school had been targeted with anti-Semitic vandalism.

In Europe, the Yiddish word “Yid” has now become a racial slur, according to the European Jewish Press.

This month petition was created August 7 on the official website of the British Parliament, demanding the arrest of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for “war crimes” against Palestinians during Israel’s counter terror operation last year against Hamas in Gaza.

The petition garnered more than 70,000 signatures so far this month. At the 100,000 mark the parliament allegedly is required to debate the matter.

However, the British government has stifled the issue, having responded last week to the initiative with a statement pointing out that under UK and international law, Netanyahu is “immune from criminal jurisdiction.”

Liverpool Jews Brace for Neo-Nazi ‘White Man March’ Set for Sabbath

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015

Jews in Liverpool are bracing themselves to face a nasty round of ugly neo-Nazi hate with the ‘White Man March’ held on the Sabbath, courtesy of British law.

In fact, neo-Nazis all over the Twitterverse are salivating over the upcoming event. As the organizers themselves explained in a tweet:

White Man March UK @WhiteManMarchUK – Jun 6
We do not stand to oppose the colour of a man’s skin, we stand to oppose a sick Jewish ideological system @SmashCM79

Previous similar marches have been held as a platform for neo-Nazis to commit hate crimes in Britain, the Meyerside Jewish Representative Council noted in a petition to Chief Constable Sir Jon Murphy QPM of Meyerside Police.

The first ‘White Man March’ was held on March 21 of this year in Newcastle where neo-Nazis were “completely unopposed,” organizers bragged in a tweet. Footage of that event is self-explanatory.

Activists on the Twitter social networking site have been tweeting for nearly a month about the upcoming event.

“This march is a disgrace to the culture heritage of Liverpool and is a vehicle from which unnecessary violence could derive.” wrote one person today (Wednesday, August 12.)

“This is a march to incite racism. This kid has sent serious threats to our mayor and our city. Why hasn’t he been arrested?” asked another in a tweet, also posted today.

Hitler salute at White Man March in Newcastle, England on 21 March 2015

“I am a Christian minister and a supporter of Liverpool’s Jewish community,” tweeted a third.

But these voices of reason are being drowned out by the vicious anti-Semitism and racist garbage being fired across the Internet by neo-Nazi organizers and White Supremacists.

White Man March anti-Semitic tweets

The Meyerside Jewish Representative Council asked the Chief Constable to exercise his powers under Section 14 of the Public Order Act 1986 to restrict the planned march.

Instead, the community activist group is asking Murphy to force the neo-Nazis to hold their demonstration at a location away from major thoroughfares and residential areas, for a short time and restricted to a small number of participants.

In addition, the Jewish group has called on Meyerside Police and the Liverpool City Council to apply for an injunction against the neo-Nazi event under Part 1 of the Anti-Social Behavior, Crime and Policing Act 2014.

They are hoping to ban the organizers and speakers for the planned march from making or causing to be made or distributing any statement or image likely to cause harassment, alarm and distress; and holding any kind of public assembly within two hundred meters of a synagogue, Jewish cemetery, or Jewish community or cultural center.

White Man March in Newcastle, England - March 21 2015

The march, organized by Wayne Jarvis of Castleford, is backed by the far-right National Action (NA. Also supporting the march are other racist) and anti-Semitic groups, including the North West Infidels (NWI), the Misanthropic Division and the National Front.

An equally active “Stop the Nazi ‘White Man’ March” movement is organized on Facebook and is urging members to retweet and share posts until gathering at 11am at William Brown Street in Liverpool, an hour before the scheduled start of the neo-Nazi march.

Queen’s Nazi Salute Rattles Edward’s Skeleton in Buckingham Closet [video]

Monday, July 20th, 2015

It may not be often that tabloids come across historical photos and films, but it seems that The Sun has done just that with its release of a chilling, 17 second film of England’s Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret and Edward VIII, giving the camera the Nazi salute.

The Sun insists its aim was not to insult a sitting monarch, since the girl who would become Elizabeth II is only six or seven years old in the footage, and is merely imitating what Edward, then the Prince of Wales, was teaching her to do, but it raises the specter of the Windsor family’s haunted past, particularly Edward’s Nazi sympathies.

The grainy film was shot in 1933 or 1934, when Hitler had risen to power, and had been stored in an archive for decades. Buckingham Palace reacted with a dismayed public statement over the release of the clip, which they consider exploitative. They also raised questions as to how the film clip got into the hands of The Sun, since it was in the archives and was the property of the royals.

Stig Abell, managing editor of The Sun, defended his decision to print the film, telling the BBC, “I think the justification is relatively evident–it’s a matter of national, historical significance to explore what is going on in the 30s ahead of the Second World War. We’re very clear we’re not, of course, suggesting anything improper on the part of the Queen.”

The film the Sun used was a copy, according to the Sun, and the original remains locked in the palace archives.

King George VI and his wife, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later to be known as The Queen Mother), raised the morale of Britons during the Nazi air raids on London, and so it is unlikely viewers would come away with the suspicion that the future queen harbored Nazi sympathies. Hitler’s rise to power was meteoric, and the characteristic hand salute might have been seen as something “trendy,” without the suspicion of the destruction and genocide the Nazis would perpetrate. Also apparent in the film is that the motivation for the salute is coming from the Prince of Wales, who would become King Edward VIII for less than a year, in 1936.

Prince Edward is seen with his sister-in-law the Queen Mother and her children playing with corgies on the grounds of Blamoral. Prince Edward lifts his arm in a Nazi salute, then the Queen Mother follows, and finally, Elizabeth. The others repeat the gesture, with 3 year old Margaret briefly lifting her arm in a semi-salute.

Dr. Karina Urbach, Senior Research Fellow at the University of London Institute of Historical Research, said that, given Prince Edward’s well-documented Nazi sympathies, it appears in the film he is quite intentionally teaching the children the Nazi salute.

Juliet Gardner, another Research Fellow at the Institute of Historical Research said, “It’s an insight into British attitudes at that time in 1933, long before anyone realized Hitler’s designs on Europe. It is absolutely right that the public sees it.”

The Star also rattled the Nazi skeleton in Windsor family closet a decade ago, when it published a photo of a 20-year old Prince Harry, third in line for the British throne, wearing a desert Nazi uniform and a swastika armband, at a friend’s birthday party. The theme of the party was colonialism, and Harry’s brother William made the much more diplomatic choice of dressing up like a lion.

Jewish groups were incensed, particularly given the proximity of the event to the 60th commemoration ceremony of the liberation of Auschwitz.

A spokesman for the Board of Deputies of British Jews said at the time, “It’s no joke to dress up as a Nazi, especially as we come up to the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. It is important that everyone remembers the evil the Nazis were responsible for.”

Jewish and veterans’ groups accepted Harry’s apology–he expressed regret for causing offense and said “it was a poor choice of costume,” but then Tory leader Michael Howard said Prince Harry should have offered the apology in person.

Edward VIII’s Nazi sympathies were hardly a secret, although this new clip is the first photograph of him giving a Nazi salute; it was known he saluted Hitler when the two met, in 1937.

Edward was the son of King George V and Queen Mary, and his father despaired of his son’s dissolute and irresponsible ways. Prince Edward was known for being a womanizer, and his disinclination to conform to the royal rules was the reason he abdicated in 1936, after which he became the Duke of Windsor. During his short reign, he caused a constitutional crisis by marrying the twice divorced American Wallis Simpson. The marriage conflicted with his role as titular head of the Church of England, because, at the time, the church forbade remarriage of a divorced person whose ex spouse was still alive.

Less than a year after his abdication, the Duke of Windsor and the Duchess met with Adolph Hitler. It was believed that the Duke was favoring fascism over Communism and might even seek an alliance with a Germany to pursue Russia. It is believed that Hitler wanted to reinstate the Duke of Windsor as king and Albert Speer quoted Hitler as saying the abdication made things harder for the Nazis: “I am certain through him, permanent, friendly relations could have been achieved. If he had stayed, everything would have been different. His abdication was a severe loss for us.”

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor traveled throughout Europe until 1940, when Prime Minister Winston Churchill was notified that the Duke was possibly involved in Nazi intelligence and might have been giving away military secrets.

Churchill threatened the Duke with a court martial if he failed to return to Britain, and later made him governor of the Bahamas. Serving in that capacity, Edward despaired of having to deal with “negros” who “seem unable to rise to prominence without losing their equilibrium.”

He blamed labor unrest on “mischief makers–communists–men of Central European Jewish descent who had secured jobs on a pretext of obtaining deferment of draft.”

Even as late as 1941, Edward said, “Hitler is the right and logical leader of the German People,” although he later claimed he had been misquoted.

According to the Daily Mail, Edward did say that “Hitler was not such a bad chap.”

Pro-Israelis Outnumber London Neo-Nazis 20-1

Sunday, July 5th, 2015

 

Hundreds of Jews and other anti-Nazi demonstrators grossly outnumbered a total of 21 neo-Nazis who paraded in a rally aimed against “Jewification” of London.

Even the number of police surrounding the neo-Nazis outnumbered the hate group, which was met with signs such as “Nazi scum – off our streets.”

The neo-Nazi rally originally was scheduled for the heavily Jewish-populated Golders Green neighborhood, but London officials changed the venue to the Whitehall area because of the fear of a confrontation.

Approximately 200 police officers were present to separate the lower-than-expected numbers of neo-Nazis from the pro-Israel and-anti-Nazi groups.

Among those protesting the neo-Nazi rally were the Green Party and the Socialist Worker Party as well as the left-wing “Jewdas.”

The London Jewish Chronicle reported that a Jewdas spokesman said:

We should oppose Nazis wherever they happen to be, to make a loud noise to show that we’re opposing them in central London too – it’s not just Golders Green.

There are Jews here too. By being here at least passers-by aren’t walking by and just seeing another rally, they’re seeing people opposing them.

“These people don’t just have crazy ideas, they have racist ideas. They hurt people, they beat up people. We stand against them.

‘Britain’s Schindler’ Dies at the Age of 106

Thursday, July 2nd, 2015

Nicholas Winton, known as “Britain’s Schindler” for his rescuing 669 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died in England on Wednesday at the age of 106.

He remained silent about his heroism in helping the children escape from Czechoslovakia until his wife found a scrapbook in the attic of their home in 1988. It included a record of names and pictures of the children whom he helped rescue and prompted an exposure of his heroism.

Winton discovered the situation of Jews in Czechoslovakia when he visited there at the behest of a friend in 1938. A stockbroker by trade, Winton bribed German officials and forged document to rescue children, despite the Gestapo’s being on his trail.

He returned to Britain a year later and continued to help rescue efforts by raising money and finding foster homes for more children whom two friends were still working to rescue from within Czechoslovakia. Queen Elizabeth granted Winton knighthood for his work.

The New York Times reported that among “Winton’s children” are film director Karel Reisz, who made “The French Lieutenant’s Woman” and “Saturday Night and Sunday Morning” (1960); Lord Alfred Dubs, who became a member of Parliament; Joe Schlesinger, a Canadian broadcast correspondent; Hugo Marom, a founder of the Israeli Air Force; author Vera Gissing; and Renata Laxová, a geneticist who discovered the Neu-Laxová Syndrome, a congenital abnormality.
Winton’s wife died in 1999, and he is survived by two children and grandchildren.

Nicholas Winton was born on 19 May 1909 in Hampstead, London, a son of Barbara (née Wertheimer) and Rudolph Wertheim. His parents were German Jews who had moved to London two years earlier.The family name was Wertheim, but they changed it to Winton in an effort at integration. They also converted to Christianity, and Winton was baptized.

US Officials Warn of ISIS Attacks on July 4

Saturday, June 27th, 2015

American police forces from coast to coast are on alert from federal officials that the Islamic State (ISIS) is planning to terrorize the country during the July 4 Independence Day holiday.

Homeland Security, the FBI and the National Counterterrorism Center sent an intelligence bulletin to law enforcement agencies.

No specific plots were spelled out, according to CNN, but there was a general warning because of the holiday and the upcoming visit of Pope Francis.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said on Friday, following multiple ISIS-linked attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia:

Particularly with the upcoming July 4th holiday here in the United States, the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI continue to communicate with state and local law enforcement about what we know and see.

We are encouraging all law enforcement to be vigilant and prepared. We will also adjust security measures, seen and unseen, as necessary to protect the American people.

In Britain, the ISIS targeted the annual Armed Forces Day parade on Saturday, but intelligence officials foiled the plot, which was discovered by an undercover British agent who was recruited by the terrorist group.

The ISIS had told the investigator, according to the London Sun, “It will be big. We will hit the kuffar (unbelievers) hard InshAllah. Hit their soldiers in their own land. InshAllah. Soldiers that served in Iraq and Afghanistan will be present. Jump in the crowd and detonate the bomb.

“They think they can kill Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan then come back to the UK and be safe. We’ll hit them hard InshAllah.”

The multiple attacks on Friday indicate, whether coordinated or not, are clear signs that the Islamic State’s declared war on the world is more than rhetoric.

Dismissing the murderers as “lone wolves,” as some of Israel’s security officials and leftist media try to do in order to play down Palestinian Authority-incited terror, is not going to satisfy the nationwide American fear of the ISIS.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/us-officials-warn-of-isis-attacks-on-july-4/2015/06/27/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: