The following press release came in from the State dept.:

As summer approaches, the Department of State would like to remind families to check the expiration dates on their passports. Passports issued to minors under 16 are only valid for five (5) years rather than the regular ten (10) years for adults. Some countries require six months or more remaining validity in your passport to enter. Some countries require an entry visa that may take several weeks to obtain. Summer is a very busy time for travel, and no one wants to miss a great trip. Apply early for your passport, avoid waiting in line, and save $60. Apply today at your nearest acceptance facility. Visit to find the facility nearest to you.


U.S. citizens must present a valid passport book when entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land borders and sea ports of entry must present a passport book, passport card, or other travel document approved by the U.S. government.

More information on how and where to apply for a U.S. passport is available at U.S. citizens may also obtain passport information by phone, in English and Spanish, by calling the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll-free at 1-877-487-2778. To be seen at the New York Passport Agency, you must have an appointment and show printed proof that you are traveling within two weeks (or four if you need a visa). Call NPIC to schedule an appointment.


Loading Facebook Comments ...