September 15, 2014 / 20 Elul, 5774
Apartment 758x530 Africa-Israel at the Israel Real Estate Exhibition in New York

Africa Israel Residences, part of the Africa Israel Investments Group led by international businessman Lev Leviev, will present 7 leading projects on the The Israel Real Estate Exhibition in New York on Sep 14-15, 2014.

The Jews of the United States

Rabbi Meir Kahane on U.S.-Israel relations: "The State of Israel must send leaders to speak directly to the masses of American Jews. Not timid spokespersons, who equivocate and apologize and fear to call the Arab spade a spade."
Rabbi Kahane

The same is hardly true for American Jews. The future of Jews in the Exile, in any Exile, is “iffy” at best. It is not Israel, the state that arose from the ashes of an Exile after 1,900 years, exactly as the Bible prophesied, that can be destroyed. It is rather the American Jewish community, sitting on a volcano of an American economic and social crisis that is moving to catastrophic explosion, that will see despair and extremism explode, fueled by bitter jealousy of the Jew. The result will be unparalleled Jew-hatred.

The Talmud clearly states that there can never be a third Exile (though terrible tragedy within the country can certainly take place). But there is precisely the opposite promise for the Exile. Any Exile.

It is remarkable how little Jews realize the extent of real and palpable hatred of them. The jealousy and the envy of the Jew in the United States is awesome. It can be heard on any talk show as listeners phone in. It can be heard in any bar. It is so real and so frightening that one is staggered by it. Let no American Jew threaten Israel. It is the Jew of the Exile who will always need the one haven for the Jew in the world. That message should be gotten through to all the Establishment figures who pressure the Jewish State to refrain from acting normally for survival.

The third axiom must be to divide the ordinary American Jew from those organizations, leaders and rabbis, who — in essence — are so different in their thinking from him. The ordinary Jew in the United States has a normal, gut reaction that Israel must be strong to survive and use any method to do so. He can easily be made to understand the Arab threat to Israel’s survival; the madness of the very concept of Arab “moderates”; the insanity of concessions. It is the fact that he is at the mercy of the general news media, as well as those of liberal temple rabbis and Federation leaders, that inhibits him and distorts him.

The State of Israel must send leaders to speak directly to the masses of American Jews. Not timid spokespersons, who equivocate and apologize and fear to call the Arab spade a spade. Rather, leaders who will present the Jewish view that Eretz Yisrael is ours; that the Arabs seek to wipe out any Jewish state of any kind; that Israel must do everything that is necessary to survive, without guilt or complexes. Give the average Jew a sense of pride and power, and he will support Israel fully. And remember — no American functionary can compete with an Israeli Prime Minister or General.

At the same time, let Israeli leaders not be afraid to criticize the American leaders and expose them for what they are and what they are not. Let the bankrupt history of Jewish organizations who did nothing during the Holocaust and who, for decades, did nothing for Soviet Jewry, be known. Let the record of Jewish organizations who encouraged assimilation and intermarriage through the “melting pot” be seen. And let the choice be given to the average Jew. He will choose wisely and correctly. Above all, let Israel not shirk a confrontation with the empty vessels of the Jewish Establishment. They represent few Jews and their basic instincts are un-Jewish. A Jewish State need not fear them. They are nothing without Israel; Israelis everything without them.

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

37 Responses to “The Jews of the United States”

1. HoneyBee Deborah says:

Recently I was rebuked publicly because I am not orthodox or should I say "Jewish enough." I would like to remind all of us that our blessed Torah states one of the highest mitvots is ahavat Israel, love your neighbor. Yesterday my rabbi (chabad) discussed the importance in how we treat our fellow man. We are all of G-d, we all carry His spark, and it is up to us to see the spark and respect it. I was once rebuked for not being "enough of a Jew" because I discussed Kaballah in front of other more religious Jews, and I am not orthodox. The person who did the rebuking committed a sin- she humiliated me publicly. She did not apologize for it. I ask myself when I am in Jerusalem, and I see the 20 different black hats, which of them has a complete lock on truth. In other words which hat has the right shape. A Fedora or a bowler? I am a proud Jew, as good as you, and certainly no less. I wear no shaitel, I do not wear long skirts, and I drive on Shabbos. I do light candles, I do attend Shabbat services, I do study Torah, but mostly I follow a golden rule- I honor my neighbor, I see the spark in him. All I ask is that he see that within me. Shalom

Of the hundreds of mitzvots that we can perform, every Jew misses some. Of all the shortcomings, harshly judgng our neighbors and spreading hatred and dissention between Jews is the most damaging to Israel, and our people. The Second Temple fell because of causeless hatred, and alas I see no evidence that the lesson as been learned today. Debby

2. Tzvi Fishman says:

Wonderful, just wonderful. You are absolutely right. But would it be so terrible to keep Shabbat and wear long skirts? Vats so scarey in that?

3. I got your number sweety. You're right on. I'm big, fat and ugly but that an't gona stop me from bein myself and lovin livin in Israel. You all will find that hatrid in californa more than in Israel. Israel ez the melting pot of the world of Jews so ther's lots of diferant Jews here that you'd feel rite at home and even feel better not drivin on Shabat.

4. HoneyBee Deborah says:

Of course not- I don't mind it, as long as there is no guilt trips or judgementalism, or negative pressure. When you put it like that, no problem :)

5. HoneyBee Deborah says:

Tzvi when put so sweetly, not a problem at all for me.

6. HoneyBee Deborah says:

Beulah Banias, I love your attitude. Yes I grew up here in sunny CALifornia, and had many street fights as a young girl- ignorance passed on from their parents. No Jews here in the OC when i came. But I learned how to fight them off, and have been a strong activist and advocate for Israel ever since. I took the negative and used it to empower myself. Thank G-d iIwas born a Jew, and this was the best place to learn to appreciate it <3

7. Liad Bar-el says:

Great blog!

“But as with all things that are based on emotion, rather than logic and ideology, as times changed and as a generation changed and moved on to make way for another, so did the attitude toward and the status of the Jewish State.”…and toward the adherence to the Torah as well; thus, we find the American Jewish children are not raised to learn and to adhere to any Torah ethics. They then have premarital sex with goyim who were also raised not to have any ethics; thus, they get emotionally involved, calling it “love” which only lasts until the first child comes and then the family begins to split. Jewish wife/mother: “How shall be bring this child up, Jewish or non-Jewish.” Goy husband/father: “Do what you want. I have to go to work. I’ll be home late tonight because my secretary and I have a project to do.” The next morning as the husband sleeps in late and as the wife picks up his dirty clothes, she smells perfume and sees strands of long blond hair on his clothes. After the husband gets up, takes a shower and goes to his closet of clothes to get dressed, he sees old male underwear which are not his.

8. Tim Upham says:

The tragedy of American Jews is that most of them have an identify crisis. Because of assimilation and a high degree of intermarriage, most do not know what a Jewish identity is all about. So many will espouse radical right wing support of Israel, which will include physical extermination of the Palestinians or they forced removal. Like what Meir Kahane embraced. I find out a lot of these people are not affiliated with a synagogue, know what a Siddur is, nothing about the Talmud, Halachic law is all about, or know no Hebrew. It is I find my Jewish identity, by saying we have enemies, and we must destroy those enemies. Which goes to show there is a great lack of Jewish education. But what is Jewish education within the United States? Voluntary commitment. But once you make that commitment, then you have an identity, and you do not have to rely on victimizing other people to find it.

9. Yaacov Barak says:

I'm in….free at last, free at last….I have reached the hallowed grounds of Rabeinu Fishman's blog….HaRav Kahana Z"L, was a man far ahead of his time….his words will one day be shown to have been the absolute truth.

10. Michael Rose says:

Bill Maher is a Jew and he still likes Obama. The media which the Jews own control politics and how this country is run. It is bombarded with Jew media, Jew movies, Jew politics, Jew this Jew that. Why can't your country bail itself out of its own ****ing problems. You Jews have been in war with Iran for decades. Make some ****ing peace and save our country some ****ing debt. Fix your own problems and ****ing wipe your asses on Iran.

11. David Levi says:

You know of course that Bibi must go. he has proven himself as an incompetent and imprudent leader. Israel's present and future well being depends on someone at its helm that can get along with the most important head of state on the globe, namely the President of the U.S. Bibi is unable to maintain good relations with his coalition partners, his opposition and the most prominent Jurors in Israel, let alone important foreign dignitaries. Bibi strikes a very positive pose as the prime minister, a good physique, well modulated speaking voice, wears an impressive tie and suit but as an administrator and a diplomatic leader he remains an abject failure, a superficial impressive image- all image, but no substance Ask any Likud, or MK member and you will find a uniform negative opinion on the real Netanyahu. Sad but very true

12. HoneyBee Deborah says:

13. HoneyBee Deborah says:

David Levi I disagree entirely- he is not incompetent in any way whatsover. Walk a mile in his shoes and then come back and tell me that David. He is the most balanced leader they have, and he is a genius at keep a coalition together.

Reply · Like · 2 seconds ago

Liad Bar-el · Top Commenter · Jerusalem, Israel
    Great blog!

14. HoneyBee Deborah says:

David Levi who would you appoint to replace him, and why. And I have asked several Likud leaders, friends of mine, and they agree with me.

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
A Jew, a soldier and a Druze watch - very carefully - the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.
IDF Stands By as Al Qaeda Offensive Threatens Golan Farmers
pashkevil WAR

Pashkevil: “Come out today and battle the Zionist Amalek and all the traitors in Nahal Haredi…”

Jo-map

Jordan: Only M.E. country with no historical basis and ruled by occupiers placed by European powers.

Doug Goldstein

Why is an IRA a worthwhile account for retirement? And how can you use it to the best advantage?

Questions-Answers-logo

Like the fighter pilot’s letter, I wonder if certain units are simply too sensitive to allow certain leftwingers to serve in, and to entrust in their hands the security of our country and our lives.

There is only one thing more tragic than experiencing a terror attack, and that is allowing those who attacked you to do it again!

Smuggling Gazans into Europe is cheaper than fighting with Gaza, and then rebuilding all the destruction.

This week’s parsha offers a new covenant; a covenant that speaks to national life unlike any other

Why did I feel so uncomfortable around people with special needs? It’s not like they’re contagious.

The US government ignores Saudi policies, focusing narrowly on Saudi oil and military cooperation.

Imagine if the Arabs would not have attacked Israel in ’48, or any other year…

How do you reach the top of your profession, and are you always aware of your own talents?

Rabbi Fink: “There are many ‘true believers who can’t even be in the presence of Orthodox Judaism.”

People act not because they think it’s right; they do what they do because it’s what they want to do

During the years of attacks on Gush Katif communities no residents either wished to leave or left.

Israel far outranks every country in the MENA region in the freedoms of press, speech and assembly.

” the Americans mistakenly led Israel to believe that Hamas accepted an unconditional 72-hour cease-fire “