Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman warned Monday that Gaza’s ruling Hamas terrorist organization test-fired a barrage of missiles on Sunday night.
Specifically, Liberman said three rockets were fired towards the Mediterranean Sea overnight.
Liberman said the missile test proves Hamas is continuing to produce and test-fire rockets despite the humanitarian situation and despite the alleged lack of basic goods in the enclave.
He also said the operating budget for the Izz a-Din al-Qassam military wing of the terrorist organization last year was $260 million, with all of it invested in the production of missiles and the construction of terror tunnels.
The latter, however, will ultimately prove to be a waste of money: “I assume that by the end of 2018 we’ll succeed in eradicating the phenomenon of Hamas’ attack tunneling,” Liberman said at a meeting of his Yisrael Beytenu faction.