A top official in the Fatah-led Palestinian Authority government launched a diplomatic assault as the Hamas terror organization renewed its military assault against Israel late Tuesday afternoon from Gaza.
The head of the negotiating team for the former Palestinian Authority, Saeb Erekat, issued a statement Tuesday calling on the United Nations to force Israel to withdraw from all areas in the country won during the defensive 1967 Six Day War.
“Today we demand officially from the international community and the UN Security Council to adopt a resolution that would set a time frame for the withdrawal of Israeli troops from territories occupied in 1967,” Erekat told journalists at a news briefing in Moscow.
The Ramallah-based PA government represented by Erekat has been reborn as the ‘Palestinian Authority unity government’ since its reconciliation earlier this year with theHamas terrorist organization.
For the 11th time since the start of Operation Protective Edge, Gaza terrorists violated an Egyptian-brokered cease-fire more than eight hours prior to the deadline for its scheduled termination at midnight Tuesday.
Hamas claimed it had no connection to the violation and said it had “no idea” who fired the rocket attacks, which continued one after the other.
Also on Tuesday, the U.S. State Department announced it had decided to declare the Mujahedeen Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem (MSC) as a foreign terrorist organization.
The MSC, which is an umbrella organization comprised of Gaza-based global jihad terror organizations, is linked to the Islamic State — also known as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) or ISIL (Islamic State in the Levant).
The group has claimed responsibility for the August 2013 missile attack on the resort city of Eilat, and for a March 2013 attack on Sderot.Hana Levi Julian