Photo Credit: Screenshot
The Real Apartheid in Hebron

Forty one House Democrats arrived in Israel this week on a visit organized by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). They were scheduled to tour, among other sites, the city of Hebron where, some 3,500 years ago, biblical Abraham purchased the cave of the Patriarchs from the Canaanites, 2,100 years before the first Arab left the peninsula on his way to Israel.

Advertisement

Determined to turn the visit into a major anti-Israel propaganda effort, a tiny but clamorous group of college-age American Jews called IfNotNow posted a video featuring Hebron activist Issa Amro, who stood in the middle of the Jewish section of Hebron and accused Israel of imposing an apartheid regime on his people.

Here’s an important note: as you can see in the video, Amro is allowed to defame Israel in the middle of a Jewish street in Hebron. The locals may not like him, but they don’t touch him. They do drown him out eventually – with singing and dancing.

Now, since 1998, some 97% of the city of Hebron has been declared off-limits to Jews, with ample signs warning Jews that crossing over to the Arab side is dangerous and illegal. But the remaining 3% of the city, the Jewish part, is open to people of all faiths, nationalities and races. Here, you can see for yourselves in the video how Amro is allowed to stand there unmolested and spew lies about Israel’s “apartheid.”

So where, would you say, is the apartheid section of Hebron?

Advertisement