I suppose everyone has seen lists of the ?World's Shortest Books.? Since I think we Jews
could use our own special list, I have, as a public service and in the spirit of Purim, prepared the
first annual Official Jewish List of the World's Shortest Books.
1. “The Laws of the Torah We Follow and Practice,” by the leaders of the Reform
Movement?s Religious Action Center.
2. “Reform Rabbis I Have Admired,” by Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.
3. “Illegal Narcotics Progressive Jews Should Avoid,” by the editors of Tikkun
4. “Koshers Foods I Enjoy,” by Shulamit Aloni.
5. “My Beauty Secrets,” by Yael Dayan.
6. “Books I Have Read,” by David Levy.
7. “My System for Losing Weight” by Tommy Lapid.
8. ?How Likud Differs from Labor,” by Benjamin Netanyahu.
9. “Ideas for Conflict Resolution Through Meditation,” by Osama bin Laden.
10. “Arab Terrorists I Have Condemned,” by Israeli Marxist lawyers Avigdor Feldman and
Shamai Leibovitz and the Betselem Human Rights Group.
11. “Why Ehud Barak Can be Taken at His Word,” by the Southern Lebanese Army.
12. “My Understanding of Free Speech and Democracy,” by Israeli Attorney General
13. “Romantic Moments From My Marriage,” by Senator Hillary Clinton.
14. “Violations by the Arabs on the Temple Mount that Would Get Us Upset,” by the
15. ?Non-Leftists Who Work for Us,” by the Israel Broadcasting Authority.
16. “Things I Did to Deserve a Nobel Prize,” by Jimmy Carter.
17. ?Things I Did to Make America More Secure,” by Jimmy Carter
18. “Thoughts I Have Had,” by the Reverend Al Sharpton.
19. “The Essence of Patriotism,” by Yossi Sarid.
20. “Israeli Vital Interests That Need to be Guarded,” by Sandy Berger and Madeline
21. “My Cozy Home Life With the Chairman,” by Suha Arafat
22. “Liberal Causes I Have Opposed,” by Leonard Fein
23.”Jews I Admire,” by Patrick Buchanan
24. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of the Los Angeles
25. ?Pro-Israel Columns We?ve Run Over the Years,” by the editors of Haaretz.
26. “Lessons in Palestinian Democracy,” by Yasir Arafat.
27. “Documented Facts in My Autobiography,” by Edward Said.
28. “Noam Chomsky, Jewish Hero” by Edward Said
29. “Communist Atrocities I Have Condemned,” by Noam Chomsky.
30. “Things I Like About the United States,” by Noam Chomsky.
31. “Tips From My Dental Hygienist,” by Yasir Arafat.
32. “Things I Remember About My Lobotomy,” by Shimon Peres.
33. ?Israeli Universities Not Dominated by Leftists,” by Steven Plaut.
34. “My Plans for Commemorating Israel's Next Jubilee Year,” by Hosni Mubarak.
35. “My Memories of Rabbinic Seminary,” by Tikkun editor Michael Lerner.
36. “Favorite Stir-Fried Recipes for Preparing Tasty Animals,” by Arthur Waskow and the
Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. His book ?The Scout? (Gefen
Publishing) is available through Amazon.
About the Author: Steven Plaut is a professor at the University of Haifa. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.
Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.
If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.