The Celebrate Israel Festival on May 31 at Pier 94, slated to be the largest gathering to date of Israeli-Americans in New York.
● Had President Obama only given a speech in Cairo to the Arab world in “de-Nile” of the actual history of the region – dayenu.
● Had he only referred to Palestinian terror as “resistance” in that speech in Cairo – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that Iran has some rights to nuclear energy – dayenu.
● Had his administration only renamed acts of terror “man-made disasters” – dayenu.
● Had his administration only ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to terrorists in Afghanistan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for cutting the missile defense budget for 2010 – dayenu.
● Had he only stood silently in the face of Iranian tyranny as pro-freedom demonstrators were being suppressed following the rigged election – dayenu.
● Had he only continued to apologize for America when visiting foreign countries – dayenu.
● Had he only abandoned the planned missile defense shield for America’s Polish and Czech allies – dayenu.
● Had he only supported the illegal and ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, who had subverted the democratic institutions of that nation – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general, Eric Holder, only conducted a probe of allegations of abuse against CIA operatives – dayenu.
● Had he only refused to meet with the Dalai Lama in order to mollify the Chinese – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly called for global disarmament while not specifying the nations of Iran and North Korea – dayenu.
● Had he only given credibility to the UN Security Council by being the first president to chair a meeting since its founding in 1946 – dayenu.
● Had he only declared Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria, and East Jerusalem illegitimate – dayenu.
● Had he only repeatedly threatened North Korea with mere UN action for an unprecedented seventeen ballistic missile tests within the past six months – dayenu.
● Had he only mentioned the Fort Hood murder without any reference to radical Islam – dayenu.
● Had he only stated that he “respects the sovereignty of the Islamic Republic of Iran” as protesters against the Iranian dictatorship were again being abused in the streets of Tehran, five months after the first wave of protests were crushed – dayenu.
● Had he only sent a conciliatory message stressing “common ground” to the mullahs of Iran on the 30th anniversary of the Iranian revolution and the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran – dayenu.
● Had his attorney general only planned to have the accused 9/11 terror suspects stand trial in civilian courts in New York City – dayenu.
● Had he only bowed to the emperor of Japan – dayenu.
● Had he only called for Israel’s return to pre-1967 borders in a speech before the UN – dayenu.
● Had he only condemned Israel for its decision to construct several hundred new housing units in the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem – dayenu.
● Had his administration only considered permitting the court martial of heroic Navy Seals performing their duty in Iraq – dayenu.
● Dayenu, Mr. President. Enough appeasement.
About the Author:
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Mr. Obama, Israeli voters have democratically chosen to apply Israeli sovereignty over Judea&Samaria
Netanyahu so disdains Shaked’s appointment he completely ignored her after the swearing-in ceremony
Ronen Shamir’s just the latest tenured Leftist convicted of sexual misconduct with his own student
Although I loved law school, I doubted myself: Who would come to me, a chassidish woman lawyer?
American Jews who go gaga for Obama are first and foremost “Liberals of the Mosaic Persuasion”
“Illinois is the first state to take concrete, legally binding action against the BDS campaign”
Many books have supported the preferability- not to be confused with desirability- of the status quo
Consider the Pope’s desperation, reading daily reports of the slaughter of Christians by Muslims
The contrast between a Dem pretending to love Israel & a Dem who truly loves Israel is CRYSTAL CLEAR
Pentecost, derived from the Greek word for 50, is celebrated 50 days after Easter.
U.S and European demands for the creation of a Palestinian State in the West Bank is world hypocrisy.
We take a whole person approach, giving our people assistance with whatever they need.
During my spiritual journey I discovered G-d spoke to man only once, to the Jewish people at Sinai
20 years after the great Ethiopian aliyah, we must treat them like everyone else; no better or worse
Shavuot 1915, 200000 Jews were expelled; amongst the largest single expulsions since Roman times
UN inspectors were flabbergasted when Iran allowed them full unfettered access to All nuclear sites
Expulsions perpetrated by the Russians during WWI were the worst against the Jews since Roman times.
Arab opposition to a Jewish State of any size was made known by word and deed in the form of terror
Rav Kook offered recognition to the British but not thanks; the British merely fulfilled its destiny
Germany’s The Jewish Faith newspaper ominously noted, “We Jews are in for a war after the war.”
Nearly two decades into the 20th century, Jews were suffering the horrors of pogroms, mass expulsions, starvation and disease in Eastern Europe while Jewish soldiers in various armies were enduring the carnage of the battlefield. Amid the horrors, however, a glimmer of hope appeared.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/dayenu-ii-no-more-appeasement/2009/12/30/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: