web analytics
October 26, 2016 / 24 Tishri, 5777
News & Views
Sponsored Post
The Migdal Ohr Mishpachton MISHPACHTONIM – Israel’s Children are Your Children.

Support Migdal Ohr by purchasing letters in the Torah Scroll that will be written in honor of Rabbi Grossman’s 70th Birthday.

Israel-American Knesset Caucus Established

Printer-Ready Page Layout
American Jews Making Aliyah

A new Israel-American Jewish Knesset Caucus was inaugurated on Wednesday, in recognition of the importance of the American Jewish community, and the need for a fixed platform with which to deliberate on the relationship between the two communities.

According to a caucus statement, it will be the “central Knesset address for all issues related to the American Jewish community.”

The inauguration comes on the heels of a recent poll, sponsored by Brandeis University and the Ruderman Family Foundation, that assessed the attitudes of Israeli Jews towards their coreligionists in the US. The results lent overwhelming support to the establishment of the caucus, as close to 90% of Israeli Jews surveyed said that the American Jewish community is crucial to Israel’s security and continued existence. 71% of Israeli Jews polled also believe that the Diaspora should be considered when legislating fundamental laws like ‘Who is a Jew?’.

Kadima MK Ronit Tirosh, the caucus chairperson, was one of six MK’s to participate in the Ruderman Fellows Program in 2011, which seeks to increase knowledge and understanding among Israeli leaders about the American Jewish community.

Jay Ruderman, president of the Ruderman Family Foundation, was quoted as saying that “[t]he fact that the Knesset members are now willing to examine and address the shifting dynamics in the American Jewish world is a huge step for Israeli political leaders, and it will have a direct impact on the future of Israel and Jewish unity.”

Jewish Press Staff

About the Author:

If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.

Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.

If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Imported and Older Comments:

  1. No'a says:

    90% of Israeli Jews have it backwards. No-one asked me, but I agree with the other 10%. The Jewish community in Israel is crucial to the security and continued existence of America’s Jews. The future of the Jewish people is in Israel, only in Israel. Beat the rush, and come home to Israel now, while you can still come with more than the shirt on your back. Is – G-d forbid – New York your Jerusalem?

Current Top Story
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu .
Netanyahu Says He’ll Soon Decide If Lawmakers Can Ascend to Temple Mount

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/israel-american-knesset-caucus-established/2012/01/26/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: