Congratulations to all the winners of the JewishPress.com raffle at The Event
About The Albany Dust-Up
Re your editorials (Feb. 2 and 9) concerning the comptroller controversy:
Cleveland Subway 100% Kosher
Re the Feb. 9 article on the new Subway kosher location in Brooklyn:
We appreciate the publicity, but there were items regarding our kosher location in Cleveland that we feel were misleading. They were also unfair to the people who own and operate that location and their patrons, and require clarification.
● Two of the three franchisees of the Cleveland location are Orthodox Jews. While it is true that one of the business partners is a Lebanese Christian, he is not the sole owner/operator of the restaurant.
● Avi Cohen, one of the franchisees of the Cleveland location, is their mashgiach.
● The Cleveland restaurant is located in the Jewish Community Center and is overseen by the Cleveland Rabbinical Council.
● All kosher Subway locations, either open now or due to open in the future, are/will be 100% kosher and are/will be supervised by the appropriate kosher certification authority for their area.
● All kosher Subway restaurants, including the Brooklyn location, are required to mimic the original Subway menu as much as possible.
● Both the Cleveland and Brooklyn locations offer smoked turkey. The Cleveland location offers parve cheese.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
The bad news is that ISIS and Al Qaeda are on the Syrian Golan. The good news is that every terrorist in Syria is killing each other.
The congregants, Ethiopians spanning generations, were beaming with joy and pride.
The withdrawal from the Gaza Strip nine years ago did not enhance Israel’s security.
In 19th century entire ancient Jewish communities fled Palestine to escape brutal Muslim authorities
Responsibility lies with both the UN and Hamas, and better commitments should have been demanded from both parties in the ceasefire.
But the world is forever challenging our Jewish principle and our practices.
If this is how we play the game, we will lose. By that I mean we will lose everything.
Reportedly, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates have formed a bloc that seeks to counter Islamist influence in the Middle East.
One wonders how the IDF could be expected to so quickly determine the facts.
While there is no formula that will work for everyone, there are some strategies that if followed carefully and consistently can help our children – and us – gain the most from the upcoming school year.
We risk our lives to help those who do what they can to kill to our people .
Twain grasped amazingly well the pulse of the Jewish people.
How can it be called a failed school when it has only been open a year?
Don’t Touch Nixon, He Saved my Life My sentiments too on our late President Nixon. Although my last name does not meet the culture, I have suffered heavily acts of anti semitism over the years(in the work place) when it is learned, (ie), I’ve taken off for Yom Kippur, just as one example. I truly understand […]
Peace must start from the ground up, not with grand slogans coming from pontificating politicians.
Let’s think what OUR interest is, and act according to it.
This past Friday, I went shopping at a local supermarket and noticed a piece of paper on the floor with what looked like Hebrew lettering. On closer examination, I was shocked to see that this small pamphlet with some form off advertising contained the full text of “Krias Shma al Hamitta,” (the Shma Israel recited […]
Dear Editor, I read with interest Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu’s February 24, 2013 article entitled, Women of the Wall Rabbi Calls Knesset Achashverosh. In 2003, the Israeli Supreme Court issued a decision that allows Women of the Wall to pray at the Kotel once a month on Rosh Hodesh. That is why Women of the Wall only […]
Today is my brother’s second yartzheit and a Torah was dedicated in his memory.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/letters-to-the-editor/letters-to-the-editor-177/2007/02/21/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: