Ye Jianming, Chairman of China Energy Company Limited (CEFC China), was awarded the United Israel Appeal’s Yakir (beloved) of the Jewish People Award last week, in a conference held at the Tzidkiyahu’s Cave historical site.
The Yakir award is given to individuals who have distinguished themselves with their contribution to the aims and goals of the UIA (Keren Hayesod), both in Israel and throughout the Jewish world. The criteria for receiving the award, according to the UIA are:
1. Long-standing, devoted service within the Jewish community on behalf of Keren Hayesod – United Israel Appeal
2. An exceptionally high-level or quality contribution, which significantly impacts on Keren Hayesod and the local Campaign
3. Leadership, personal example and bold initiative
4. Recruiting and training volunteer workers and conveying the special messages of Keren Hayesod
5. Unswerving devotion to duty, multi-faceted activity and an unflagging acceptance of the challenges facing Keren Hayesod and the Jewish people in Israel and the Diaspora
Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman, UIA World Chairman Eliezer (Moodi) Sandberg, Chairman of World Board of Trustees David Koschitzky, and Director General Greg Masel jointly presented the medal and certificate to Ye Jianming.
According to Bloomberg, Ye, 40, is founder and chairman of CEFC China Energy Company, a privately held business engaged in crude oil and natural gas production, industrial processing and financial services. According to the company website, it had sales of $35 billion from its core businesses in 2014.
Under Ye’s leadership, CEFC China was ranked 229 on the 2016 Fortune Global 500 List. With a workforce of more than 30,000, it has been ranked as one of the Top Ten Most Influential Chinese Enterprises and Top Ten Most Internationally Competitive Chinese Enterprises by the China Most Influential Brand Names Summit Forum.
Ye is also Chairman of China Energy Fund Committee, a Hong Kong-based think tank with consultative status with the UN; Chairman of the Academy of Chinese Culture; Director of the Shanghai Energy Security Research Center; Chairman of CEFC Shanghai Charity Fund; Economic Adviser to President of the Czech Republic; Political Adviser to the New People’s Party of Hong Kong; and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security (IAGS).