web analytics
September 29, 2016 / 26 Elul, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘incitement’

Police Foil Stabbing Attempt by 18-Year-old Hebron Terrorist

Saturday, December 5th, 2015

Another stabbing attack was prevented by Israeli security forces Saturday afternoon when an 18-year-old Hebron woman was caught with a knife in her hands at a checkpoint.

Border Police were conducting searches when they saw her with a knife, and she was arrested without any shots being fired.

The number of young female terrorists has risen sharply since the latest wave of escalating violence and reflects a generation or orchestrated incitement by the Palestinian Authority school system and media.

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has stated that the phenomenon of the “lone terrorist” is not going to disappear quickly.

Israeli’s best defense against attacks that are not carried out by organized terror cells is total alertness by civilians, police and soldiers.

Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu

Palestinian Authority Media Silent on Arrest of Duma Terror Suspects

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

UPDATE: Following the report below, the Ma’an News Agency reported on the arrests. The Palestinian Authority website WAFA continued to ignore them.

The Palestinian Authority has found a new form of incitement by simply ignoring any news that might tone it down.

Palestinian Authority propaganda hit a new low Thursday with a self-imposed gag order on the arrests of suspects of last July’s deadly arson attack of the Dawabsheh family in the village of Duma.

Arab media have turned the attack and lack of arrests of suspects into a cause célèbre. Sayeed Arikat, who covers the U.S. State Dept. for the Al Quds newspaper, has raised the issue almost every week.

Before there was news of this morning’s arrests, he reminded spokesman Mark Toner Wednesday of the lack of progress in the case, took the opportunity to criticize a court at the last minute labeled as “insane” a main suspect in the barbaric burning of a Jerusalem Arab teenager earlier this year, and complained of a “double standard” by Israel’s policy of destroying Arab terrorists’ homes but not those of Jewish terrorists.

Neither he nor Toner noted that destroying homes is a deterrent to terror and that the ratio of Jewish terrorists to Palestinian Authority terrorists is something like one Jew and several thousand Arabs.

WAFA, the official Palestinian Authority website, ignored the arrests this morning and instead quoted Nickolay Mladenov, U.N. Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, as saying said Wednesday:

Four months have passed since the arson attack against the Dawabsha family in the village of Duma in the occupied West Bank on 31 July.

The English website of the Ma’an News Agency, based in Bethlehem and widely quoted by foreign media, also ignored the arrests Thursday, well after a gag order was released.

It simply paraphrased the WAFA report, emphasizing the U.N. official’s remarks.

The report was updated Thursday afternoon and not only omitted any reference to the arrests but also continued to falsely report, “The perpetrators of the attack have still not been arrested by Israeli authorities.”

Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu

Palestinian Authority Government Incites Arab Women in Media Campaign

Tuesday, December 1st, 2015

The Palestinian Authority government is now actively targeting Arab women in a new media campaign, the Palestinian Media Watch organization warns.

In this latest campaign, according to the PA Minister of Women’s Affairs, women in the Palestinian Authority are “different” from all others. Minister Haifa Al-Agha, herself a woman, extolled their “uniqueness” in an interview translated by PMW.

The Arab woman living in the Palestinian Authority is differentiated “from the women of the world as [only] she receives the news of her son’s Martyrdom with cries of joy,” Al-Agha told the Al-Hayat Al-Jadida in its November 7 edition.

“By praising mothers for their ‘cries of joy’ Minister Al-Agha is sending a message to PA society to attack Israelis without fear of death because Martyrdom for Allah is said to be the highest value and highest achievable status,” the PMW pointed out in a bulletin.

The minister also added the such women are noteworthy not only because they celebrate death, but because they also fight, praising their “significant presence in the field and battle arenas.”

In the current wave of terror, there have been a number of cases – including one this morning (Tuesday, Dec. 1) – in which Arab women and girls have attacked, or attempted to attack Israelis. Some, including those as young as 14 years old, have succeeded and a few have managed to murder people.

Hana Levi Julian

Google Denies Reaching Anti-Incitement Agreement with Israeli FM

Tuesday, December 1st, 2015

(JNi.media) Google denied a report from Israel’s foreign ministry regarding an agreement to monitor YouTube videos to prevent messages that incite attacks. A Google spokesman told AFP that Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely (Likud) had, indeed, met with Google’s senior counsel for public policy, Juniper Downs, and YouTube chief executive Susan Wojcicki, but the meeting was just “one of many that we have with policymakers from different countries to explain our policies on controversial content, flagging and removals.” When Google discovered the inaccurate statement on the Foreign Ministry’s website, they contacted the ministry which “has corrected its original announcement which, in error, suggested there had been an agreement with Google to establish a mechanism to monitor online materials.”

The Foreign Ministry’s Nov. 24 statement has since been altered, and it now reads: “As part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ campaign against online incitement, Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely met with Youtube CEO Susan Wojcicki and with Jennifer Downes, Director of Public Policy at Google at the company’s Silicon Valley offices.

“Deputy Minister Hotovely was briefed on the companies’ system for identifying video clips which incite to violence.

“In the meetings, Hotovely raised the problem of incitement which goads small children to go out and stab innocents: ‘The daily stabbings in Israel are a result of young boys and girls who are indoctrinated from an early age in the Palestinian education system and through social media. We are engaged daily in confronting incitement to violence, a task which can benefit greatly from the cooperation of those companies that are involved in social media.’”

Foreign ministry spokesperson Emmanuel Nahshon confirmed the release was corrected, saying Israel was nevertheless “extremely grateful for the good relations with Google. Our common objective is to remove dangerous incitement to violence on social media. We have full confidence in the Google teams dealing with this removal.”

JNi.Media

DM Ya’alon Says Israel is Prepared for Escalation in Terror Attacks

Monday, November 30th, 2015

Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee at a meeting on Monday that the IDF is prepared to deal with an escalation in the current wave of terror.

“We haven’t seen any changes in the wave of terrorism,” Ya’alon said in remarks at the opening of the meeting. “It is mostly attacks by individuals. [But] the wave of terror is not subsiding, nor is it being curbed in any way.” He added that the IDF is prepared for an escalation in attacks.

Ya’alon repeated the remarks later in the day when visiting the IDF Induction Center at Tel Hashomer to mark the November draft, noting that there is “hardly a day without a terror attack.”

He went even farther at this briefing, telling reporters that he hoped “the Palestinian Authority gets a grip on itself.” The Defense Minister said he also hoped the PA would go beyond its recent steps of “controlling rioting on the ground, and start condemning the attacks, and cease the blood libels according to which we allegedly are executing those we kill with a knife in their hands, and [instead] they claim we plant the knife afterwards.”

Ya’alon underlined his concern about the PA government’s incitement, and support for Arab media incitement to carry out terror attacks. That incitement, he said, is continuing despite condemnation by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and others.

“I hope they start condemning these attacks. It threatens [the PA] and the survivability of the [Palestinian] Authority more than it does us.

“In the meantime, we are continuing to take many steps,” he added. “Our beefed-up forces are working day and night: carrying out arrests in certain areas and when an attack occurs, the place where it came from is closed, [whether it be a] village or neighborhood. Homes are prepared for demolition.”

Hana Levi Julian

In Wake of New Intifada Netanyahu Cabinet Reevaluating Letting the Palestinian Authority Collapse

Friday, November 27th, 2015

(JNi.media) The Palestinian Authority’s security forces have foiled more than a hundred attacks since October 1, Walla reported on Thursday. Those attacks were at various levels of planning and execution, and in most cases it amounted to teenagers posting on the social networks they were going out to kill Jews, only to be arrested between their home and the nearest IDF checkpoint. It didn’t require great sleuth work, but the PA preventive action spared lives, including the lives of the young perpetrators.

Of course, the same Palestinian Authority generated the heated incitement to violence in its delusional “save Al-Aqsa” campaign, which began and egged on those sporadic outbursts in the first place. It’s the same Authority which has been defying almost every part of the Oslo peace accords, organizing terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians (most recently at Joseph’s Tomb in Shechem), seeking statehood via the UN, fueling boycott drives against Israel, and now taking Israel to the International Criminal Court.

When it meets their own interests, the PA security apparatus occasionally works to locate and transfer illegal weapons to the Israeli authorities, and in particular, arresting Hamas and Islamic Jihad activists, in part to keep them safe from the IDF, in part to keep Hamas from taking over the PA. On Thursday, the Hamas website reported that the Palestinian General Intelligence and Preventive Security forces arrested four Arabs because of their “political affiliation.”

It means the PA is only selectively delivering a service it was intended to deliver in full in the original peace accords—becoming a buffer between Israel and Arab terrorism. There’s a lot else that’s wrong with the PA—it could be democratic, it could work to improve the lives of its residents, it could encourage Israeli-Arab business enterprises, it could educate against anti-Semitic incitement instead of initiating and spreading it, but in the end the PA performs only some of its security mission some of the time.

Which is why, according to Ha’aretz, the Netanyahu cabinet spent the better part of Wednesday, following Secretary of State Kerry’s failed “stop the violence” visit, discussing the possibility of the collapse of the Palestinian Authority, and whether or not Israel should stand in the way of such a collapse. A few ministers, most likely from the Bayit Yehudi coalition partner, argued that not having the PA is better than having it, advocating a laisez faire approach to the already self-destructing Authority.

Netanyahu convened his Cabinet based on information that the Palestinians are on the warpath against Israel in the international arena following Kerry’s failed efforts to squeeze some gestures out of Israel to calm the situation. Israel learned that the Palestinians are working on a UN resolution, either in the Security Council or the General Assembly, calling for international protection for the people of “the occupied Palestinian state.” Other intelligence suggests the PLO will rescind its 1993 recognition of the State of Israel, the very foundation of the Oslo Accords.

As mentioned above, the ministers also examined a scenario of the collapse of the Palestinian Authority. The theme was not a willful dismantling of the PA by its chairman Mahmoud Abbas—a move he has threatened but no one takes seriously. The real possibility on the cabinet’s table was a combination of IDF pressure to curb terrorism, including curfews, limits on Arab transportation, and frequent checkpoints, coupled with an already weak economy, ushering in the PA’s collapse.

The IDF and Shin Bet representatives at the meeting were adamant against allowing such events to happen and warned against their civil and military implications.

However, according to a senior official who participated in the meeting and then informed Ha’aretz, some cabinet ministers, whose names he refused to mention, argued that the collapse of the PA may actually serve Israeli interests rather than harm them, and therefore Israel should not act to prevent such a scenario from materializing. Those same ministers argued that perhaps what the Palestinians are doing internationally and domestically against Israel today is more harmful than whatever awaits the Jewish State once there is no more Palestinian Authority.

JNi.Media

Abbas Tells Kerry No One Can Stop Violence – at Same Time PA Promotes It

Thursday, November 26th, 2015

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has ended his three-day trip to Israel by listening to a claim by Mahmoud Abbas that no one can stop “lone wolf” terrorists, while at the same time the Palestinian Authority continues to incite violence.

Kerry met with the Palestinian Authority chairman in Ramallah on Wednesday and restricted his comments in public to saying that he is doing what he can “to try to help contribute to calm and to restore people’s confidence in the ability of a two-state solution to still be viable.”

Arab media said that Abbas told Kerry that no one can stop terror attacks carried out by individuals acting on their own.

The same day, the official Palestinian Authority WAFA website again did its best to promote hate and violence instead of stopping it.

It reported:

Israeli settlers and rabbis Wednesday broke into the courtyards of al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem, fueling tension at the site, according to WAFA correspondent.

He said Jewish hard-liners and rabbis stormed and toured al-Aqsa Mosque compound in the morning, provoking tension with Palestinian worshipers who chanted religious slogans in defiance of the Jewish entry.

Meanwhile, Israeli police continued to impose restriction on the entry of Palestinians into the site, especially women and youth, reserving their identity cards prior to their entry.

WAFA also promoted the blatant lie that “Israel was planning to enforce a temporal division of the mosque between Muslims and Jews.” It added, “Palestinians worry that if Jewish visitors were allowed to pray in the holy al-Aqsa Mosque, it would eventually lead to a permanent change which will result in full Israeli control and ban on Muslims’ prayer.”

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told The JewishPress.com Thursday that no restrictions were placed on Arabs and that there were no clashes.

Israeli police routinely throw off the Temple Mount any Jew, or Christian, who even looks like he is praying, and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu took the unprecedented step earlier this month to publicly announce that Jews may not pray there.

Kerry does not read WAFA. He reads only what his underlings feed him, which is what he wants to read so he can ignore incitement and can draw his own conclusions, such as he did yesterday:

We had a long and very constructive and serious conversation with President Abbas, and I want to say that I know that the situation for Palestinians in the West Bank, in Jerusalem, in Gaza is, at this moment, very dire, that there are extraordinary concerns, obviously, about the violence.

 

 

Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/abbas-tells-kerry-no-one-can-stop-violence-at-same-time-pa-promotes-it/2015/11/26/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: