For One Day Only: $1=$4, Thanks to Matching from BIG Donors
About The Albany Dust-Up
Re your editorials (Feb. 2 and 9) concerning the comptroller controversy:
Cleveland Subway 100% Kosher
Re the Feb. 9 article on the new Subway kosher location in Brooklyn:
We appreciate the publicity, but there were items regarding our kosher location in Cleveland that we feel were misleading. They were also unfair to the people who own and operate that location and their patrons, and require clarification.
● Two of the three franchisees of the Cleveland location are Orthodox Jews. While it is true that one of the business partners is a Lebanese Christian, he is not the sole owner/operator of the restaurant.
● Avi Cohen, one of the franchisees of the Cleveland location, is their mashgiach.
● The Cleveland restaurant is located in the Jewish Community Center and is overseen by the Cleveland Rabbinical Council.
● All kosher Subway locations, either open now or due to open in the future, are/will be 100% kosher and are/will be supervised by the appropriate kosher certification authority for their area.
● All kosher Subway restaurants, including the Brooklyn location, are required to mimic the original Subway menu as much as possible.
● Both the Cleveland and Brooklyn locations offer smoked turkey. The Cleveland location offers parve cheese.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Latvia, July 4, 1941 they forced many Jews in the shul putting it on fire; everyone was burned alive
There’s blood on the reporters’ hands AND New Israel Fund for funding groups feeding lies to the UN
Respect & appreciation for our country is not only a civic value but an essential Jewish one as well
Israel, like the non-radical Islamic world. will be happy see the ISIS beheaded for once.
Kids shouldn’t have “uninstructed” Internet access, better to train them how to use it responsibly
What if years from now, IS were to control substantial territory? What world havoc would that wreak?
Rambam writes the verse’s double term refers to 2 messiahs: first King David; 2nd the final Mashiach
The Gaza flotilla has been rightfully and legally blocked by Israel’s Navy, with greetings from Bibi
The president described the attack as “an act that drew on a long history of bombs and arson and shots fired at churches, not random, but as a means of control, a way to terrorize and oppress…”
“The only [candidate] that’s going to give real support to Israel is me,” said the 69-year-old Trump.
And whereas at the outset the plan was that Iran would have to surrender most of its centrifuges, it will now be able to retain several thousand.
Now oil independent, US no longer needs its former strategic alliances with Gulf States-or Israel
How can it be called a failed school when it has only been open a year?
Don’t Touch Nixon, He Saved my Life My sentiments too on our late President Nixon. Although my last name does not meet the culture, I have suffered heavily acts of anti semitism over the years(in the work place) when it is learned, (ie), I’ve taken off for Yom Kippur, just as one example. I truly understand […]
Peace must start from the ground up, not with grand slogans coming from pontificating politicians.
Let’s think what OUR interest is, and act according to it.
This past Friday, I went shopping at a local supermarket and noticed a piece of paper on the floor with what looked like Hebrew lettering. On closer examination, I was shocked to see that this small pamphlet with some form off advertising contained the full text of “Krias Shma al Hamitta,” (the Shma Israel recited […]
Dear Editor, I read with interest Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu’s February 24, 2013 article entitled, Women of the Wall Rabbi Calls Knesset Achashverosh. In 2003, the Israeli Supreme Court issued a decision that allows Women of the Wall to pray at the Kotel once a month on Rosh Hodesh. That is why Women of the Wall only […]
Today is my brother’s second yartzheit and a Torah was dedicated in his memory.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/letters-to-the-editor/letters-to-the-editor-177/2007/02/21/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: