web analytics
January 27, 2015 / 7 Shevat, 5775
 
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Youtube’

MEMRI is Back on YouTube

Thursday, December 4th, 2014

YouTube apparently reversed itself following its “termination” of the MEMRI TV account the other day.

The MEMRI channel is now back on YouTube.

YouTube Deletes MEMRI TV Channel

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014

For almost two days now, the YouTube channel of MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project, has been listed by YouTube as “terminated”.

MEMRI translates and exposes hate content from both mainstream Arab and Islamic terrorist’s media outlets, which would otherwise go unnoticed by the non-Arabic speaking public.

This was first reported by blogger Aussie Dave at Israellycool:

 YouTube has terminated the invaluable MEMRITV channel for what it calls “repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement.” And from the looks of things, at the time of this post, MEMRI may not even be aware of it.

Which means some very important video footage with translations from Arabic may not be spread as far and wide as they deserve to be. And on a more micro level, a whole bunch of videos we have posted about – like our Jew-hating Jordanian buddy here – no longer work.

From what I understand, MEMRI can appeal the decision. The question of copyright infringement may come down to “fair use”, which I believe to be the case. As for any other so-called “violations” of YouTube’s Community Guidelines, I can only imagine they were flagged as being “hate speech” by enemies of freedom, simply for shining a light on the realhate speech out there. Which includes YouTube Channels of terrorist and hate organizations, which are allowed to continue unabated.

 

Kuwait Bans Sunni Cleric’s Show for Hate Speech

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013

Kuwait has banned the television show of a prominent Sunni Muslim cleric over accusations that he instigated hatred with speeches and comments on social media, Reuters reported.

Kuwaiti Information Minister Sheikh Salman al-Humoud al-Sabah said an investigation was pending regarding the permission that was given Shafi al-Ajmi to broadcast on state television. The show was cancelled after the first episode aired on Monday.

Ajmi has gained fame by calling for the torture and killing of the Shiite Hezbollah fighters in Syria.

“The Ministry of Information does not approve of airing episodes for any individual who instigates hatred and promotes such rhetoric,” Sheikh Salman told local media.

Ajmi has nearly a quarter of a million followers on Twitter, and he airs his anti-Shiite commentary is shown on YouTube.

IDF Launches New Media Weapon in Information War against Hezbollah

Friday, July 12th, 2013

The IDF has launched new interaction media websites on the Hezbollah terrorist network in a pre-emptive strike to expose the rapidly expanding empire for what it is.

The vastly researched sites provide media outlets and, more importantly, the general public with a wealth of information that is designed to help Israel overcome the worldwide media bias in favor its enemies,

Operation Cast Lead in Gaza four years ago and the war in Lebanon proved how much foreign media were hell-bent to serve up reportage with a strongly pro-Hezbollah and pro-Hamas viewpoint.

Hezbollah’s move into Syria creates a gigantic threat to Israel, much more than Hamas or even Iran at this point. Hezbollah crippled northern Israel and surprised the IDF with advanced weapons and guerilla tactics in the Second Lebanon War in 2006, and it has a huge stockpile of  missiles ready for launching to strike again.

Lt. Col. Avital Leibovitz, the IDF’s director of the new Interactive Branch, told the Jewish Press and a select number of other media outlets Thursday that in last year’s Pillar of Defense counterterrorist operation against a barrage of hundreds of missiles on southern Israel,  “mainstream media” did not accurately report the massive attacks on Israel.

Now the military is striking back with its new Interactive Media Branch, which is using 30 platforms for websites in several languages – Hebrew, English, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, French and Russian.

“I am not trying to change the media,” Lt. Col. Leibovitz said. In effect, the IDF is carrying the banner of social protest groups, from the Arab world to Europe and the United States, and getting its message across on a new website while counting on a growing following on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

“The idea is similar in its concept of the military adapting to new war zones,” she explained. “This is a new media war zone  of interactive media.”

As of midnight tonight, the IDF has made available nine Hezbollah websites that are stocked with data and researched intelligence information exposing Hezbollah for what it is.

Although Leibovitz said she is not trying  to write an encyclopedia, the websites in fact provide a vast amount of information, with photographs, interactive maps, videos, and documented research, exposing Hezbollah as a terrorist organization and not just a  political party. One website covers its illicit drugs and money laundering operations that bring in the funds to finance terror.

Other sites deal with Nasrallah, the Hezbollah media empire and its army of terror.

It is difficult to believe that foreign media all of a sudden will be nice to Israel, but the availability of the new websites for the general public may generate an even larger following on social media sites that will make it more problematic for media to portray Israel in an unfairly negative tone while treating organizations such as Hezbollah as a “militants” and “resistance fighters” trying to eliminate a supposed threat from Israel.

The IDF’s YouTube postings have received 35 million views. It has 340,000 followers in English on Facebook and 130,000 followers on Twitter, according to Leibovitz.

The new websites have been in the works for six months, staffed by approximately 30 regular soldiers and officers and with the cooperation of intelligence units and the Northern Command.

One of the leaders in developing the sites is 25-year-old Gabriel Freund, an immigrant from Australia, “I have been working for several months to get the site ready to tell the story of Hezbollah in a way that will be easy to share and understand,” he explained.”

Click here to reach the overall IDF site on Hezbollah, which provides link for nine others.

The Hezbollah youth movement

The Hezbollah youth movement

YouTube Removes Video Calling on Keys to Cancel Israel Concert

Friday, June 28th, 2013

YouTube removed a video calling on Alicia Keys to cancel a concert in Tel Aviv.

The video, set to Keys’ popular song “This Girl is on Fire,” was removed on Monday, according to the U.S. Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel.

The video, “Alicia Keys, Come Together with Your Sisters, Boycott Apartheid,” was removed, a notification by YouTube said, due to a copyright infringement claim by “Alicia Keys c/o Ziffren Brittenheim LLP.”

It showed Palestinian performance and visual artist Rana Hamadeh standing on an Israeli military vehicle waving a Palestinian flag.

“It is enough that we face physical and emotional violence and restrictions on our daily lives. But now we are also being silenced on the internet,” Hamadeh said in a statement distributed by the U.S. Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel. “I think if Alicia Keys understood the call to boycott, she would agree to honor it.”

Keys affirmed her decision to play in Israel in an interview published last month in The New York Times. She has been under pressure to cancel the July 4 concert.

The appeal to Keys to boycott Israel came first from Alice Walker in an open letter posted on the Pulitzer Prize-winning author’s website. Calls also came from Roger Waters of Pink Floyd and numerous pro-Palestinian organizations.

Russian Videos: ‘The Tsarnaevs are Innocent’ (Video Embedded)

Monday, May 6th, 2013

Even the vicious mass murderer Ted Bundy had admirers who swore he was innocent. But in this age in which there are pictures of Dzokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev at the Boston Marathon finish line pre-explosions with backpacks and post explosions without backpacks, and also pictures of the exploded backpacks, not to mention the reported admission by Dzhokhar that he and his brother built and detonated the bombs, it is hard to believe there are those who insist the Tsarnaevs are innocent.

But there are.

And some of those who maintain this position have very carefully put together loving video homages to the Tsarnaevs, complete with pictures that have not yet been shown in the media.

Some of the pictures in the video are of the boys growing up, many are of the older brother, Tamerlan, in the gym, quite a few show Dzokhar hanging out with friends. There are some artistic renderings and some of various milestone events.  In one picture Dzokhar is shown in front of the Chechen flag, in another he looks out seductively from behind a tangle of dark curls.

Interspersed between the photographs are messages in Russian, proclaiming the innocence of the Tsarnaevs.  The images slide by, the music is eastern and hypnotic.  An audiovisual ode to monsters.

Arab Attacks 60 Year Old Man at Abraham’s Well in Hebron

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012

A video uploaded to YouTube by English Spokesperson for Hebron David Wilder shows a stream of blood on the rocks of the Abraham’s Well underground spring, following a near-fatal rock attack by a local Arab on a 60 year old Jewish man who came to immerse in the spring.


Jewish tradition connects the Patriarch Abraham – the central figure connecting Judaism and Islam and one of three great Jewish patriarchs buried in Hebron – with the small natural spring, saying it was the place where Abraham and his wife Sarah would go to purify themselves.

On Wednesday, a 60 year old resident of Kiryat Arba went to perform a cleansing immersion at the site, and when he reached the bottom of the stairs, was attacked by an Arab who threw a large rock at his head.  The man was found unconscious on his back at the bottom of the stairs leading to the well.  He regained consciousness at a Jerusalem hospital, to which he was evacuated by paramedics.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/arab-attacks-60-year-old-man-at-abrahams-well-in-hebron/2012/07/18/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: