October 1, 2014 / 7 Tishri, 5775
Meir Panim with Soldiers 5774 Roundup: Year of Relief and Service for Israel’s Needy

Meir Panim implements programs that serve Israel’s neediest populations with respect and dignity. Meir Panim also coordinated care packages for families in the South during the Gaza War.

Mazel Tov, Rabbi Tzvi Fishman!!

Rabbi Tzvi

For now, until I draw up an official manifesto and program, be sure to get yourselves Skype. That way, every morning, you will be able to see me on your computer screen and receive a daily blessing from me, along with a new Jewish teaching.

I still don’t have a name for the new Jewish movement, so I’d be happy to hear your suggestions. How about Digital Judaism, or Cyberspace Judaism, or Virtual Judaism – I like the sound of that. Or maybe Non-Judaism. Or Jodoism. Or Jewhoo? Or Joogle? How does the name Xtianity sound to you? After all, if we are going to junk all of the Torah’s commandments, why not just call ourselves “modern day Xtian Jews”? You can’t get more universal and integrated than that!

Please send in your name suggestions to The Jewish Press comments section at the end of this blog, or to the new “Facebook Rabbi” page that I hope to be opening. And for now on, when you send replies or messages to me, or requests for blessings, please address me as Rabbi Tzvi.

(I am available to preside at non-Jewish bar and bat mitzvahs, bar mitzvahs for dogs, interfaith marriages, homosexual castrations, and I will be giving tennis lessons twice a week to lesbians – please wear modest attire.)

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

15 Responses to “Mazel Tov, Rabbi Tzvi Fishman!!”

1. Pninah Means Millson Mason says:

Tzvi, excellent as always.

2. Oriana Cottard says:

Ouaaah Tzvi… you are joking now yea????? a little bit scarry really…… lol. Imagine only…. hmmm ouuuuff lala…

3. Liad Bar-el says:

Ha Ha Ha! I see dovbear running over the mountains toward you with all of his cubs.:-) After a day of fasting, two cups of EZ Go will do you wonders.:-)

BTW, excellent blog! We all know that everything you mentioned is not new and is being done today. Great way to get your point across.

4. Yehuda Cohen says:

Your first customer!
    Please send a Mohel certificate for my wife with the title “Hatchet Jane”.
    Instead of money, I’m willing to trade you my dog with two pooper scoopers – one for the inside of the house and the other for the outside.

5. Emet Sheva says:

Tzvi – You are the funniest Jewish writer of our time! This is show of force that we need to see more of from the flimsy PC ridden World Jewry – waking up with a smile is better then with a whip – its a wake up call, a real one! Toda Raba

6. Zahava Zer says:

omg this is hilarious! excellent post!

7. Shofar Man says:

Question for Rabbi Tzvi: If my wife is the Rabbi, what does that make me a Rebbit in Yiddish or Rabban in Hebrew?

8. Susan Hoffman says:

Tongue in cheek(y) is alive and well in Jews! The $5,000 check is in the mail.

9. FanOf Tzvi says:

I'd jest knuw et.

Jew de vivre, Rabbi Tzvi!

11. Yeremiahu Rueben Yonteff says:

Ha

12. Richard Simpson says:

Call it NuJ ;).

13. Marianne Meyer Nielssen says:

Come on all you progressive Jews out there! You need to have more children so that we might outnumber the haredi lunatics!!!

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Colin H. Kahl, VP Joe Biden's new national security adviser.
Biden’s New NSA Chief Mocked Israeli Nuke Fears
Netanyahu at UN GA

My good friend Ruthie Blum and I don’t agree about the value of Bibi’s speech; she’s too optimistic.

photo-12

Regardless of your opinion on the hareidi community, the food is delicious and super-duper kosher!

terrorists

Is the global community clear in its response to these extremist groups?

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu speaks to the UNGA, Sept. 29, 2014.

Bibi speaks resolutely in forums like the UN but we don’t see that strength on the ground here.

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking but no, I haven’t lost my mind and no, I am not kidding.

Abbas again used the UN to attack Israel, distort history, and undermine prospects for peace.

Discover the motivations and the emotions that may affect investing.

This piece partner- no it was not a spelling mistake- they desire piece after piece of our Land.

President Obama showed courageous leadership with his decision to attack “Islamic State” despite the unavoidable ensuing collateral damage.

The solution to the friction with Hareidim on El Al flights is so simple and obvious, it amazes me that it hasn’t been implemented yet.

Global resources flow to young and capable descendants of Arabs who left Palestine over 60 years ago

There was a problem: A different speech, in part, was delivered on September 27

Obama’s speech was the epitome of chutzpah and hypocrisy.

After Israeli-Arab and Zionist Mohammed Zoabi expressed his support for Israel, he was forced to go into hiding for his safety…

Here is your chance to show your appreciation to the IDF!