Yesterday a bus in Tel Aviv blew up injuring as many as 16 innocent people by one count. Israeli sources are saying that it was a via a bomb planted on the bus. What was Hamas reaction? Approval. What was the reaction in the Arab Street? Great joy… as Palestinian mothers handed out candy to children. This is the people we are trying to make peace with.
That they still hate us is abundantly clear and is not going to change. As long as Israel has to take the kind of defensive measures being taken in Gaza, their anger will only increase. And the Hamas leadership in Gaza capitalizes on that anger to perpetuate the status quo… refusing to make any kind of peace with Israel.
About the Author: Harry Maryles runs the blog "Emes Ve-Emunah" which focuses on current events and issues that effect the Jewish world in general and Orthodoxy in particular. It discuses Hashkafa and news events of the day - from a Centrist perspctive and a philosphy of Torah U'Mada. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
- 1000+ Pack NBN Aliyah Fair in Times Square
on March 10, 2014 1:34 AM
- Alternative Right-Wing Conference w. Elder Statesmen, New Activists
on March 10, 2014 12:53 AM
- Mort Klein Re-Elected as ZOA President
on March 9, 2014 9:35 PM
- Senior Haredi Sefardi Rabbi Approves Going Up to Temple Mount
on March 9, 2014 5:07 PM
- Playoff Picture All Set
on March 9, 2014 4:03 PM
- Jewish Voice from Crimea: ‘Living in Readiness’
on March 9, 2014 2:11 PM
- Leftists and Palestinians Attack Jewish Olive Trees
on March 9, 2014 1:26 PM
- Abbas Says ‘No Way’ to Jewish State Recognition
on March 9, 2014 11:11 AM
- Wounded Ukrainian Jewish Protesters in Israel for Treatment
on March 9, 2014 11:09 AM
- Iran Accuses Israel of Faking Ship Raid
on March 8, 2014 9:19 PM
- RCA: We Don’t Proactively Seek to Reevaluate Past Conversions
on March 8, 2014 9:16 PM
- Canadian Judge Orders Law Enforcement to Apprehend Lev Tahor Children
on March 8, 2014 9:12 PM
- Jewish Groups Praise New EEOC Workplace Guidelines
on March 8, 2014 9:09 PM
- British Vets Want Ban on Ritual Slaughter
on March 7, 2014 2:00 PM
- Pope Francis Cancels Israel Trip
on March 7, 2014 12:52 PM