Iran May Attacks Jewish Targets In The Diaspora, Warns Ex Mossad Chief
During a radio interview Sunday night, former Mossad chief Shabtai Shavit warned that Iran or its proxies may attack Jewish targets outside of Israel in response to the Jewish state’s reported strike last week on a Hizbullah convoy.
The convoy was traveling toward the Israeli side of the Golan Heights.
The attack killed Iranian Revolutionary Guard General Mohammed Allahdadi as well as a Hizbullah commander and the son of the group’s late military leader, Imad Muughniyeh. Hizbullah said six of its members died in the strike.
Speaking on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” on New York’s AM 970 The Answer, Shavit predicted Iran would retaliate by attacking Jewish targets abroad.
Shavit stated: “I would dare to predict that if they decide to retaliate, and when I’m saying ‘they’ I mean the Iranians and the Hizbullah collaborating with each other, they will try to find a soft spot where to retaliate.
“And judging from the last few years, they are trying to do it against Jewish targets but not in the Middle East,” he said.
Shavit served as director general of the Mossad from 1989 to 1996.
Last week, an Israeli official took the unusual step of recognizing his country was behind last Sunday’s strike on a Hizbullah convoy near the Israeli side of the Golan Heights.
Shavit, meanwhile, suggested Iran may have “directly or indirectly” murdered an Argentine prosecutor who threatened the blow the lid off Tehran’s involvement in a pair of deadly bombings in Buenos Aires. The former Israeli intelligence chief said his years of experience lead him to suspect Iran is behind the death of Argentine prosecutor Alberto Nisman.
The 51-year-old Nisman was found on January 18 slumped in the bathroom of his apartment with a bullet wound in his head, not long after accusing Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner of shielding Iranians sought in a pair of terrorist bombings in 1992 and 1994.
According to the Associated Press, Nisman’s death came just days after he gave a judge a report alleging Kirchner secretly reached a deal to prevent prosecution of former Iranian officials accused of involvement in the 1992 bombing of the Jewish embassy in Buenos Aires and the 1994 bombing of Argentina’s largest Jewish center, the Argentine Israelite Mutual Association. The first attack killed 29 and injured 242; the second killed 85 people and injured more than 200.
“The demise of the Argentinian prosecutor, I would guess that somehow directly or indirectly has to do with the terrible events of 1992 and 1994 in Argentina when the Israeli embassy was bombed and the Jewish community center of Buenos Aires was bombed and hundreds of people dead and injured,” Shavit said.
“I allow myself to guess that one of the reasons [for] the demise of the prosecutor [was] in order to keep the many years of deniability of the possible Iranian involvement in these two events.”
This reporter asked the former Mossad chief for clarification: “Are you saying…Iran or its proxies were behind the death of the Argentine prosecutor?”
“I said that being a former intelligence officer, I allow myself to make this assessment,” Shavit replied.
Congressman Charges White House With Blackmailing Patraeus
The Obama administration has been using General David Petraeus’s legal predicament over an extramarital affair to keep him “on a leash” and prevent him from providing “devastating testimony” on Benghazi, charges Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas.
“We’re not even getting to the people that really have the most direct information,” Gohmert said in a radio interview Sunday. “Have you not wondered about Petraeus being so silent all this time?”
Gohmert made these comments on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” on New York’s AM 970 The Answer.
Petraeus was director of the Central Intelligence Agency at the time of the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, Sept. 11, 2012. The retired four-star general resigned, however, two months later, citing an extramarital affair reportedly discovered through an FBI investigation.
Since then, further investigations by the FBI and Justice Department have alleged that Petraeus leaked classified documents to his mistress, prompting a recommendation felony charge be brought against him. So far, however, he has not been formally charged.
Gohmert cited Petraeus’s legal troubles as just the kind of ammunition the White House could use to keep the former CIA director quiet about what really happened in Benghazi and the immediate aftermath, when the administration took public criticism for a series of misleading “talking points” about the attack.
“They’ve got an investigation that has been pending all that time, and it’s something they had known about for nearly a year and perhaps longer about the affair [Petraeus] had been having, but amazingly it doesn’t come up until he is in a position to say exactly where the talking points came from and how they were changed by the White House or someone,” Gohmert said.
“He could have given very devastating testimony, and yet they’ve kept him on a leash and he’s not come out and blasted the White House when we found out that those were not the talking points that came from the CIA.
Sheriff Sees No Threat From Islamic Commune
The Delaware County, New York, sheriff’s office does not believe there is any credible threat emanating from an Islamic commune within its jurisdiction that serves as the national headquarters for a Muslim organization that has been accused of engaging in paramilitary training within the U.S.
Craig Dumont, deputy sheriff of Delaware County, appeared Sunday on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” on New York’s AM 970 The Answer where he downplayed concern about Islamberg, a 70-acre rural hamlet that is the headquarters for Muslims of the America, Inc., or MOA.
MOA was founded by controversial Pakistani Sufi cleric Mubarak Ali Gilani.
Dumont told Klein his office has been inside Islamberg on a number of occasions and that he has been “perplexed” by recent news media reports of alleged jihadist training camps.
“It’s kind of perplexing to us,” he said. “All this recent media attention in regard to potential terrorist training camps and things that are going on there. We don’t see it. We just don’t find any of that to be valid at this time. … There are no active threats that we are aware of at this time.”
Dumont said he was aware of an undated YouTube video published by the Clarion Project showing women in military fatigues carrying rifles, marching in formation and engaging in what looks to be paramilitary training. The video is said to have been filmed inside Islamberg.
Dumont, however, stated that “nothing that we have developed or had contact with has made us believe there is any credit to those videos.”