Close your eyes, breathe in deeply, now exhale slowly… That was easy, wasn’t it? Not for everyone…
● Had President Obama only given a speech in Cairo to the Arab world in “de-Nile” of the actual history of the region – dayenu.
● Had he only referred to Palestinian terror as “resistance” in that speech in Cairo – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that Iran has some rights to nuclear energy – dayenu.
● Had his administration only renamed acts of terror “man-made disasters” – dayenu.
● Had his administration only ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for cutting the missile defense budget for 2010 – dayenu.
● Had he only stood silently in the face of Iranian tyranny as pro-freedom demonstrators were being suppressed following the rigged election – dayenu.
● Had he only continued to apologize for America when visiting foreign countries – dayenu.
● Had he only abandoned the planned missile defense shield for America’s Polish and Czech allies – dayenu.
● Had he only supported the illegal and ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, who had subverted the democratic institutions of that nation – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general, Eric Holder, only conducted a probe of allegations of abuse against CIA operatives – dayenu.
● Had he only refused to meet with the Dalai Lama in order to mollify the Chinese – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly called for global disarmament while not specifying the nations of Iran and North Korea – dayenu.
● Had he only given credibility to the UN Security Council by being the first president to chair a meeting since its founding in 1946 – dayenu.
● Had he only declared Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem illegitimate – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly threatened North Korea with mere UN action for an unprecedented seventeen ballistic missile tests within the past six months – dayenu.
● Had he only mentioned the Fort Hood murder without any reference to radical Islam – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that he “respects the sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran” as protesters against the Iranian dictatorship were again being abused in the streets of Tehran, five months after the first wave of protests were crushed – dayenu.
● Had he only sent a conciliatory message stressing “common ground” to the mullahs of Iran on the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution and the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general only planned to have the accused 9/11 terror suspects stand trial in civilian courts in New York City – dayenu.
● Had he only bowed to the emperor of Japan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders in a speech before the UN – dayenu.
● Had he only condemned Israel for its decision to construct several hundred new housing units in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem – dayenu.
● Had his administration only considered permitting the court martial of heroic Navy Seals performing their duty in Iraq – dayenu.
● Dayenu, Mr. President. Enough appeasement.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
“Yesha” and Binyamin Regional Council leaders said the attack “is not the path of Jews in Judea and Samaria.”
The occasion? The rarely performed mitzvah of pidyon peter chamor: Redemption of a firstborn donkey.
American leftists have a pathological self-inflicted blindness to the dangers of political Islam
Hard to remember when Jewish youth were so hostile to their heritage as they are on campuses today.
Names of the enablers of Iran’s Nuclear weapons will be added next to Hitler’s on the list of infamy
By most accounts, the one person with the political muscle to swing enough Democratic votes to override a veto is Sen. Schumer.
The next day, in a speech in New York to the Council on Foreign Relations, Mr. Kerry substantially upped the ante.
In Israel, the judiciary has established itself as superior to ALL other branches of the government.
The Fifteenth Day of the month of Av became a day of national rejoicing. The moment that had seemed hopeless became the moment of Redemption.
I think the melodies in our religious services have a haunting sound to them that just permeates your guts and gets into your soul. If you have any musical inclination, I think they inspire you to compose.
Cavalier analogies to the Holocaust are unacceptable, but Huckabee’s analogy was very appropriate.
Pollard was a Jewish-head-on-a-pike for all American Jews to see and to learn the explicit lesson.
Congress sees the folly of the negotiations, as do most Arab nations who are too familiar with Iran
An eye-witness claimed, “British troops just stood by” while Arab attacked Jews in then Palestine
UN inspectors were flabbergasted when Iran allowed them full unfettered access to All nuclear sites
Expulsions perpetrated by the Russians during WWI were the worst against the Jews since Roman times.
Arab opposition to a Jewish State of any size was made known by word and deed in the form of terror
Rav Kook offered recognition to the British but not thanks; the British merely fulfilled its destiny
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/dayenu-ii-no-more-appeasement/2009/12/30/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: