Meir Panim implements programs that serve Israel’s neediest populations with respect and dignity. Meir Panim also coordinated care packages for families in the South during the Gaza War.
I suppose everyone has seen lists of the ?World's Shortest Books.? Since I think we Jews
could use our own special list, I have, as a public service and in the spirit of Purim, prepared the
first annual Official Jewish List of the World's Shortest Books.
1. “The Laws of the Torah We Follow and Practice,” by the leaders of the Reform
Movement?s Religious Action Center.
2. “Reform Rabbis I Have Admired,” by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
3. “Illegal Narcotics Progressive Jews Should Avoid,” by the editors of Tikkun
4. “Koshers Foods I Enjoy,” by Shulamit Aloni.
5. “My Beauty Secrets,” by Yael Dayan.
6. “Books I Have Read,” by David Levy.
7. “My System for Losing Weight” by Tommy Lapid.
8. ?How Likud Differs from Labor,” by Benjamin Netanyahu.
9. “Ideas for Conflict Resolution Through Meditation,” by Osama bin Laden.
10. “Arab Terrorists I Have Condemned,” by Israeli Marxist lawyers Avigdor Feldman and
Shamai Leibovitz and the Betselem Human Rights Group.
11. “Why Ehud Barak Can be Taken at His Word,” by the Southern Lebanese Army.
12. “My Understanding of Free Speech and Democracy,” by Israeli Attorney General
13. “Romantic Moments From My Marriage,” by Senator Hillary Clinton.
14. “Violations by the Arabs on the Temple Mount that Would Get Us Upset,” by the
15. ?Non-Leftists Who Work for Us,” by the Israel Broadcasting Authority.
16. “Things I Did to Deserve a Nobel Prize,” by Jimmy Carter.
17. ?Things I Did to Make America More Secure,” by Jimmy Carter
18. “Thoughts I Have Had,” by the Reverend Al Sharpton.
19. “The Essence of Patriotism,” by Yossi Sarid.
20. “Israeli Vital Interests That Need to be Guarded,” by Sandy Berger and Madeline
21. “My Cozy Home Life With the Chairman,” by Suha Arafat
22. “Liberal Causes I Have Opposed,” by Leonard Fein
23.”Jews I Admire,” by Patrick Buchanan
24. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of the Los Angeles
25. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of Haaretz.
26. “Lessons in Palestinian Democracy,” by Yasir Arafat.
27. “Documented Facts in My Autobiography,” by Edward Said.
28. “Noam Chomsky, Jewish Hero” by Edward Said
29. “Communist Atrocities I Have Condemned,” by Noam Chomsky.
30. “Things I Like About the United States,” by Noam Chomsky.
31. “Tips From My Dental Hygienist,” by Yasir Arafat.
32. “Things I Remember About My Lobotomy,” by Shimon Peres.
33. ?Israeli Universities Not Dominated by Leftists,” by Steven Plaut.
34. “My Plans for Commemorating Israel's Next Jubilee Year,” by Hosni Mubarak.
35. “My Memories of Rabbinic Seminary,” by Tikkun editor Michael Lerner.
36. “Favorite Stir-Fried Recipes for Preparing Tasty Animals,” by Arthur Waskow and the
Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. His book ?The Scout? (Gefen
Publishing) is available through Amazon.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
“We have succeeded in raising an ideological generation that loves death like our enemies love life”
There is not even a hint of recognition that Hamas deliberately fires rockets at civilian targets in Israel while storing arms and rocket launchers among its own civilians in Gaza.
With $2 billion on hand the Islamic State is an extremely well-funded terrorist group that may pose a major international crisis for the U.S. and the world. Learn about their rise to power and the toll they’ve taken thus far.
In the recent Gaza war and its aftermath, we saw a totally illogical reaction from the world.
A., a teacher: “I do not know a single Gazan who is pro-Hamas at the moment, except for those on its payroll.”
Is the global community clear in its response to these extremist groups?
Like our fabled character, Don Quixote, President Obama has constantly spawned his own reality.
Boroujerdi was informed that “the pressures and tortures will increase until he has been destroyed.”
Fatah: Hamas stole relief aid for Gaza and distributed it amongst its followers in mosques.
Can teenagers seriously be expected to behave properly when they are surrounded by so much suggestive material? Is it fair to expose them (and ourselves) to so much temptation and then tell them, “Just say no”?
Washington remains ignorant of the need to dismantle alliances with various Muslim countries.
Defeating IS requires bombing its strongholds and recognizing the violent nature of Islam.
“Jewish Voices for Peace,” a Hamas lobby created by Jewish anti-Semites.
Neo-Nazis claim that Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is in fact a Mossad agent named Elliot Shimon
One grey night it happened, Bibi caved no more
& Poof that Foggy Bottomer, he vanished from our sight
It’s six K, five K, four K, Graft !
(Daylight come and da jail’s his new home)
In 2012, an initiative was begun in the Knesset led by David Rotem (from the Yisrael Beitenu party), to cut the stipends and pensions paid to convicted murderers and terrorists by 50 percent.
When the Temple was in existence, Jews were religiously obligated to eat roast meat at least once a year.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-jewish-list-of-the-worlds-shortest-books/2003/04/11/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: