web analytics
November 21, 2014 / 28 Heshvan, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘Abu Mazen’

Abu Mazen, Mashal Meet in Qatar

Monday, July 21st, 2014

Palestinian Authority President Abu Mazen met Monday with his senior coalition partner, chief Hamas Terrorist Khaled Mashal, to discuss ceasefire options in Gaza. Meeting in Doha, Qatar, Israel Radio reported that Abu Mazen told Mashal that Hamas should accept the Egyptian ceasefire proposal.

The report cited the Palestinian Ma’an newswire, which suggested the international community oversee the ceasefire as well as guarantee the lifting of the blockade of Gaza.

 

Even Abu Mazen Blames Hamas

Friday, July 18th, 2014

Hamas spokespeople in Gaza warned Friday there would be “serious consequences” to Israel’s ground invasion of Gaza, saying the organization would continue to bombard Israeli cities and “looked forward” to kidnapping and killing IDF soldiers.

Organization spokesperson Sami Abu Zouri said that by initiating a ground invasion, Israel “tore the Egyptian ceasefire agreement to shreds.” He failed to mention the small detail that Israel originally accepted the ceasefire deal, whereas his organization rejected it out of hand.

Notably, even Palestinian Authority President Abu Mazen accused Hamas for the current round of fighting. Speaking to reporters in Cairo, where he had been meeting with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi in an attempt to secure a ceasefire, Abu Mazen said he was dismayed and shocked that Hamas did not accept the Egyptian-brokered deal, and said that Palestinian Islamic Jihad - a rival terror group terror gang to Hamas in the Strip – had shown willingness to take the deal.

Israel Radio also reported that Abu Mazen said the Rafiah border to Egypt would only open in accordance with the Borders Arrangement, signed between the PA, United States,European Union and Israel. The agreement calls for PA troops to administer the crossing, with Israel maintaining the right to monitor the crossing “from afar.” Hamas is not a party to that agreement.

Palestinian human rights groups say at least 80 percent of the casualties in Gaza have been civilians. IDF officials say that number is approximately half, but they stress the fact that Hamas uses women and children as human shields to ensure a civilian death toll.

Abbas Looking for Ceasefire

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014

Palestinian Authority President Abu Mazen said Wednesday that he will spend the next few days trying to convince the international community to broker a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas.

Thursday, the PA leader will visit Cairo to discuss President Abed Fattah el-Sisi’s ceasefire initiative, which was rejected yesterday by Hamas. From there, he will continue on to Turkey, where he will hold talks with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Abu Mazen has accused Israel of “genocide” during the current air campaign in Gaza. Erdoğan said earlier this week that Israel employs “state terrorism.”

Islamic Jihad Commander Killed in Northern Gaza

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014

One of the commanders of the Islamic Jihad military wing was killed Tuesday night in an IAF air strike in the northern Gaza town of Beit Hanoun. Local sources reported that five members of his family were also casualties in the attack.

Encouraging one’s family to remain in a war zone and to act as human shields comes in accordance with standard Gaza terrorist policy. It is also the result of the constant incitement and psychological conditioning that Palestinian Authority residents are subjected to from birth to the grave via all their media outlets — including those controlled by the Western-backed so-called ‘peace partner’ and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas, whose nom de guerre is Abu Mazen.

Abbas, who signed a unity pact with Hamas in May, has yet to denounce the agreement despite ample evidence — and stated intent — of the terrorist group’s goal of annihilating the State of Israel. The United States continues to endorse the Palestinian Authority unity government (PUG) but denies Hamas is a participant in that government, despite numerous photos documenting its membership.

 Fatah TV Warns Israelis: “All you’ll get from us is death”

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014

Only four days after the kidnapping of Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel, a Palestinian Authority television station broadcast an video produced by the Abu Mazen’s Fatah movement promising Israelis “Death is near.”

According to Palestinian Media Watch, the official Fatah Facebook posted the video, which promotes violence and destruction in the name of Allah, on June 16. The song calls on Palestinian youth to “smash the fortress of the hopeless” and “shout: ‘Allah is Greater’” and states that “the remains of our bodies and our blood are a song of rage.”

PMW says the Fatah military wing, known as the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, describes Israel as “the rival in the land who burns the foreign enemy” and who will “reach the enemy everywhere.” Israelis and/or Jews are addressed directly and promised death:

“Stop and consider, sons of Zion, that death is near…

All you’ll get from us is death

Stop and consider a thousand times

That a revolution sparks with a flame

Fatah is like a rock, whose soldiers love to fight”

In addition, the video features video images of Palestinian fighters holding weapons and fighting Israelis. The video also shows pictures of grieving Israelis, a wounded Israeli soldier and Israeli medics with a stretcher at the scene of a terror attack.

Palestinians Want UN Session on Israeli ‘Aggression’

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014

Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel may now be in their 10th day of illegal captivity, but Palestinians from Palestinian Authority Chairman Abu Mazen on down have turned the boys’ abduction into the latest chapter in the 66-year Palestinian victimisation story.

Israeli leftists continue to promote Mahmoud Abbas’ “denunciation” of abduction last week in Saudi Arabia, and to criticise Prime Minister Netanyahu for moving to break up the Fatah-Hamas unity government.

But Israel’s “peace partner” is trying to organize an emergency session of the UN Security Council to discuss “Israeli aggression” – with “aggression” being Israel’s manhunt for the missing children.

According to a report on Israel Radio, Palestinian spokespeople said the “aggresssion” would not win the boys’ release and would only contribute to the “negative atmosphere in the region.”

In addition, the PA Ma’an news service reported that Khaled Quzmar, a legal adviser at Defense for Children International-Palestine, stressed that Israel bears full responsibility for the kidnapping, because Jerusalem “has endangered the lives of its own children by transferring them to zones under military occupation.”

“These children went missing in a settlement, which is internationally recognized as being illegal and in occupied lands. The responsibility lies with the Israeli government which brought these children to an illegal settlement built on occupied lands,” Quzmar argued.

PA Foreign Minister: Was the kidnapping a farce?

In addition, the Times of Israel reported that Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Maliki – who answers directly to Chairman Abu Mazen – said Sunday that Israel might have staged the boys’ abduction in order to deflect international criticism.

The Times’ report quoted Maliki:“In the absence of proof, there are three possible scenarios for the issue: The kidnapping could be a childish game on the part of Israel to draw attention to it, it could be part of a larger game to turn the Israelis from aggressors to victims, or maybe they were really kidnapped,” Maliki said.

The Palestinian Foreign Minister also floated the possibility that the yeshiva students could have been nabbed by “Jewish criminals, Palestinian criminals or Palestinian-Jewish criminals” who carried out the kidnapping “for their own personal goals.”

Lastly, the abduction could have also been carried out by ‘various Palestinian factions,’” Maliki said.

 

Abu Mazen Denounces Manhunt, Condemns Israel

Thursday, June 19th, 2014

A day after calling on the kidnappers of Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel to free the hostages, Palestinian Authority Chairman and chief Holocaust Denier Abu Mazen accused Israel Thursday of using the “disappearance of three settlers” to hit the Palestinians with ” collective punishment.”

According to Israel Radio,  Abu Mazen’s bureau released a statement saying Israel’s manhunt to find Eyal Yifrah, Gil-Ad Shayer and Naftali Frenkel is “illegitimate and contributes to a negative attitude.”

The author of The Other Side: the Secret Relationship Between Nazism and Zionism (1982, Oriental College of Moscow) also  said the PA is maintaining communication with PLO offices around the world in order to shed light on Israel’s “racist attack,” and called on the international community stop Israel’s “immoral, illegitimate policy” and not to suffice with mere denunciations.

 

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/abu-mazen-denounces-manhunt-condemns-israel/2014/06/19/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: