Israel and Turkey are coordinating efforts to determine which terrorist group was responsible for an attack that left three Israelis and another national dead on Saturday in Istanbul.
— Israel Foreign Min. (@IsraelMFA) March 19, 2016
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told media, “There is information that this was an attack by a member of ISIS. But this is preliminary information. In cases like this, we cooperate with other countries’ intelligence agencies.”
He confirmed in a televised statement that Israeli officials were in touch with their Turkish counterparts to clarify whether the attack had been aimed specifically at Israeli tourists and said communication and intelligence cooperation was being coordinated between the two nations.
Netanyahu has also instructed the Foreign Ministry to issue a warning against travel to Turkey due to the current circumstances.