web analytics
October 10, 2015 / 27 Tishri, 5776
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Jerusalem’

Netanyahu: We Will Defeat This Wave of Terrorism

Monday, October 5th, 2015

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu praised the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) Monday night for the arrests of the murderers of Rabbi and Naama Henkin last week and vowed, “Just as we defeated previous waves of terrorism, we will defeat this one as well.”

The Prime Minister stated:

I would like to commend the ISA personnel who solved the terrible murder of the Henkins near Nablus [Shechem]. They acted very quickly and also apprehended the murderers. We are acting with a strong hand against terrorism and against inciters.

We are operating on all fronts. We have brought an additional four IDF battalions into Judea and Samaria, and thousands of police into Jerusalem. The police are going deeply into the Arab neighborhoods, which has not been done in the past.

Prime Minister Netanyahu and the Security Cabinet are meeting in emergency session Monday night, after the Shemini Azeret-Simchat Torah holiday, to approve strong measures that reverse previous orders that restricted soldiers trying to protect themselves and civilians from terrorists, armed with everything from rocks to rifles and bombs.

He said:

We will demolish terrorists’ homes.

We are allowing our forces to take strong action against those who throw rocks and firebombs…. We are not prepared to give immunity to any rioter, inciter or terrorist anywhere;

Therefore, there are no restrictions on the action of our security forces. We will also lift restrictions regarding action against inciters. We will act against the Islamic Movement which, together with Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, is the main source of incitement.

We are in a difficult struggle but one thing should be clear – we will win. Just as we defeated previous waves of terrorism, we will defeat this one as well.

Politically Correct: US Condemns ‘Tragic Stabbings in Jerusalem’

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

The U.S. State Dept. once again has condemned the murders of Jews by Jerusalem and Palestinian Authority Arabs without using the politically incorrect word “terror.”

A statement from Washington declared:

The United States strongly condemns all acts of violence, including the ‎tragic stabbing in the Old City of Jerusalem today that left two victims dead and two injured.

We call for all perpetrators of violence to be swiftly brought to justice.

We are very concerned about mounting tensions in the West Bank and Jerusalem, including the Haram al Sharif/Temple Mount, and call on all sides to take affirmative steps to restore calm and avoid escalating the situation.

The Funerals of Nechemiah Lavi & Aharon Benita

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

Nechemiah Lavi and Aharon Benita were murdered by an Arab terrorist on Saturday night in the Old City of Jerusalem.

The funeral of Nechemiah Lavi on October 4, 2015:

Nechemiah Lavi Funeral

Nechemiah Lavi Funeral 3

Funeral of Aharon Benita on October 4, 2015:

Aharon Benita Funeral 1

Aharon Benita Funeral 2

Palestinian Authority Calls on UN to Act against ‘Israeli Violence’

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

The Palestinian Authority has finally issued a condemnation of violence, but it restricted its statement Israel and called on the United Nations to act to stop what it called Israeli violence.

A statement on the Palestinian Authority’s official WAFA website said in Arabic:

The government demanded in a statement on Sunday, the international community and organizations of the United Nations, to intervene to compel Israel to cease its violations in the Palestinian territory, the latest of which was the killing of two young men in the occupied city of Jerusalem, and a series of incursions into the cities and villages of the West Bank, and settler attacks last night on the villages of the West to the protection of the occupation army , and wounding a number of citizens.

Without one word of denunciation of the two Arab terrorist attacks Thursday and Saturday night that killed four Jews, Palestinian Authority spokesman Ihab Accord Bseiso charged on WAFA that Israel’s “escalatory policy comes within the framework of the efforts of the Israeli government aimed at undermining the Palestinian and international political efforts and the efforts of the destruction of the two-state solution, and dragging the region into a new spiral of violence.”

He said the solution is simple:

End the Israeli occupation of our land Palestinian territories, and the establishment of our independent state on the 1967 borders with its capital in East Jerusalem.

Fatah spokesman Ahmed Assaf stated, “The time has come to end the occupation and to achieve independence.” He said that “we have sacrificed people and we are prepared to sacrifice more.”

Senior Hamas Official: Time Ripe for 3rd Intifada

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

(JNi.media) Mahmoud al-Zahar, a senior Hamas official, said that the conditions are ripe for a new intifada against Israel, but, unfortunately, the Palestinian Authority prevents it and uses its security forces to block the emerging uprising. In an interview with Hamas’ website, Al-Zahar said that the only way to protect the Al Aqsa mosque would be with the Arabs in Judea and Samaria and Jerusalem taking up weapons, but, as he put it, the sad reality is that these weapons are being used to protect the settlers.

“The image of Palestinians from the West Bank and Jerusalem throwing stones and Molotov cocktails has dealt a blow to the occupier,” Al-Zahar said.

So far, no Palestinian Authority officials have condemned the murders of Jews by Arabs in the past three days in Jerusalem.

Saeb Erekat, one of the Palestinian Authority negotiators of the Oslo accords and chief of the PLO Steering and Monitoring Committee until 2011, told Radio Palestine Sunday, following the lethal stabbing incidents in Jerusalem: “The events remind us of September 2000. Israel’s isolation is causing it to take forceful measures. Experience shows that you cannot deprive the Palestinians of their freedom by force.”

Erekat added: “We are in contact with leaders in the Arab international world, to prevent a large Israeli operation. We are preparing to convene the Palestinian leadership soon to start implementing the declarations stated in the Abbas [UN] speech.”

Hatzalah Volunteer on Scene Recounts Saturday Night Terror Attack

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

Zev Sofer, EMT and head of United Hatzalah’s ambucycle unit, a veteran in mass casualty incidents and terrorist attacks, responded with other United Hatzalah volunteers to last night’s (October 3rd) terror attack near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem’s Old City. After arriving on the scene Sofer and his team performed a quick survey of the area and immediately began treatment.

Zev Sofer described the scene in his own words:

“I arrived to Damascus Gate three minutes after the call and entered through the gate. Everything happened really fast. 50 meters inside I saw a man on the floor not breathing. He didn’t have a pulse and had a stab wound over his heart. We immediately began CPR. Next we found a toddler who was alive, awake and crying. He had a penetrating wound on his right leg, we bandaged the wound and he was taken to be transported by ambulance to the hospital. Then we found another man with a stab wound next to his heart who we started CPR on. Right after that we found the body of the terrorist, he had a gun next to his body and he was clearly dead. Then we saw a policewoman holding a little baby. She was about six months old, and thank God I saw she was uninjured. Then we saw a woman, she was conscious and awake but in shock and had multiple stab wounds. We treated her wounds, gave her oxygen, and started an IV for blood loss.

I came with 20 other volunteers including a doctor and paramedics from the United Hatzalah ambucycle unit. Because many volunteers know the Old City, and the ambucycles let us navigate small alleyways, we were able to get to the right place very fast. There was good teamwork and each victim had about five volunteers helping them. We know there was not a lot we could do for the two men but we tried to do everything we could. The toddler was taken to the hospital. The woman was also transported to the hospital and is in critical condition. After everything, two volunteers and our doctor took the baby to her family and spoke with them about the incident.”

Hatzalah in Old City

At the writing of the update the names of the two Israeli’s killed in the attack have been released. They are Nehemia Lavi, 41 and Aharon Benet, 22.

Israeli Arab MK Zoabi Says ‘No Place for Jews at Temple Mount’

Sunday, October 4th, 2015

Israeli Arab Knesset member Hanin Zoabi says Jews should be banned from the Temple Mount.

The Arab lawmaker, a member of the Joint Arab List, told the Hebrew-language Makor Rishon weekly newspaper in an interview there is no proof Jews have a connection to the site. “The name is al-Aqsa, not the Temple Mount, and there is nothing there for Jews,” Zoabi said in the interview, published Friday.

“It’s a place for Muslims only, according to all the agreements signed after the occupation of Jerusalem, and the agreements between Jordan and Israel. The Israelis understood that they occupied Jerusalem but are not allowed to occupy Al-Aqsa; now they are trying to occupy Al-Aqsa too.”

In response to a query as to whether she accepts the Biblical account that two Jewish holy temples existed on the site, Zoabi brushed the issue aside.

“The temple is not part of the political reality in which we live. This is what was in the past. In the past they also used to call the entire homeland Palestine. Today there is occupation and there is Al-Aqsa, and it’s a place of prayer for Muslims only. Additionally, the existence of the temple is not verified scientifically.”

As for security regulations limiting entry to the grounds to Arabs with Israeli identity cards and over a certain age – since it is usually the younger Muslims who riot at the site – Zoabi denounced the defensive measures.

“As far as we are concerned it’s a declaration of war,” she said, adding that such restrictions by police were “an attempt to change the historical definition of Al-Aqsa, despite the fact that Al-Aqsa was not occupied until now and was made exempt from the 1967 occupation.”

Where in Jerusalem should Jews pray? Zoabi was asked.

Her response: “I don’t know, I am not an historian, but in any case there is no place for Jews at Al-Aqsa.”

Her colleage in the Joint Arab List, MK Jamal Zahalka, yelled a similar contention during his hysterical frenzy while confronting a Jewish group visiting the site and the police escort protecting them last week.

Jews, she said, can “keep on dreaming. They should not act against the Palestinians, they should let Muslims pray in their holy sites and not act as racists and invaders.”

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu pointed out in a comment recently that the status quo in which Israel allows Muslims to “pray in their holy sites” is changed once such “worshipers” instead stockpile rocks, firebombs (Molotov cocktails), pipe bombs, firecrackers and other explosive ammunition within their house of worship to be used as weapons against police and visitors to the grounds around the mosque.

Israeli security personnel entered the mosque after receiving intelligence that such ammunition was being stockpiled in Al Aqsa and did in fact find such caches a number of times in the past several weeks.

Ongoing violence and harassment by Muslim Arabs on site aimed at police and visitors to the Temple Mount grounds has forced the Israeli government to issue security restrictions on which Muslims can enter the area.

The most recent security restriction was implemented Sunday morning (Oct. 4) after two rabbis were murdered and a young mother and her baby were seriously wounded, and a 15-year-old Jewish teen was stabbed just a few hours earlier in deadly terror attacks nearby.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/israeli-arab-mk-zoabi-says-no-place-for-jews-at-temple-mount/2015/10/04/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: