A unique and prestigious residential project in now being built in Mekor Haim Street in Jerusalem.
I suppose everyone has seen lists of the ?World's Shortest Books.? Since I think we Jews
could use our own special list, I have, as a public service and in the spirit of Purim, prepared the
first annual Official Jewish List of the World's Shortest Books.
1. “The Laws of the Torah We Follow and Practice,” by the leaders of the Reform
Movement?s Religious Action Center.
2. “Reform Rabbis I Have Admired,” by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
3. “Illegal Narcotics Progressive Jews Should Avoid,” by the editors of Tikkun
4. “Koshers Foods I Enjoy,” by Shulamit Aloni.
5. “My Beauty Secrets,” by Yael Dayan.
6. “Books I Have Read,” by David Levy.
7. “My System for Losing Weight” by Tommy Lapid.
8. ?How Likud Differs from Labor,” by Benjamin Netanyahu.
9. “Ideas for Conflict Resolution Through Meditation,” by Osama bin Laden.
10. “Arab Terrorists I Have Condemned,” by Israeli Marxist lawyers Avigdor Feldman and
Shamai Leibovitz and the Betselem Human Rights Group.
11. “Why Ehud Barak Can be Taken at His Word,” by the Southern Lebanese Army.
12. “My Understanding of Free Speech and Democracy,” by Israeli Attorney General
13. “Romantic Moments From My Marriage,” by Senator Hillary Clinton.
14. “Violations by the Arabs on the Temple Mount that Would Get Us Upset,” by the
15. ?Non-Leftists Who Work for Us,” by the Israel Broadcasting Authority.
16. “Things I Did to Deserve a Nobel Prize,” by Jimmy Carter.
17. ?Things I Did to Make America More Secure,” by Jimmy Carter
18. “Thoughts I Have Had,” by the Reverend Al Sharpton.
19. “The Essence of Patriotism,” by Yossi Sarid.
20. “Israeli Vital Interests That Need to be Guarded,” by Sandy Berger and Madeline
21. “My Cozy Home Life With the Chairman,” by Suha Arafat
22. “Liberal Causes I Have Opposed,” by Leonard Fein
23.”Jews I Admire,” by Patrick Buchanan
24. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of the Los Angeles
25. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of Haaretz.
26. “Lessons in Palestinian Democracy,” by Yasir Arafat.
27. “Documented Facts in My Autobiography,” by Edward Said.
28. “Noam Chomsky, Jewish Hero” by Edward Said
29. “Communist Atrocities I Have Condemned,” by Noam Chomsky.
30. “Things I Like About the United States,” by Noam Chomsky.
31. “Tips From My Dental Hygienist,” by Yasir Arafat.
32. “Things I Remember About My Lobotomy,” by Shimon Peres.
33. ?Israeli Universities Not Dominated by Leftists,” by Steven Plaut.
34. “My Plans for Commemorating Israel's Next Jubilee Year,” by Hosni Mubarak.
35. “My Memories of Rabbinic Seminary,” by Tikkun editor Michael Lerner.
36. “Favorite Stir-Fried Recipes for Preparing Tasty Animals,” by Arthur Waskow and the
Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. His book ?The Scout? (Gefen
Publishing) is available through Amazon.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
If itis a mitzva to eat matza all Pesach, then why is there no berakha attached to it?
When we are united with unconditional love, no stone will be raised against us by our enemies.
The reporter simply reports the news, but it is greater to be inspired to better the situation.
Freeing convicted murderers returns the status of Jewish existence to something less than sanctified.
“The bigger they are the harder they fall” describes what God had in mind for Olmert.
We, soldiers of the IDF, who stand guard over the people and the land, fulfill the hopes of the millions of Jewish people across the generations who sought freedom.
How much is the human mind able to grasp of the Divine?
Jews have brought the baggage of the galut (exile) mentality to the modern state of Israel.
The Haggadah is an instruction manual on how to survive as strangers in strange lands.
It’s finally happened. New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan reported on her blog that “many readers…wrote to object to an [April 2] article…on the breakdown in peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians,” claiming “[they] found the headline misleading and the article itself lacking in context.” Ms. Sullivan provided one such letter, quoted the […]
Nor did it seem relevant that according to widely circulated media reports, Rev. Sharpton was caught on an FBI surveillance video discussing possible drug sales with an FBI agent.
Jewish soldiers in the Polish forces often encountered anti-Semitic prejudice.
When the state was established, gedolim went to Ben-Gurion and asked him not to draft women and, later, yeshiva bachrim.
One grey night it happened, Bibi caved no more
& Poof that Foggy Bottomer, he vanished from our sight
In 2012, an initiative was begun in the Knesset led by David Rotem (from the Yisrael Beitenu party), to cut the stipends and pensions paid to convicted murderers and terrorists by 50 percent.
When the Temple was in existence, Jews were religiously obligated to eat roast meat at least once a year.
I have frequently drawn up lists of what I love most about Israel, and Arik Einstein has ranked high.
In the past, the law school prohibited the singing of Hatikvah.
American non-Orthodox Jews are intermarrying their way into post-Jewish oblivion, and they’re doing so as a direct result of having emptied their version of Judaism of all meaning.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-jewish-list-of-the-worlds-shortest-books/2003/04/11/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: