Prof. Ariel Toaff
About Those Mehadrin Buses
About The French And Foxman
About The Albany Dust-Up
Re your editorials (Feb. 2 and 9) concerning the comptroller controversy:
Far Rockaway, NY
Cleveland Subway 100% Kosher
Re the Feb. 9 article on the new Subway kosher location in Brooklyn:
We appreciate the publicity, but there were items regarding our kosher location in Cleveland that we feel were misleading. They were also unfair to the people who own and operate that location and their patrons, and require clarification.
● Two of the three franchisees of the Cleveland location are Orthodox Jews. While it is true that one of the business partners is a Lebanese Christian, he is not the sole owner/operator of the restaurant.
● Avi Cohen, one of the franchisees of the Cleveland location, is their mashgiach.
● The Cleveland restaurant is located in the Jewish Community Center and is overseen by the Cleveland Rabbinical Council.
● All kosher Subway locations, either open now or due to open in the future, are/will be 100% kosher and are/will be supervised by the appropriate kosher certification authority for their area.
● All kosher Subway restaurants, including the Brooklyn location, are required to mimic the original Subway menu as much as possible.
● Both the Cleveland and Brooklyn locations offer smoked turkey. The Cleveland location offers parve cheese.
Milford, CTLetters to the Editor
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.