Photo Credit: wissam nassar/ FLASH90
Senior Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar in a photo from March 14, 2008.

(JNi.media) Mahmoud al-Zahar, a senior Hamas official, said that the conditions are ripe for a new intifada against Israel, but, unfortunately, the Palestinian Authority prevents it and uses its security forces to block the emerging uprising. In an interview with Hamas’ website, Al-Zahar said that the only way to protect the Al Aqsa mosque would be with the Arabs in Judea and Samaria and Jerusalem taking up weapons, but, as he put it, the sad reality is that these weapons are being used to protect the settlers.

“The image of Palestinians from the West Bank and Jerusalem throwing stones and Molotov cocktails has dealt a blow to the occupier,” Al-Zahar said.

Advertisement

So far, no Palestinian Authority officials have condemned the murders of Jews by Arabs in the past three days in Jerusalem.

Saeb Erekat, one of the Palestinian Authority negotiators of the Oslo accords and chief of the PLO Steering and Monitoring Committee until 2011, told Radio Palestine Sunday, following the lethal stabbing incidents in Jerusalem: “The events remind us of September 2000. Israel’s isolation is causing it to take forceful measures. Experience shows that you cannot deprive the Palestinians of their freedom by force.”

Erekat added: “We are in contact with leaders in the Arab international world, to prevent a large Israeli operation. We are preparing to convene the Palestinian leadership soon to start implementing the declarations stated in the Abbas [UN] speech.”

Advertisement

23 COMMENTS

  1. Israel controls the PA and Gaza eletricity. Cut it off whenever their media is inciting against Israel. Replace it with a shows that are positive and that tell the truth. Cut off all incitement and hate shows especially children shows against Israel. Ban anti western school text books and replace them with normal ones and arrest any teacher that teaches his/her students Israeli hate. Ban military summer camps for children.

  2. They will never condemn the violence against Israelis. I am an American that served in The IDF for fifteen years. I never worked the streets, but I did take part in The Second War in Lebanon and was injured. During that War the world wanted Israel to stop there aggression. Even though Hezbollah kidnapped and killed Idf Soilders and rockets were launched into Israel daily. I also took part In last Summers War in Gaza. We were called baby killers. My Regiment searched for the tunnels and if we happened to come across any rocket launchers if we would destroy them. We never saw any rocket launchers, but we did find many tunnels. We lost some men killed by gunfire, our Commander was injured also. Me and my family are moving back in two weeks. I have been reinstated in The IDF. I’m going back in with the same rank I had when I left. I’m being assigned to an Infantry Regiment as a Executive Officer of a Battalion. The Regiment has both Women and Men. Most of the Officers are Women. Right now they are stationed at the border between Gaza and Israel.

Comments are closed.

Loading Facebook Comments ...