Points this article makes:
– The so called construction surge consisted of a mere 6,062 Jewish-owned homes, built over 4 years.
– Settlements are not allowed to build their fair share of homes compared to the national average and population size.
– Under Netanyahu, settlement construction has slowed down, not increased.
– Under Netanyahu, the settlement population growth rate has slowed down, not increased.
– The AP article discussing settlers and settlements liberally quotes a radical left-wing NGO, but doesn’t quote any settlers or right-wing NGOs.
– Palestinian Authority Arabs have their own government which doesn’t permit them to vote.
All data from Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics reports, AP claims their data is from the CBS:
Construction Completions: Comparing Judea and Samaria to the National Average 2010-2013
|Year||National Construction||Excluding J&S||J&S||% from National|
Population Sizes: Comparing Judea and Samaria to the National Average 2008-2013
|Year||National Population||Excluding J&S||Just J&S||J&S as % of Population||Annual J&S Increase|
|2010||7,695,100||7,391,200||303,900 *||3.95%||6,900 *|
* Settlement population size for 2010 (10-month Settlement Freeze) was estimated by JewishVirtualLibrary.org.
CBS statistics reports used for this article: