Hamas made a ‘bad decision’ in choosing to renew its attacks against Israel, IDF Spokesperson Lt.-Col. Peter Lerner told news media on Friday.
“The renewed rocket attacks by terrorists at Israel are unacceptable, intolerable and shortsighted,” Lerner said in a statement.
“Hamas’ bad decision to breach the cease fire will be pursued by the IDF. We will continue to strike Hamas, its infrastructure, its operatives and restore security for the State of Israel.”
Israel waited three hours Friday morning to see if Hamas would cease the rocket fire on its own, but when it did not, the Israel Air Force took to the skies.
The IAF strafed Gaza with air strikes across the region Friday as terrorists continued to fire one barrage of rockets after another at Israel.
More than 45 rockets exploded in various cities and towns in the southern part of the Jewish State. A number of homes were damaged, and four people were wounded.
While the cease fire was in place earlier in the week, Gaza’a Greek Orthodox Archbishop Alexios courageously shared with CBN News the fact that Hamas terrorists had set up their rocket launchers on a roof terrace outside his office at the Saint Porphyrios church. The cleric was given little choice in the matter, nor were the hundreds of innocent civilians who had taken shelter in the Gaza City church.
About the Author: Hana Levi Julian is a Middle East news analyst with a degree in Mass Communication and Journalism from Southern Connecticut State University. A past columnist with The Jewish Press and senior editor at Arutz 7, Ms. Julian has written for Babble.com, Chabad.org and other media outlets, in addition to her years working in broadcast journalism.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.