Nachum Segal was MC at the Abeles & Heymann “Best-Dressed Kosher Hot Dog” contest, held on Tuesday at KosherFest in New Jersey.
And the winner is… (you’ll have to watch to find out)
Melinda Strauss, food blogger, photographer and recipe developer on www.kitchen-tested.com and founder and CEO of Jewish Food Media www.jewishfoodmedia.com took the Top Dog as the winner in the First Annual Best Dressed Abeles & Heyman Kosher Hot Dog at Kosherfest. She received $400 cash and Chani Apfelbaum’s E- Book, The 30-Day Paleo Diet and Miriam Pascal’s new Book Real Life Kosher Cooking. The second prize winner was Malkie Hirsch, recipe and food writer (@kissthekoshercook who received $200 and third prize and $100 went to Kayla Kaye www.facebook.com/TheKitchNY/ @TheKitch_NY. Other competitors were Esti Berkowitz, editor & founder of – Primetime Parent/Kosherfeast http://www.primetimeparenting.com and the kosherfeast is http://www.kosherfeastdinner.com and Phil Fogel www.fogelseatforfree.com @fogelseatfree.
- The Event Host was Nachum Segal, of the Nachum Segal Network (NSN) www.nachumsegal.com
- Contestants had 2 minutes to create the Best Dressed Hot Dog using Hot Dogs and condiments.
- Event was judged on Creativity, Appetite Appeal and Tasted by an esteemed panel:
- Chanie Apfelbaum is a food blogger, recipe developer and food photographer who blogs about her cooking adventures at www.busyinbrooklyn.com. She shares her love of food, family and tradition through fun and educational cooking demos to audiences worldwide.
- Elan Kornblum is “The Restaurant Guy”; President of Great Kosher Restaurants MagazineGreatKosherRestaurants.com, GreatKosherFoodies.com and GreatKosherDeals.com and Great Kosher App
- Miriam Pascal is the founder of the popular kosher food blog, OvertimeCook.com, and the author of the best-selling Something Sweet Cookbook. Her highly anticipated second cookbook, Real Life Kosher Cooking debuts at the booth from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. with book signings by Miriam.