web analytics
October 2, 2014 / 8 Tishri, 5775
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘police’

CANCELLED: Police Looking for Possible Kidnapped JM Boy

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014

UPDATE: Police have cancelled the search. They’ve concluded there was no kidnapping.
——

Two women in the Ramot neighborhood of Jerusalem reported to police they saw an 8 year old boy get into a white car, either a Mazda or a Toyota, with 2 Arab men, and they suspect it was a kidnapping.

It happened in front of 17 Mirski Street at approximately 5pm. The witnesses said he got into the car willingly.

Since the kidnapping of Gil-ad Shaar, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach, police are taking kidnapping alert calls very seriously, and they have begun a search.

Police have set up checkpoints in the Binyamin region and Gush Etzion, as well as in key locations in Jerusalem.

As of now, there are no reports of any missing children in the neighborhood.

Police: We Failed During Gil-Ad’s SOS Call

Monday, July 14th, 2014

Police Chief Yohanan Danino told the Knesset Internal Affairs and Environment Committee that 540 Israeli Arabs have been arrested during rioting following the kidnap/murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir.

In addition, Assistant Commander Moshe Barkat noted the police  emergency hotline’s “failure” to deal with the SOS call from Gil-Ad Sha’ar on June 12. He said officers manning the hotline should have dealt with the call as an emergency.

Barkat also said that officers that failed to act appropriately had been summoned to the police disciplinary committee. Nanino added that officers are scheduled to be fired, but added that like all employees in the State of Israel they have rights and that those rights must be respected.

Ayala Hasson – Police Have No Clue

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014

Ayala Hasson, political commentator for Channel 1 said at 10 AM, that a high level source informed her that unlike the impression they are trying to give, the police actually have no clue or direction as to who kidnapped and murdered 17 year old Mohammed Abu Khdeir from Shuafat.

Audio of Kidnapping Call Released [audio]

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014

The first part of the audio of the phone call made by the kidnapped boys to the police emergency line has been released.

In the audio, from the night of June 12, you can hear one of the boys saying, “They kidnapped me.” After that you hear the kidnappers repeating, “Put your head down.”

The policeman keeps repeating, “Hello”.

You can listen to it here:

It is believed the boys were killed shortly after this phone call was made. The full audio was 2:09 minutes long.

One of the Murdered Boys Put Up a Fight, Source Says

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014

One of the three boys kidnapped by Arab terrorists on June 12 gave a good accounting of himself and put up a fight before he was murdered, a source said.

The source is involved in the forensic identification process of three bodies found in a field near Halhul Monday evening and said one of the boys fought back against his attackers.

The source told the Walla! news site that forensic evidence being gathered at the Abu Kabir Institute shows that one of the teens put up “meaningful resistance” against the kidnappers.

The boys were abducted by terrorists while hitchhiking home from their yeshiva for the Sabbath, at a routine hitching stop in Gush Etzion. An IDF source told the news site that after the Arab terrorists grabbed the boys near the Jewish community of Alon Shevut, the vehicle they were traveling in headed west and then made a U-turn to go south towards Hevron.

Within minutes, at about 10:25 p.m., one of the boys called the “100″ police hotline, whispering into the cell phone, “I’ve been kidnapped. We’ve been kidnapped!” He then went silent, perhaps fearing his captors would discover he was using the phone. Shortly after the call was made, shots were fired and the phone went dead, a little more than two minutes later.

It is likely the terrorists decided to cut their losses and run. They had no way of knowing that police had bumbled the call, leaving open a window of more than five hours before anyone in supervision or above would even take the call seriously, let alone bother to follow it up. (At least four senior police officers have been dismissed as a result of that decision.)

Instead, the kidnappers likely believed that police would soon be on their tail – and decided to end all doubts, murdering the boys and escaping with their own lives intact.

Within hours of starting their search, security forces found a burned-out vehicle, a rifle and bullet casings near the Palestinian Authority Arab village of Dura, slightly south of Hevron – a hotbed of Hamas terrorists, among others. It’s been searched repeatedly by IDF soldiers in the past 19 days.

But no kidnapped boys were found; no bodies and no perpetrators. The terrorists took just enough time to hurriedly transport and bury their victims’ bodies in a shallow cave that is barely visible in a farmer’s stony field, alongside the PA Arab village of Halhul — another classic ‘terrorist central’ stronghold.

Thanks to the determination and unending energy of tens of thousands of IDF soldiers, and the intensive efforts of the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) agents, searchers were led in the direction of that field Monday afternoon.

Despite fierce resistance from surrounding villagers who clearly knew what was concealed there, at last the searchers reached their first objective in Operation Brother’s Keeper, and found the sad evidence they were looking for.

Let the memory of Eyal Yifrach, Naftali Frenkel and Gilad Sha’ar not fade, let their blood not have flowed in vain.

May their memories be for a blessing and may God avenge their blood.

May the soldiers of the IDF and the agents of the Shin Bet find success in the next phase of Operation Brother’s Keeper as they continue their hunt for the murders of our boys.

Clashes on the Temple Mount

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014

Arab youths clashes with Israel Police officers Tuesday morning on the Temple Mount, hurling rocks at the security forces in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Police used routine riot control methods to disperse the mob, according to police officials and did not close the complex to visitors, in a departure from past practices.

No one was injured in the incident, and officials said the Temple Mount remained open to visitors for the time being.

In the past, radical Islamists have used rock throwing and other rioting methods as a means of preventing Jews and other tourists from gaining entry to the area, thus retaining exclusive access to the site.

Probe to be Launched Against MK Hanin Zoabi?

Monday, June 23rd, 2014

Will the State of Israel at last investigate the actions of MK Hanin Zoabi? The decision is up to Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein and State Prosecutor Shai Nitzan.

But if they give a green light, police have recommended the government take a look into whether MK Hanin Zoabi has crossed the line into criminal incitement with her constant barbs against the State of Israel.

The straw that may have broken the camel’s back, finally, was an interview Zoabi gave – and a follow-up – in the wake of the terrorist kidnapping of three yeshiva boys who were hitchhiking home from Gush Etzion on June 12. Zoabi declared on TLV1 Radio that the kidnappers – discovered by Israeli intelligence to irrefutably to have been members of the Hamas terrorist organization – were “not terrorists.”

Instead, Zoabi declared, “They are not terrorists. I do not agree with you. They see no other way to change their reality and have to restort to these measures until Israel sobers up and feels the suffering of the others.”

In fact, she later added that perhaps it was Israel’s Defense Forces who were the terrorists, and maybe the boys weren’t kidnapped at all. She then accused the Palestinian Authority security forces of “treason” for cooperating with Israel to search for the kidnapped boys.

Knesset members from one end of the political spectrum to the other condemned her remarks with many calling for her dismissal – but Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein pointed out that he has no recourse to do so under Israeli law.

Zoabi has often made remarks — and acted — in ways that are more in line with representing the interests of the Palestinian Authority than those of the State of Israel, in whose parliament she participates.

In 2010 she supported and even participated in an illegal flotilla intended to violate Israel’s legal boundaries and break Israel’s maritime blockade of Gaza. That blockade is a defense against terrorist imports of weapons and ammunition that are used in attacks on civilians and IDF soldiers.

She has also been photographed in past years at unauthorized meetings with Hamas officials from Gaza.

The participation of an Israeli parliamentarian whose loyalty is questionable is deeply troubling because as a member of the government, she automatically has access to highly sensitive security information.

Several years ago, her predecessor in the Balad party, former MK Azmi Bishara, fled the country just prior to being charged with treason. Bishara was suspected of receiving large sums of money in exchange for handing over information on sensitive military sites and other security information to the enemy during the 2006 Second Lebanon War. He has since traveled from one enemy Arab nation to the next, broadcasting poisonous lectures against the State of Israel and recruiting terrorists for attacks against the country. For a long time he also managed to also draw a Knesset member’s pension for his time served as a legislator, since he succeeded in fleeing abroad before ever being charged with a crime.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/probe-to-be-launched-against-mk-hanin-zoabi/2014/06/23/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: