by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik
In keeping with Palestinian Authority policy to honor terrorists and glorify terrorist attacks, PA leader Mahmoud Abbas himself met with Um Nasser Abu Hmeid – a woman who is famous and admired in the PA for being the mother of four terrorist prisoners serving multiple life sentences. In total they are serving 18 life sentences for murdering eight people and carrying out numerous terror attacks. The PA refers to her fifth son, a terrorist who was killed by Israel, as “a Martyr.”
Abbas welcomed Abu Hmeid in his personal headquarters. She is also known in the PA as “Khansa of Palestine,” – a name that refers to the woman Al-Khansa from early Islam, who sent her four sons to battle and rejoiced when they all died as Martyrs.
An official PA TV newsreader announced, “President Abbas welcomed in the [PA] presidential headquarters in Ramallah, Um Nasser [Abu] Hmeid ”Khansa of Palestine,” mother of five (sic) prisoners.”
(Official PA TV News, April 25, 2018)
Palestinian Media Watch revealed the fact that the Palestinian Authority chose Abu Hmeid to launch its statehood campaign with the United Nations in 2011. She was honored in 2010 and again in 2015. Recently, the official Palestinian Authority daily singled her out in a report on an event for mothers of “Martyrs.”
In its report, official PA TV News also included a statement by Fatah Central Committee member Abbas Zaki who, while standing with Abu Hmeid, praised her and her terrorist sons, saying, “Um Nasser is a precious, mighty, and beloved woman. We identify with her and consider her children entrusted to us because they sacrificed their freedom for the Palestinian cause and people.”
After the meeting, Um Nasser said Abbas had “emphasized that no peace agreement will be signed without all of the prisoners being released.” She added that “the prisoners’ cause is the heart of the conflict, and Israel is attempting to fight us through our children,'” the official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, reported on April 26, 2018.
* Muhammad Abu Hmeid is serving 2 life sentences and 30 years for involvement in terror attacks;
* Nasser Abu Hmeid was a commander of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades (Fatah’s military wing) in Ramallah and is serving 7 life sentences and 50 years for murdering 7 Israeli civilians and 12 attempted murders;
* Nasr Abu Hmeid was a member of Tanzim (Fatah terror faction) and is serving 5 life sentences for involvement in two terror attacks and arms dealing; and
* Sharif Abu Hmeid was a member of one of his brothers’ units that carried out terror attacks and is serving 4 life sentences for accompanying a suicide bomber to his attack in March 2002;
* Abd Al-Mun’im Muhammad Yusuf Naji Abu Hmeid (dead), was a member of the military wing of Hamas, Izz A-Din Al-Qassam Brigades, and planned and carried out the ambush and murder of Israeli intelligence officer Noam Cohen on Feb. 13, 1994, in Ramallah. He was killed on May 31, 1994, by Israeli military undercover agents.