web analytics
June 27, 2016 / 21 Sivan, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘Yitzhar’

No Water in Multiple Shomron Towns

Saturday, June 25th, 2016

A number of towns in the Shomron, including Nofei Nechemia, Rechalim, Tapuach, Itamar, Migdalim, Alon MOreh, Yitzhar and Kedumim have found themselves without running water for at least 24 hours over the past week.

The water authorities are saying that the water demand has become too much for the existing infrastructure to handle.

Portable water trucks have been brought in to help meet the residents’ basic necessities.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Minor from Yitzhar Spent Shabbat in Jail

Saturday, June 25th, 2016

On Friday, the Petach Tikva magistrate court (Beit Mishpat Hashalom) ordered the 15-year-old boy from Yitzhar, who was arrested by police at 3 AM that morning, returned to his home.

The judge, Yael Blecher, strongly reprimanded the police for not bothering to even check with the appropriate child welfare services or even knowing what conditions the boy would have in the re-education farm he was being sent to.

The police, unwilling to accept the court’s decision turned to the District Court on Friday afternoon. That judge overturned the ruling, and had the minor sent to jail until Sunday.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Court Criticizes Police, Releases the Minor from Yitzhar

Friday, June 24th, 2016

The Magistrate’s court in Petach Tikvah had harsh words for the police today following their bizarre arrest this morning of a minor from his parents’ home in Yitzhar.

The 15-year-old boy, a recipient of an anti-democratic administrative distancing order, was forcibly removed him from his parents’ home at 3 AM this morning.

The police and the Shabak broke into the boy’s home, without a warrant, and took the boy away. He was not allowed to be accompanied by a parent as required by law. He was not allowed to take his personal items including his T’fillin. His parents’ had their phones confiscated during the arrest so they couldn’t contact their lawyers for assistance.

A hearing was called and the police demanded the Petach Tikva court allow them to keep the boy in jail for 3 days while they investigate why he didn’t leave his parents’ home as the IDF ordered.

The boy has no where to go if he is removed from his home.

The court told the police,

“The picture we’ve seen so far is unsatisfactory. It seems that not enough consideration [by the police] was given, if any at all, to the relevant welfare authorities. And certainly now that the police have arrested the boy, they [the welfare authorities] must now be made involved.”

The boy’s lawyer, Chai Haber from the Honeinu legal aid society, expressed gratitude that finally there was one sane voice of authority that realized that there are rules and laws to be followed, which the police did not do.

“We must remember that we are talking about a minor with no criminal record,” his lawyer said. Haber added the police were not only acting like “thought police” arresting the boy based on what they thought he might do, but treating him like an object that they could throw anywhere they want.

The court ordered the boy sent back to his home, under house arrest.

Update: The court also queried the police regarding the conditions the boy would have on the farm, including the availability of kosher food. The police said they were unable to answer the court’s questions, as they didn’t know the answers.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Liberman’s Office Sends Yitzhar Minor to Re-Education Camp

Friday, June 24th, 2016

At 3 AM Friday, the Shabak and police burst into the home of the 15-year-old minor from Yitzhar and arrested him. The boy had received an IDF administrative order expelling him from his parent’s home, but he had no where to go, and the boy’s family doesn’t even know why he is even being taken from their home.

The family told the Honeinu legal aid society that they were shown no warrant, and during the arrest, the police confiscated the parents’ phones so they couldn’t contact anyone for help.

The police refused to allow the father to accompany his son to wherever they are actually taking him – despite being required to do so by law.

The police also refused to allow the boy to take his T’fillin or personal effects.

The boy’s father said,

“To take a child of 15 who did nothing and demand to throw him into an unfamiliar location, without coordination with the family, this is step you do in a democracy? In the fifties, they kidnapped Yemenite children in the dark, and now are trying to remove children from home for re-education in broad daylight. The natural place for my son is at home. It’s inconceivable that from secret evidence that we have no idea what it says, a child has to leave his home.”

The IDF hasn’t given an explanation as to why the boy is being expelled from his home as well as all of Judea and Samaria, other than to say the 15-year-old is a threat to national security and has been involved in violent incidents against Arabs.

There’s been no court hearing, and the IDF refuses to present any of their evidence of the boy’s alleged activities to the boy’s lawyers or family, making it impossible for the lawyers to defend their client and fight the administrative order.

In the past month, the prosecution was forced to drop charges against two people the Shabak had arrested and held for weeks while not permitting them to see their lawyers. One of those arrested reports that he was tortured. The charges were dropped because they were innocent. In those cases too, secret evidence was used to justify their arrest.

Last month, Meir Ettinger was released after being held for 8 months in solitary confinement. Again, based on secret evidence, which apparently included his publicly posted blog.

In a letter sent yesterday to the minor’s lawyers, IDF Major Yizhar Yitzhaki, head of the human rights department in the military prosecution wrote that the minor will be sent to a farm in the south, there will “a bed to sleep on, food and sanitary services as required.”

And apparently re-education.

The family doesn’t know the owners of the farm, and no one from this farm has contacted the family. The family doesn’t even know if the farm has agreed to take their son, and if it’s legal for them to do so against the parent’s wishes.

According to Honeinu, a hearing will take place in the Petah Tikva Magistrates Court sometime today.

Nor is this the only case in question.

There is another minor, from Eli, who reviewed an administrative distancing order from Judea and Samaria, as well as an additional administrative order placing him under house arrest at night. As his home is in Samaria and he can’t go home, the IDF has decided to also send this boy to the re-education farm down south. The boy’s family has no way of fighting the decree, as the evidence against the boy is secret.

If anyone had any hope that under Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman, the IDF’s anti-democratic “administration orders” policies would be reviewed and cancelled, those hopes were certainly dashed this morning.

Jewish Press News Briefs

This Bench Belongs to the Minor from Yitzhar

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016

An Israeli Facebook campaign has going viral in the real world.

In response to the administrative expulsion order of a 15-year-old minor from his parents home in Yitzhar by GOC Home Front Command Chief Maj. Gen. Eyal Eisenberg, Israelis have been posting signs on benches around Israel that say, “This bench belongs to the minor from Yitzhar.

The young boy has no where else to go to if the army is allowed to throw him out from his parent’s home.

Signs have been posted on benches in Jerusalem, Netanya, Haifa, Rosh HaAyin, Migdal Emek and in additional cities in Israel. A sign has even been posted as far away as Brooklyn, NY.

The IDF hasn’t given an explanation as to why the boy is being expelled from his home as well as all of Judea and Samaria, other than to say the 15-year-old is a threat to national security and has been involved in violent incidents against Arabs.

It sounds like he’s quite the villain, yet if that’s the case, it’s not clear why he hasn’t been brought to trial and thrown in jail.

There’s been no court hearing, and the IDF refuses to present any of their evidence to the boy’s lawyers, making it impossible for the lawyers to defend their client and fight the administrative order.

There was hope that under the new Defense Minister, Avigdor Liberman, the anti-democratic “administrative orders” policies of Moshe Ya’alon would have stopped, but apparently that’s not the case.

Recently, 2 cases were closed against Israelis who were held for weeks in jail by the Shabak, without trial, without evidence, without lawyers and without any regard for their civil rights. They were eventually freed when the Shabak finally accepted the fact that the two were innocent.

You can join the bench campaign at the link.

Jewish Press News Briefs

15-Year-Old Must Leave Parents’ Settlement Home on Military Administrative Order

Monday, June 20th, 2016

GOC Home Front Command Chief Maj. Gen. Eyal Eisenberg on Sunday rejected a plea by the parents of a 15-year-old boy who had been ordered to leave his home three weeks ago by an administrative decree, one of the last such decrees issued under former Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon. Eisenberg ordered the minor to be out of his parents’ home and the community of Yitzhar in Samaria by 9 AM Monday.

The administrative order forbids the minor to set foot in Judea and Samaria, and he must observe a nightly curfew at the home of his grandparents, in Petach Tikvah. When it turned out that the Petach Tikvah address was not available, the minor received a temporary stay, pending the hearing on Sunday this week.

It should be noted that the administrative decree does not specify what past actions of the boy in question merited the expulsion from his home environment, other than a general statement about his being a threat to national security.

At the hearing, attorney Chai Haber from the legal aid society Honenu, told representatives of the Major General that his client had nowhere to go. He noted that it is next to impossible to get anyone to agree to board the minor because police are known to keep a close watch on curfew detainees and pay late-night visits to their addresses, knocking on doors and waking up entire neighborhoods.

The Major General’s response has been that the minor must nevertheless vacate his parents premises by 9 AM as ordered.

The minor’s father said on Monday morning, “My son has nowhere to go, he lives here, his family lives here, it’s inconceivable that one day they’d present him with an order of evacuation. The impact of such an expulsion on a minor are unacceptable. Who will take responsibility? Who will care for my child? The Major General sleeps well with his children in his home while my son is being thrown out to the street. We cannot accept this.”

David Israel

Annals of Crazy, The Sequel: Barred Teen Returns to Samaria Under House Arrest in Yitzhar

Sunday, June 5th, 2016

A teenage boy expelled from his home by the Civil Administration under orders by the Shin Bet intelligence agency (“Shabak”) is back for now.

The 15-year-old was also under orders not to talk to a 12-year-old neighbor and was expelled from the town in which he grew up, and both entire regions of Samaria and Judea.

It’s a little weird, the Honenu legal aid society pointed out.

But after a court battle on behalf of the boy, the Home Front Command responded to his attorney, Adi Kedar, that the teen will be allowed to remain under house arrest at his home at least until Tuesday, according to the Honenu civil rights organization.

It was last Tuesday that the teen received the restraining order forcing him out of the entire region of Judea and Samaria, including the home of his parents in Yitzhar.

He was also placed under house arrest at the home of his grandparents – but they vehemently refused to accept the task of becoming their grandson’s jailer. When it became clear that this condition was untenable, authorities and the family were granted 14 days in which to find an alternative.

But a placement has yet to be found. Who wants to be a jailer for a 15-year-old male who was raised free in the hills of Samaria?

The conditions expected of someone taking on the task of monitoring someone on house arrest are nothing to be trifled with. One can easily lose one’s employment having to fulfill such an obligation, not to mention one’s sanity.

Attorney Adi Kedar contacted Home Front Command in an urgent letter to inform the authorities that a placement has not yet been identified, and an extension of an additional 14 days must be granted in order to continue to seek a placement.

But Kedar also noted that the entire order is a violation of the teen’s civil rights and a violation of international conventions as well. He added a reminder that the minor in question was not arrested, but rather was arbitrarily ordered out of his parents’ home and out of the entire region at the decision of the commanders of the Jewish Department of the Shin Bet intelligence agency.

In response, the Home Front Command has said it will hold a hearing on the matter in the coming days.

Jewish Press News Briefs

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/annals-of-crazy-the-sequel-barred-teen-returns-to-samaria-under-house-arrest-in-yitzhar/2016/06/05/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: