web analytics
March 5, 2015 / 14 Adar , 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘terror’

Dead Pilot’s Father Offers Condolences to Jordan’s King

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015

The father of murdered Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kasaesbeh on Wednesday called on the international community to wipe out the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and offered his condolences to King Abdullah II.

In an interview with Jordanian state-run television, Safi al-Kasaesbeh said that he had met with the Hashemite monarch twice since his son had been captured by ISIS on December 24. Once meeting included Crown Prince Hussein, the Jordan Times reported.

“The King told me he was following up personally on Muath’s case,” the pilot’s father told the interviewer. “He said ‘Crown Prince Hussein, may God protect him, is no dearer to me than Muath.’

“Today I offer my condolences to His Majesty over the death of his son Muath, and I implore the Almighty to grant his other son [Prince] Hussein long life,” he said.

The bereaved father added that his son was the son of all Jordan and all Jordanians, and that he “feels the loss at every Jordanian home.” Jordanians need to unite behind their leaders and military forces, he said, to fight terrorism and those who target Jordan.

Cleared for Publication: Another Israeli-Arab ISIS Recruit from Nazareth

Sunday, February 1st, 2015

Another Israeli Arab from Nazareth has been arrested on suspicion of joining the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terror organization.

It was cleared for publication today (Sunday, Feb. 1) that Mahran Yousef Hahkhmei Khalidi, age 20, was arrested three weeks ago in a joint operation by the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency or ISA) and Israel Police.

Khalidi was not the first to join ISIS from Nazareth, however: attorney Adnan al Adin, self-proclaimed “chief of ISIS in Israel” also was a resident of Nazareth and a public defender for the city until last July. He was fired after posting alleged Qur’anic proclamations and Hadiths against Jews on Facebook, and arrested late last year with the ISIS cell that he led.

Khalidi was indicted today in Nazareth District Court on charges of membership and participation in a banned organization, contact with a foreign agent for the purpose of joining a terror group, taking part in paramilitary training, illegal travel abroad and conducting property transactions with terrorists.

Equally disturbing is the news that Khalidi met at least three other Israeli Arabs in the ISIS training camp where he learned his battle skills. Mohammad Saber Kanana, Marwan Mohammad Kilani and Hamza Magamza – the latter having been arrested on similar charges upon his return to Israel – all learned together with Khalidi in the Yafia ISIS training camp.

Magamza was one of the first young Israelis to join ISIS, but returned to Turkey within two weeks after leaving his hotel with three friends and soon was arrested by local police and returned to Israeli authorities. Deputy Minister Ayoub Kara, who chairs a group monitoring religious extremism, said the group of four appeared to have been “disappointed” with what they found at the ISIS camp, and thus dropped their plans.

Some don’t get the chance to reconsider. One of the youths who ran off to join the ISIS terror group last October ended up fighting in Iraq and never made it back home. Ahmad Habashi’s family, who live near Nazareth, was bewildered, not understanding why their 23-year-old who had everything to live for, had decided instead to throw his life away.

Likewise Alkian Othman a Negev Bedouin medical doctor, working as a resident at Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon, suddenly disappeared and ran off to join ISIS last May. Othman had earned his medical degree in Jordan, where apparently he had also been recruited to the terrorist organization as well. A resident of the southern Israeli Bedouin town of Hura, he was slated to begin work in the fall at Be’er Sheva’s Soroka Medical Center, but instead he donated his life to terror and died for jihad.

Khalidi, meanwhile, reached his destination in early October 2014, also via Turkey and an ISIS contact on Facebook, who guided him to the border with Syria and an ISIS escort. He spent three weeks undergoing rigorous physical fitness workouts and learned how to patrol and use weapons before he was placed in a permanent post with other “newbies.”

Khalida wanted to serve in a special ops unit. But ISIS sent him to guard a base in Fallujah, Iraq instead, where he was further trained in advanced weaponry and drafted to active combat. Allegedly the Israeli recruit took part in five battles in Fallujah; he was wounded in a US-led coalition air strike while planting roadside bombs to hold off advancing Shi’ite forces. Fellow terrorists took him to an ISIS-controlled hospital in Fallujah, and three weeks later he was permitted to return to Syria to visit with his family.

It’s not clear when, how or why Khalidi returned to Israel, but upon landing at Ben Gurion International Airport he was greeted by security personnel who immediately took him into custody. Upon his arrest he confessed that it was ISIS material online in the social networking sites he visited, and ISIS-produced videos that had caught his eye and influenced his decision to travel and join the group.

Hamas ‘War Crimes Camp’ Graduates Trains 17,000 Teens for Terror

Friday, January 30th, 2015

Hamas, a member of the Palestinian Unity Government, has published photo proof of the terrorist organization committing war crimes by training thousands of teenagers in “military youth camps.”The Hamas version of the Boy Scouts dresses the children in military uniforms, preaches sermons of hate against Israel and for the “love of death,” and teaches skills they will need to lead them there, such as using assault weapons

The United Nations Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict (OPAC) specifically prohibits soldiers under the age of 18.

The Palestinian Authority has signed the Protocol, but it also has signed a bunch of other agreements, such as the Oslo Accords, that are as meaningful as pledges by its terrorists who signed on the dotted line on Israeli documents that they would not return to terror after being released.

Hamas does not have money to build homes for Gazans but there is plenty of cash to help the younger generation learn how to throw grenades and use Kalashnikov rifles.

A Hamas officer told The Washington Post the camps help keep the children off the streets..

“The camps are designed to answer the demands of the youth — to do something.” like training to annihilate Israel.

Hamas allowed one of the newspaper’s reporter into the camp for the graduation ceremonies.

Ahmed Ismail, 16, was quoted as saying:

I have received training on using weapons, especially rifles, and climbing on ropes, marching, shooting, rocket-propelled grenades and mortars. We also had practical training and got to shoot the Kalashnikovs.

I wish I could join Qassam Brigades now. I want to fight Israel. I want to kick them out of our land. I am ready now.

An Israeli officer briefed the reporter in Israel and said, “Hamas is making plenty of rockets” and will be armed to the teeth in a few months. staffed in a few months.

“On the military side, they’re ready to go today,” he added.

Hamas youth and Israel face the same future — war, unless  the new generation one day realizes their real enemies are the preachers of hate.

US ‘Condemns’ Hezbollah Attack on IDF

Thursday, January 29th, 2015

Secretary of State spokesperson Jen Psaki issued a statement on behalf of the United States late Wednesday night (Israel time) strongly condemning Hezbollah’s attack from Lebanon on “IDF forces.”

Israel’s “greatest friend and ally” correctly the attack was a violation of the ceasefire agreement that ended the 2006 Second Lebanon War but failed to say that in fact the attack was not directed solely at Israel’s army but rather at Israeli civilians as well. It was directed at all Israelis.

Six deadly missiles were fired into northern Israeli territory from a distance of approximately three kilometers deep into southern Lebanon, reaching at least two kilometers into northern Israel. They struck a convoy in which civilian vehicles were traveling as well as two completely unprotected IDF jeeps that were clearly not armored and not intended for military conflict.

Two IDF soldiers were killed, two IDF vehicles were incinerated, and seven other soldiers were wounded. Civilians in the cars that followed were severely traumatized and a few were injured. A civilian home in a Druze village, Ghajar, also was struck by a missile, caught fire and was destroyed. That civilian family is now homeless and other civilians in that village and others were also severely traumatized by the attack and the battle that followed, which also cost a UNIFIL peacekeeper from Spain his life.

This was not a military operation aimed at military engagement. This was a terrorist attack on a random target traveling on a civilian road and a random civilian home in a civilian village. Hezbollah was aiming at civilians, in fact.

The United States has deliberately chosen to ignore these inconvenient and uncomfortable facts in its statement of condemnation. Also missing from the statement is the word “terror.”

That’s odd, since Hezbollah appears on the U.S. list of foreign terrorist organizations but then again, the Obama administration has from the start refused to use the term “Islamist” when discussing terror. Instead it refers to “radical extremism” or “extremist attacks.”

The terms make no sense since extremism cannot be anything other than radical and none of the attacks that have taken place in the past six years of the Obama administration have been associated with anything else other than radical Islamist terror groups. The policy is disingenuous at best.

Perhaps the real issue is connected to Iran and its current round of talks with world powers over “limiting” its nuclear development activities. As if Tehnran actually intends to honestly comply with such an agreement, even if one is reached.

Here’s the statement issued by the State Department. At least it actually condemns the correct side; that’s something anyway.

“The United States strongly condemns Hezbollah’s attack today from Lebanon on Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) in blatant violation of the cease fire between Lebanon and Israel and UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which called for the immediate cessation by Hezbollah of all attacks. We support Israel’s legitimate right to self-defense and continue to urge all parties to respect the Blue Line between Israel and Lebanon. We urge all parties to refrain from any action that could escalate the situation.

“We are deeply concerned by reports of injuries and casualties on both sides of the Blue Line, including the reported deaths of IDF soldiers and the death of a Spanish UN peacekeeper from the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL). We extend our sincere condolences to the victims’ families. We also stand with UNIFIL as it fulfills its important mandate to maintain peace and security along the Blue Line.

“Hezbollah continues to incite violence and instability inside Lebanon by attacking Israel and by its presence and fighting inside Syria, which violates Lebanese leaders’ agreed policy of dissociating Lebanon from foreign conflicts.”

Canada Backs Israel’s Battle Against Hezbollah Terror

Thursday, January 29th, 2015

Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird issued a strong statement of support for Israel Wednesday night, roundly condemning Hezbollah’s attack on the north after a recent trip to the Jewish State.

“Canada condemns the assault by Hezbollah on the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) that tragically killed two IDF members. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those lost and injured,” Baird said, noting that the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon also suffered a loss as a result of Hezbollah terror.

“Canada also extends its condolences to the family and friends of the Spanish UN peacekeeper killed in the exchange.

“Hezbollah, another Iranian proxy, is a brutal terrorist organization bent on the destruction of Israel. Canada fully supports Israel’s right to defend itself by itself,” he said, criticizing the “destructive force” of Iran and directly accusing the Islamic Republic of intent to wipe out Israel.

“This is just another example of the threats Israel faces – from Gaza to Southern Lebanon and Syria – from all proxies funded, trained and materially supported by Iran. It illustrates the danger of a nuclear-armed Iran and the need for the international community to ensure that never becomes a reality.

“Iran is a destructive force in the region, contributing to much of the current instability. The international community must condemn today’s assault and stand by the only liberal democracy in the region, which is far too often on the front lines in the struggle against terrorism.”

Northern Golan Heights Declared Closed Military Zone

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

The GOC Northern Command on Wednesday evening declared Israel’s northern border in the Golan Heights along the boundary with Syria to be a closed military zone.

The area affected stretches from Kibbutz Dafna in the Upper Galilee to the Druze town of Mas’ade in the northern Golan Heights. Included in the region are Kibbutz Dan, the border village of Ghajar, the Banias, Fort Nimrod, Neve Ativ, Majdal Shams and Mount Hermon.

The military announcement comes after the Iranian-backed Hezbollah terror organization launched the most serious attack on northern Israel seen since the start of the Syrian civil war.

Two IDF soldiers were killed and six others were wounded, including two with serious injuries, in an afternoon-long battle between the IDF and Hezbollah guerrillas operating in southern Lebanon. In addition, a Spanish peacekeeper serving in the UNIFIL force since November 2014 was killed during the exchange of gunfire.

The IDF has confirmed that Hezbollah fired six Kornet anti-tank missiles at a convoy traveling in northern Israel, and not two as originally reported. Three hit the convoy; one hit a house in the Druze village of Ghajar, setting it afire.

The convoy was comprised of two IDF vehicles leading two civilian vehicles on a road returning from the area of Mount Dov. It appears that the goal of the attack – as in the 2006 cross-border raid that launched the Second Lebanon War – was to spark a military provocation that would be a distraction while Hezbollah terrorists abducted one or more IDF soldiers or Israeli civilians. Hezbollah also reportedly simultaneously directed a round of mortar shells at the area near Metullah and around Mount Hermon.

Because civilians were involved in the attack – as well as the two IDF vehicles that were incinerated when they were struck and the soldiers who were killed – the incident is being considered in a far more serious light.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu convened the Security Cabinet to discuss the ramifications of the attack and to decide how Israel should respond.

UNIFIL is meanwhile attempting to negotiate a resumption of the ceasefire that was arranged between the two sides to end the Second Lebanon War, and which was violated today (Jan. 28.)

Jordan Folds to ISIS Hostage Terror

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015

Jordan caved to the hostage threat by Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) Wednesday, agreeing to swap a convicted terrorist for its pilot, held captive by ISIS.

A second hostage being held with the Jordanian, Japanese journalist Kenji Goto, is still in captivity. There is no word on his status.

The deal came just minutes before the deadline was reached to execute Muaz al-Kasazbeh. “Jordan confirms that it is completely prepared to release the prisoner Sajida al-Rishawi if Muaz al-Kasazbeh is released intact,” read a statement from Amman, The New York Times reported early Wednesday.

Rishawi helped murder 60 people in an attack on three hotels in Amman with three other suicide bombers. Her explosives vest failed to detonate, however, allowing her to be captured and sentenced to death for the slaughter.

The deal was arranged in response to a massive demonstration against the Jordanian government that began Tuesday evening and continued into Wednesday morning. The pilot’s father also pleaded with King Abdullah II of Jordan to swap the terrorist for his son. “Who is Sajida to us? Sajida is a burden on us, let them release her,” he said during the demonstration.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/jordan-folds-to-isis-hostage-terror/2015/01/28/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: