The Arab League is moving closer to forming a joint Arab armed force, according to Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri.
“Technical teams are already working to develop a vision to establish a joint Arab force, and this will be ready within the next four months,” he said in a report by Asharq Al-Awsat.
“We need to find a way to return legitimacy and restore stability to Yemen,” Shukri added.
The war in Yemen has galvanized the Arab world against Iran, which is Persian and not part of the Arab League.
The Iranian-backed Houthis received a boost Monday with the announcement of deposed Yemini president Ali Abdullah that he supports Houthi militias
“I was not an ally of Ansar Allah Saleh [the Houthis] but today I am announcing from this place that Yemenis will be supportive of anyone who defends the nation’s resources,” he said a day after Saudi-led forces bombed Saleh’s house in the capital.
Saleh previously has denied affiliation with the Houthis, but Yemeni president Abdrabbu Mansour Hadi has said he believes that fighters aligned with Saleh have joined forces with the rebels.
The war in Yemen is critical for Iran and Saudi Arabia, as well as the United States. A defeat of the Islamic Republic would be a blow to its imperialistic desires, but a victory would increase the threat to dominate the Middle East and control more of its oil supplies.
Iran has accused Saudi Arabia of launching a proxy war “on behalf of the United States, the Zionist regime and their western allies. Iranian senior military adviser to the regime, Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi, told the regime’s Press TV Monday:
In the past 15 years, attacking the Islamic nations and countries and introducing Islam and Muslims as a new threat have been among the objectives and plans of the Zionists, Americans and Europeans.”
Dominating Islamic countries, appointing dependent puppet rulers and dominating the oil resources of the countries are among other objectives of the wars in the region.
Saudi Arabia continued to attack Yemen on Monday, hours before a five-day humanitarian cease-fire is supposed to go into effect.