To mark IDC Herzliya’s 20th anniversary, we spent a day following Prof. Uriel Reichman, IDC’s founder and president, and Jonathan Davis, VP for External Relations, around its delightful campus.
● Had President Obama only given a speech in Cairo to the Arab world in “de-Nile” of the actual history of the region – dayenu.
● Had he only referred to Palestinian terror as “resistance” in that speech in Cairo – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that Iran has some rights to nuclear energy – dayenu.
● Had his administration only renamed acts of terror “man-made disasters” – dayenu.
● Had his administration only ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for cutting the missile defense budget for 2010 – dayenu.
● Had he only stood silently in the face of Iranian tyranny as pro-freedom demonstrators were being suppressed following the rigged election – dayenu.
● Had he only continued to apologize for America when visiting foreign countries – dayenu.
● Had he only abandoned the planned missile defense shield for America’s Polish and Czech allies – dayenu.
● Had he only supported the illegal and ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, who had subverted the democratic institutions of that nation – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general, Eric Holder, only conducted a probe of allegations of abuse against CIA operatives – dayenu.
● Had he only refused to meet with the Dalai Lama in order to mollify the Chinese – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly called for global disarmament while not specifying the nations of Iran and North Korea – dayenu.
● Had he only given credibility to the UN Security Council by being the first president to chair a meeting since its founding in 1946 – dayenu.
● Had he only declared Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem illegitimate – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly threatened North Korea with mere UN action for an unprecedented seventeen ballistic missile tests within the past six months – dayenu.
● Had he only mentioned the Fort Hood murder without any reference to radical Islam – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that he “respects the sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran” as protesters against the Iranian dictatorship were again being abused in the streets of Tehran, five months after the first wave of protests were crushed – dayenu.
● Had he only sent a conciliatory message stressing “common ground” to the mullahs of Iran on the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution and the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general only planned to have the accused 9/11 terror suspects stand trial in civilian courts in New York City – dayenu.
● Had he only bowed to the emperor of Japan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders in a speech before the UN – dayenu.
● Had he only condemned Israel for its decision to construct several hundred new housing units in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem – dayenu.
● Had his administration only considered permitting the court martial of heroic Navy Seals performing their duty in Iraq – dayenu.
● Dayenu, Mr. President. Enough appeasement.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
In a world where people question whether they should be engaged, we are a reminder that all Jews are responsible for one another.
My son is seventeen; he didn’t want to talk about what happened, or give any details of the Rosh Yeshiva’s words of chizuk.
All involved in the Ferguson debate should learn the laws pertinent to non-Jews: the Noahide Laws.
Abbas has been adding new layers of rhetoric to his tactical campaign to de-Judaize Jerusalem
Hamas’s love for death tried to have as many Palestinian civilians killed as possible
Israel recognizes the fabrication called a Palestinian nation; So what do we want from the Swedes?
Arab attacking Jews in the land date back a century, long before Israel was created or in control.
Creativity without clarity is not sufficient for writing. I am eternally thankful to Hashem for his gift to me.
Golden presents a compelling saga of poor but determined immigrants who fled pogroms and harsh conditions in their homelands for a better life in a land of opportunity.
It seems to us that while the Jewish entitlement to the land of Israel transcends the Holocaust, the Jewish experience during that tragic time is the most solid of foundations for these “national rights.”
Too many self-styled civil rights activists seemed determined to force, by their relentless pressure, an indictment regardless of what an investigation might turn up.
Arab opposition to a Jewish State of any size was made known by word and deed in the form of terror
Germany’s The Jewish Faith newspaper ominously noted, “We Jews are in for a war after the war.”
Nearly two decades into the 20th century, Jews were suffering the horrors of pogroms, mass expulsions, starvation and disease in Eastern Europe while Jewish soldiers in various armies were enduring the carnage of the battlefield. Amid the horrors, however, a glimmer of hope appeared.
On November 11, 1918, at 11 a.m., an agreement signed between the Allies and Germany at Compiegne France, ended hostilities on the Western front and signaled the end of the First World War.
On the eve of the Six-Day War, Israel stood alone.
The events of June 1967 came just a decade after the 1956 Sinai Campaign waged by Israel, France and Great Britain to protect international passage through the Suez Canal.
Had Judge Richard Goldstone only issued a distorted litany of accusations against the Jewish state – dayenu.
Had the British government only issued an arrest warrant against Kadima leader and former Israeli foreign minister Tzipi Livni – dayenu.
Last month, Israel lost a very close friend in Alexander Haig.
During his confirmation hearings in January 1981for the position of secretary of state, Haig reiterated his commitment to the existing U.S. policy of not dealing with the PLO or other Palestinians opposed to Israel’s existence.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/dayenu-ii-no-more-appeasement/2009/12/30/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: