In Israel, there is arguably no greater fan of “The Donald” and his campaign for president than Seth Cogan. In his words, a view into the candidacy of Donald Trump:
A few points about Mr. Trump’s campaign that must be considered:
1. The reason Donald Trump resonates with the voter is that they know something is wrong with the way the US political system works and he is able to communicate that in a direct manner. No spin; No filter, Trump’s message is not rehearsed, it is not parsed over by handlers. Mr Trump simply says what he believes and the voter knows to be true.
2. Voters know that the media is not honest in the way they report the news.
3. Voters know that the political class is only interested in the next election and how they can enrich themselves.
4. Trump is funding his entire campaign himself and is not interested in being owned by the political class.
5. He continues to speak his mind and control the news cycle and his audience love him for it.
6. The Republican National Committee (RNC) does not want him, The RNC would even prefer Ted Cruz at this point and that is saying a lot. Ted Cruz is almost as hated as Trump. Cruz is labeled a Tea Party extremist, as if wanting to stand by the Constitution is a negative.
7. The problem is Cruz is not a celebrity, and can not control or dictate the narrative the way Trump can.
8. From the beginning, Trump has set the agenda starting with his salvo about illegal immigration, then saying that he would control ISIS by bombing their oil fields. He was heavily lampooned for this but has anyone notice that we are now bombing the oil. That is Obama who is doing that and Trump was the one who suggested it.
9. His latest comments about pausing our immigration policy until we get an understanding of how we are vetting these refugees is spot on. He is taking a lot of heat for it but he is 100 percent correct. Our Secretary of Defense has said we are at War, most people agree, and no country takes in insurgents who have said they will exploit the weakness of the host country.
10. What will be needed by our next President, as Trump has pointed out, is competence- NOT being nice or politically correct. America can’t afford that at this time with too many issues that must be dealt with immediately. A national debt that is crippling the economy and diminishing American power in the world. A bankrupt nation cannot dictate or control events. No one will listen. Again I don’t know if anyone can fix this problem, it may be too late. But for sure business as usual as we have seen from new House Speaker Paul Ryan or Hillary Clinton on the left will just be a continuation of what has not worked.
11. People are fearful that Trump is a fear-mongering demagogue. Trump is not a true Republican nor a true Democrat. He could easily live out his years with his wealth and not be concerned with the posterity of the country. Like George Washington, the Founding Fathers and great Patriots before him, Trump is willing to risk reputation and treasure to try an make a difference.
12. If he is rebuffed it will be much more painful for the American people then it will be for Trump. We are at a crossroads in the nations history. We have kicked the can down the road as far as we can. We are out of road. It is business as usual or put someone in who has a chance to be different. Again in my opinion he is the only one. May not be every ones cup of tea but generally great leaders are not. I hope we have the courage to make the correct decision.
13. America must be BOLD.
With all that said, my opinions on the Republican Jewish Committee (RJC) statements by Trump stand as expressed below:
In one word it was Fantastic!
Let me tell you why. The RJC represents a moneyed class just as many other PACs that want to control their candidates. Before Trump even got to the question and answer part of the speech, he already said as much. He said to the audience that he was the best candidate where Israel is concerned and I believe both by money and voice he has earned that title. And then he said to the audience “but you are not going to vote for me because I don’t want your money.” And I think that is the key to this whole election.
Trump has elegantly pointed out to the American voter that politicians are not looking out for their interests in the deals that they make. They serve the political class and those that give politicians money at the expense of the welfare of the country in general. This election can not be business as usual because the country is bankrupt. The US government owes $20 trillion in published debt and with unfunded liabilities that number is closer to a $100 trillion. We can not afford higher interest rates which are coming because of the reckless federal reserve printing trillions of dollars with no evidence that they are willing to stop. This is going to cause a collapse of the dollar and a dramatic drop in the standard of living for all Americans.
That is what is at stake in this election which is what Trump is attempting to mitigate. Frankly it may be to late, but Trump is our only hope in this election which makes it an important election for Israel. Because what is good for America is good for Israel. The problem in the US is not only of Obama’s making he had plenty of help from the economics of the Bush administration and the Federal Reserves easy money supply under Alan Greenspan.
So with that said and all the problems the US is facing the one that most threatens the free world and Israel is the game changer of a financial collapse in the US with a failing dollar. That event will plunge the US into an economic crisis that will make the Great Depression look small. Remember when the great Depression came the US debt was relatively small and the US was a nation of net savers. Now we are the biggest debtor nation in world history.
In summary, what we are have in this election is the opportunity to change the trajectory of the way the Political class spends our money in the US because they are mortgaging future generations on both sides of the isle. This is why Trump is receiving incoming from the right as well as the left. Frankly there is nothing left to mortgage and if that is not changed the US will have a collapse in the dollar. The world will not continue to send the US its goods for worthless pieces of paper. We desperately need a President that will not be influenced by the Political class which includes the RJC. Our only choice is Trump.