Seconds often make the difference between life and death and new technology makes the difference…
● Had President Obama only given a speech in Cairo to the Arab world in “de-Nile” of the actual history of the region – dayenu.
● Had he only referred to Palestinian terror as “resistance” in that speech in Cairo – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that Iran has some rights to nuclear energy – dayenu.
● Had his administration only renamed acts of terror “man-made disasters” – dayenu.
● Had his administration only ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for cutting the missile defense budget for 2010 – dayenu.
● Had he only stood silently in the face of Iranian tyranny as pro-freedom demonstrators were being suppressed following the rigged election – dayenu.
● Had he only continued to apologize for America when visiting foreign countries – dayenu.
● Had he only abandoned the planned missile defense shield for America’s Polish and Czech allies – dayenu.
● Had he only supported the illegal and ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, who had subverted the democratic institutions of that nation – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general, Eric Holder, only conducted a probe of allegations of abuse against CIA operatives – dayenu.
● Had he only refused to meet with the Dalai Lama in order to mollify the Chinese – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly called for global disarmament while not specifying the nations of Iran and North Korea – dayenu.
● Had he only given credibility to the UN Security Council by being the first president to chair a meeting since its founding in 1946 – dayenu.
● Had he only declared Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem illegitimate – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly threatened North Korea with mere UN action for an unprecedented seventeen ballistic missile tests within the past six months – dayenu.
● Had he only mentioned the Fort Hood murder without any reference to radical Islam – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that he “respects the sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran” as protesters against the Iranian dictatorship were again being abused in the streets of Tehran, five months after the first wave of protests were crushed – dayenu.
● Had he only sent a conciliatory message stressing “common ground” to the mullahs of Iran on the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution and the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general only planned to have the accused 9/11 terror suspects stand trial in civilian courts in New York City – dayenu.
● Had he only bowed to the emperor of Japan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders in a speech before the UN – dayenu.
● Had he only condemned Israel for its decision to construct several hundred new housing units in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem – dayenu.
● Had his administration only considered permitting the court martial of heroic Navy Seals performing their duty in Iraq – dayenu.
● Dayenu, Mr. President. Enough appeasement.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
All GOP candidates will continue seeking – and praying – for Jewish money with greater success.
The one reason to make Aliyah outweighs all the arguments not to move to Israel.
“We returned to this Land not in order to be murdered, or uprooted. We came here to be replanted!”
Poland’s great Jewish cities where Jewish life had once flourished and thrived, were now desolate
Chief rabbi, Rav Dovid Lau, stated that the Torah community’s turnout in the WZO election is vital.
Iran has at its core the same ideology as that of ISIS but, inaccurately, is thought a lesser threat
An early Yom Ha’atzmaut gathering for Israel’s 67th birthday with Pres. Rivlin of Israel and guests
Israel’s Memorial Day shouldn’t be a day of mourning, it’s a day to honor, not another Holocaust Day
God’s 3 part promise for Israel: to the Avot; a plentiful land; the eventual return home by all Jews
A committed Religious Zionist, he was a sought-after adviser on Zionist affairs around the world.
More important, Mr. Obama is simply acceding to Iran’s position on the timing of the lifting of sanctions.
“Texans share a lot of the same attitude as Israelis, that we say what we think and we think what we say, and that makes it much easier to communicate,” he says.
An eye-witness claimed, “British troops just stood by” while Arab attacked Jews in then Palestine
Expulsions perpetrated by the Russians during WWI were the worst against the Jews since Roman times.
Arab opposition to a Jewish State of any size was made known by word and deed in the form of terror
Rav Kook offered recognition to the British but not thanks; the British merely fulfilled its destiny
Germany’s The Jewish Faith newspaper ominously noted, “We Jews are in for a war after the war.”
Nearly two decades into the 20th century, Jews were suffering the horrors of pogroms, mass expulsions, starvation and disease in Eastern Europe while Jewish soldiers in various armies were enduring the carnage of the battlefield. Amid the horrors, however, a glimmer of hope appeared.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/dayenu-ii-no-more-appeasement/2009/12/30/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: