Student Union opens ‘hasbara’ room in effort to fill public diplomacy vacuum.
I suppose everyone has seen lists of the ?World's Shortest Books.? Since I think we Jews
could use our own special list, I have, as a public service and in the spirit of Purim, prepared the
first annual Official Jewish List of the World's Shortest Books.
1. “The Laws of the Torah We Follow and Practice,” by the leaders of the Reform
Movement?s Religious Action Center.
2. “Reform Rabbis I Have Admired,” by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
3. “Illegal Narcotics Progressive Jews Should Avoid,” by the editors of Tikkun
4. “Koshers Foods I Enjoy,” by Shulamit Aloni.
5. “My Beauty Secrets,” by Yael Dayan.
6. “Books I Have Read,” by David Levy.
7. “My System for Losing Weight” by Tommy Lapid.
8. ?How Likud Differs from Labor,” by Benjamin Netanyahu.
9. “Ideas for Conflict Resolution Through Meditation,” by Osama bin Laden.
10. “Arab Terrorists I Have Condemned,” by Israeli Marxist lawyers Avigdor Feldman and
Shamai Leibovitz and the Betselem Human Rights Group.
11. “Why Ehud Barak Can be Taken at His Word,” by the Southern Lebanese Army.
12. “My Understanding of Free Speech and Democracy,” by Israeli Attorney General
13. “Romantic Moments From My Marriage,” by Senator Hillary Clinton.
14. “Violations by the Arabs on the Temple Mount that Would Get Us Upset,” by the
15. ?Non-Leftists Who Work for Us,” by the Israel Broadcasting Authority.
16. “Things I Did to Deserve a Nobel Prize,” by Jimmy Carter.
17. ?Things I Did to Make America More Secure,” by Jimmy Carter
18. “Thoughts I Have Had,” by the Reverend Al Sharpton.
19. “The Essence of Patriotism,” by Yossi Sarid.
20. “Israeli Vital Interests That Need to be Guarded,” by Sandy Berger and Madeline
21. “My Cozy Home Life With the Chairman,” by Suha Arafat
22. “Liberal Causes I Have Opposed,” by Leonard Fein
23.”Jews I Admire,” by Patrick Buchanan
24. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of the Los Angeles
25. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of Haaretz.
26. “Lessons in Palestinian Democracy,” by Yasir Arafat.
27. “Documented Facts in My Autobiography,” by Edward Said.
28. “Noam Chomsky, Jewish Hero” by Edward Said
29. “Communist Atrocities I Have Condemned,” by Noam Chomsky.
30. “Things I Like About the United States,” by Noam Chomsky.
31. “Tips From My Dental Hygienist,” by Yasir Arafat.
32. “Things I Remember About My Lobotomy,” by Shimon Peres.
33. ?Israeli Universities Not Dominated by Leftists,” by Steven Plaut.
34. “My Plans for Commemorating Israel's Next Jubilee Year,” by Hosni Mubarak.
35. “My Memories of Rabbinic Seminary,” by Tikkun editor Michael Lerner.
36. “Favorite Stir-Fried Recipes for Preparing Tasty Animals,” by Arthur Waskow and the
Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. His book ?The Scout? (Gefen
Publishing) is available through Amazon.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Comments are closed.
Because let’s face it: Hamas obviously can’t defeat the IDF in the field, soldier against soldier
The Gazans are now paying for the choices they have made.
As Peres retires, Israel fights sour legacy: Insistence on setting policy in line with hopes, rather than with reality.
Our capital was not arbitrarily chosen, as capitals of some other nations were.
UNHRC High Commissioner Navi Pillay accuses the IDF of possible war crimes in Gaza again, cutting slack to Hamas.
There is much I can write you about what is going here, but I am wondering what I should not write. I will start by imagining that I am you, sitting at home in the Los Angeles area and flipping back and forth between the weather, traffic reports, the Ukraine, Mexican illegals and Gaza. No […]
Should Jews in Europe take more responsibility in self-defense of community and property?
It is time for a total military siege on Gaza; Nothing should enter the Gaza Strip.
Germany’s The Jewish Faith newspaper ominously noted, “We Jews are in for a war after the war.”
The truth is we seldom explore with kids what prayer is supposed to be about.
Almost as one, Jews around the world are acknowledging the day-to-day peril facing ordinary Jews in Israel and the extraordinary service of the IDF in protecting them.
So on the one hand Secretary Kerry makes no bones about who is at fault for the current hostilities: he clearly blames Hamas.
King Solomon said it long ago: “Cast your bread upon the waters” because you don’t know when you’ll hit something. Our job is to do.
One grey night it happened, Bibi caved no more
& Poof that Foggy Bottomer, he vanished from our sight
In 2012, an initiative was begun in the Knesset led by David Rotem (from the Yisrael Beitenu party), to cut the stipends and pensions paid to convicted murderers and terrorists by 50 percent.
When the Temple was in existence, Jews were religiously obligated to eat roast meat at least once a year.
I have frequently drawn up lists of what I love most about Israel, and Arik Einstein has ranked high.
American non-Orthodox Jews are intermarrying their way into post-Jewish oblivion, and they’re doing so as a direct result of having emptied their version of Judaism of all meaning.
Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/the-jewish-list-of-the-worlds-shortest-books/2003/04/11/
Scan this QR code to visit this page online: