Join Meir Panim’s campaign to “light up” Chanukah for families in need.
● Had President Obama only given a speech in Cairo to the Arab world in “de-Nile” of the actual history of the region – dayenu.
● Had he only referred to Palestinian terror as “resistance” in that speech in Cairo – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that Iran has some rights to nuclear energy – dayenu.
● Had his administration only renamed acts of terror “man-made disasters” – dayenu.
● Had his administration only ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for cutting the missile defense budget for 2010 – dayenu.
● Had he only stood silently in the face of Iranian tyranny as pro-freedom demonstrators were being suppressed following the rigged election – dayenu.
● Had he only continued to apologize for America when visiting foreign countries – dayenu.
● Had he only abandoned the planned missile defense shield for America’s Polish and Czech allies – dayenu.
● Had he only supported the illegal and ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, who had subverted the democratic institutions of that nation – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general, Eric Holder, only conducted a probe of allegations of abuse against CIA operatives – dayenu.
● Had he only refused to meet with the Dalai Lama in order to mollify the Chinese – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly called for global disarmament while not specifying the nations of Iran and North Korea – dayenu.
● Had he only given credibility to the UN Security Council by being the first president to chair a meeting since its founding in 1946 – dayenu.
● Had he only declared Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem illegitimate – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly threatened North Korea with mere UN action for an unprecedented seventeen ballistic missile tests within the past six months – dayenu.
● Had he only mentioned the Fort Hood murder without any reference to radical Islam – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that he “respects the sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran” as protesters against the Iranian dictatorship were again being abused in the streets of Tehran, five months after the first wave of protests were crushed – dayenu.
● Had he only sent a conciliatory message stressing “common ground” to the mullahs of Iran on the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution and the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general only planned to have the accused 9/11 terror suspects stand trial in civilian courts in New York City – dayenu.
● Had he only bowed to the emperor of Japan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders in a speech before the UN – dayenu.
● Had he only condemned Israel for its decision to construct several hundred new housing units in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem – dayenu.
● Had his administration only considered permitting the court martial of heroic Navy Seals performing their duty in Iraq – dayenu.
● Dayenu, Mr. President. Enough appeasement.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
“Farming still allows some unique opportunities for mitzvah fulfillment that a city dweller never meets.”
It shakes our sense of justice when allegations against a famed role model are covered up or ignored
Feiglin: Only true liberty will allow us to genuinely connect to our Jewish identity.
The Holocaust Educational Trust Ireland informed the host he could not say “Israel or Jewish state”
It’s fascinating how sources attain the status “traditional,” or its equivalent level of kashrus.
The West needs to ensure Russia understands that aggression comes at a significant cost.
What benefit is a learning experience that leaves kids confused,disillusioned&harms self confidence?
Girlfriend and double cop-killer Ismaaiyl Brinsley apparently was influenced by Islamic extremism.
We see pictures of mosques, monuments for terrorists, illegal schools, and hundreds of apartments being built on Jewish land without repercussions. We are losing Jewish property, so it is up to us to protect it.
Thus, despite the increasingly serious problems for the mayor arising out of the current anti-police protests, Mr. de Blasio apparently will be cut no slack by those who seem to be aiming for a significant role in running the city from the streets and who will do whatever they can to prevent their momentum from ebbing.
Also left unsaid was the fact that the menorah and its oil were in the Beit HaMikdash, which of course was located on Har HaBayit – the Temple Mount that present-day Muslims claim as their own.
Despite strong pressure to throw the book at the accused, Mr. Thompson allowed him to plead guilty to assault.
Arab opposition to a Jewish State of any size was made known by word and deed in the form of terror
Germany’s The Jewish Faith newspaper ominously noted, “We Jews are in for a war after the war.”
Nearly two decades into the 20th century, Jews were suffering the horrors of pogroms, mass expulsions, starvation and disease in Eastern Europe while Jewish soldiers in various armies were enduring the carnage of the battlefield. Amid the horrors, however, a glimmer of hope appeared.
On November 11, 1918, at 11 a.m., an agreement signed between the Allies and Germany at Compiegne France, ended hostilities on the Western front and signaled the end of the First World War.
On the eve of the Six-Day War, Israel stood alone.
The events of June 1967 came just a decade after the 1956 Sinai Campaign waged by Israel, France and Great Britain to protect international passage through the Suez Canal.
Had Judge Richard Goldstone only issued a distorted litany of accusations against the Jewish state – dayenu.
Had the British government only issued an arrest warrant against Kadima leader and former Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni – dayenu.
Last month, Israel lost a very close friend in Alexander Haig.
During his confirmation hearings in January 1981for the position of secretary of state, Haig reiterated his commitment to the existing U.S. policy of not dealing with the PLO or other Palestinians opposed to Israel’s existence.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/dayenu-ii-no-more-appeasement/2009/12/30/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: