Latest update: July 7th, 2014
No one can deny that Yasir Arafat had a dynamic talent for inspiring admiration and emulation. His gang’s massacres of children on a schoolbus from Moshav Avivim and at a school in Ma’alot – achievements the killer of JonBenet Ramsey could never hope to match – paved the way for similar atrocities committed at a school in Beslan, Russia.
Arafat’s attention-grabbing series of airplane hijackings set the standard for the new generation of terrorists who took his invention and improved upon it on September 11, 2001.
In death, he continues to inspire, and is already sorely missed by “progressives” and neo-Nazis who share one thing in common – enthusiastic support for the slaughter of unarmed Jewish men, women, and children – and who sound eerily alike in their online remarks praising the PLO chief and cursing the Jews.
After years of monitoring the hate speech disseminated by conservative radio and Internet (one of my reports is cited in David Brock’s recently released The Republican Noise Machine), I am forced to conclude that the “politically correct” vitriol of the Israel-hating activist Left makes the venomous rhetoric of right-wing ideologues seem mild by comparison.
Am I exaggerating? Let’s look at the comments on Arafat’s death and the Mideast crisis on two neo-Nazi websites – WhiteCivilRights.com, run by Nazi/Klansman David Duke, and Stormfront.org, a disturbingly successful hate site currently under investigation in connection with the desecration of a Jewish museum, cemetery, and synagogue – and two of the most heavily trafficked left-wing websites – DemocraticUnderground.com, dedicated to “the exchange and dissemination of liberal and progressive ideas,” and SmirkingChimp.com, described in a laudatory Nation magazine article as “a website with 25,000-plus registered members, founded after the 2000 election as a gathering place for liberals, progressives and leftists who felt the newly elected president reminded them most of, well, a smirking chimp.”
(At Democratic Underground, members appear to be evenly split for and against Jew-killing; at Smirking Chimp – where criticism of recent kidnappings and beheadings will get you banned, but writing that the victims “got what they deserved” will keep you a member in good standing – the support for Arafat’s terrorism was overwhelming.)
The following are typical comments posted on these prominent websites (grammar and punctuation, other than four-letter words, are unedited). Can you tell the leftists from the Hitler-worshipers? (The answers appear at the end.)
1) [Arafat] was a great man. I miss him already.
2) ….fought for his people and was not concerned with money and self serving interests. His Dream was a State for his people… No politician here would ever stand up for his people or their rights.
3) A hero is fallen.
4) Sharon isn’t worthy to shines Arafat’s shoes.
5) I’ve never understood why he was considered an obstruction to peace and uncompromising. RIP.
6) Arafat and Putin are about the only two politicians in the world who have any of my respect.
7) He’s a saint compared to the murderous IDF [expletives].
8) Rest in Peace, Dr. Arafat. The man with the hardest row to hoe on the planet. Surely he’s in a better place now. Oh, and [expletive] Sharon.
9) Arafat is a HERO! Praise Arafat, may your struggle for liberation and self-determination against the most powerful, genocidal, ethnocentric, terrorist people in the world not be forgotten and may your dream of a sovereign palestinian state someday be realized.
10) Howard Dean’s wife, Wesley Clark, are all dual loyalties, with primary loyalty to, you guessed it, Israel. Zionists warmongers view the rest of humanity as SUB-HUMAN.
11) I’ll give Arafat respect for helping fight the Zionist pigs of Israel.
12) The Wall [is] now synonymous with The Warsaw Ghetto.
13) The creation of the Apartheid Wall by the war criminal Ariel Sharon was an outrage even worse than the Berlin Wall.
14) Basically, [the Israelis are] self-centered idiots, and they have no problem destabilizing the entire world in pursuit of their biblical struggle…They seem to feel that everybody owes them big time, and their concerns comes before those of the rest of the world.
15) I have a certain admiration for Arafat. He played the role of David to Israel’s Goliath. Poking the eye of the beast when the beast smacked then around. Calling the beast on their hypocrisy…
16) [Prime Minister] Mahathir spoke the truth [that Jews rule the world].
17) Mahatir was only speaking the truth. The fact is that the world is onto the Zionists gameplan and they’re scared [wit]less so they attack anyone who speaks the truth.
18) Sharon probably has a trillion somewhere ? he is after all a much bigger pig than Arafat ? so to keep that rotund pig shape it would take at least a trillion.
19) The Israelis are creating the world’s largest concentration camp for people, who simply got in the Jew’s way.
20) [Israel] is also creating massive Concentration camps that contain the Palestinians.
(Answers: DemocraticUnderground.com – 1, 4, 7, 18; Stormfront.org – 2, 6, 9, 11, 16; SmirkingChimp.com – 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 20; David Duke’s WhiteCivilRights.com [article by Charles Coughlin] – 13, 19)
Were you generally able to tell the difference? Or is it time for Stormfront.org and SmirkingChimp.com to consider a merger?
About the Author: Edward Olshaker is a longtime freelance journalist whose work has appeared in various publications and websites including History News Network, American Thinker, FrontPageMagazine and The Jewish Press.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.