The Health Ministry released an urgent message on Wednesday, detailing “11 Steps for the Safety of Israeli Citizens” in fighting the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, detailed below:
1. Israelis returning from France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Austria will be kept at home for 14 days, a retroactive decision from the day they leave their destination.
2. Foreigners from these countries will not be able to enter Israel. The implementation of this decision will take effect in the coming days.
3. It is forbidden on holding international conferences in Israel.
4. Israeli citizens who return from international meetings abroad – will be required to comply with 14-day quarantine at home.
5. The general prohibition of entry abroad for health workers.
6. It is forbidden to hold public events of more than 5000 people.
7. It is forbidden to gather more than a hundred people who have recently returned from abroad.
8. Business trips abroad are forbidden.
9. Recommendation for people aged 60 and over with chronic heart conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, respiratory infections or immunosuppression, avoid contact with people who have returned from abroad or who suspect a coronavirus.
10. Tourists visiting Iran, Iraq, Syria and/or Lebanon in the last 14 days will not be allowed into the country.
11. The Ministry of Health recommends hygiene caution. Avoid shaking hands.
For additional information call the Health Ministry Hotline at *5400.