May 29, 2015 / 11 Sivan, 5775
News & Views

Home » News & Views

Chloé Simone Valdary: ‘Jews of Brooklyn, Take your Place!’

Chloé Simone Valdary

Chloé Simone Valdary, president of Allies of Israel, University of New Orleans
Photo Credit: Lauren Clarice Cross

Chloé Simone Valdary started the group Allies for Israel at the University of New Orleans, where she is a sophomore.  Although not Jewish, she became alarmed while researching a paper she chose to write about the Arab-Israeli conflict during her freshman year, and she resolved to do what she could to fight Jew-hatred.  When Valdary found out about the BDS event that is taking place tonight, at Brooklyn College, the goal of which is to portray Israel as an “Apartheid State,” and an “evil occupier,” she wrote the following.

Letter to the Jews of Brooklyn:

I can neither scream nor shout through the ink that flows on this page. You can not see the expression on my face as I write this nor feel the intensity, the rate at which I type. But I pray that these words be made manifest through the actions you take. I pray that the absence of noise on this hollow page be consumed by the shouts you take to the streets of New York. Jews of Brooklyn, take your place. It is not time for timid cowardice, for paralyzing fear that too often stops those who would otherwise speak from doing so. It is time for the trumpet blast. It is time for the shofar. It is time to cry aloud and spare not. It is time to lift up your voices like instruments of sounding brass. It is time to speak.

You who have risen up out of the ashes of Auschwitz and Dachau, take your place. You bear the weight of six million souls whose memories you carry, who must never be forgotten. The legacy of centuries of pogroms and expulsions displays its ugly head before you. Take your place. Oh that the victims of that Crystal Night could see you now! That they could take solace in knowing that their sons and daughters rose and made known through thunderous noise their protest against those who would destroy them! Take your place!

Do not fear the dissenting naysayer who does not believe in your existence, let alone your right to speak. Nor be faint of heart for time is running out. Do not fear the bombastic speeches of the evil anti-Semites, for though they stand as giants before you, their voices will soon fade and you will triumph just as the young boy with the slingshot did in times past. ‘Who are you that you should be afraid of a man that will die, or of the son of man that will be made as grass?’ Fear not the tiny voice nagging at you, whispering that you will fail. Fear not your own power. It is tremendous. Embrace it and you will change the world. Remember that G-d is the judge of all and your cause is just. Take your place.

Be not only for yourselves, but take your place for the Miriam Monsenegos. Take your place for the Aryeh and Gavriel Sandlers. Take your place for the Josef Blosche’s, the Fogel families, the dolphinariums blown to bits, the Sbarro Pizza shops dismantled. Take your place for the busses in Bulgaria filled with lives gone before their time. Take your place for the Israeli reservists lynched in Ramallah. Take your place for the children tortured by the terror ridden ground in Sderot and the children who must live under the reign of murderers in Gaza. For the lives gone and for the families who remain and wake with that empty space inside them. For the Jew that determines to live in his sacred land, who chooses life, who chooses to be free, take your place.

For the moment is now and it will never come again.

Chloé Simone Valdary

About the Author: Lori Lowenthal Marcus is the US correspondent for The Jewish Press. She is a recovered lawyer who previously practiced First Amendment law and taught in Philadelphia-area graduate and law schools. You can reach her by email: Lori@JewishPressOnline.com

32 Responses to “Chloé Simone Valdary: ‘Jews of Brooklyn, Take your Place!’”

1. I run the risk that this may be deleted, but I want to say that – only partly to Simobe's words as a reaction – that the protesters definitely should storn the place and through these fecal[ty]-antisemites fascists out of the building by force. I would if I'D been there. What can they lose? The "affection" of the leftist Nazis and the lying NYT? No, thanks. We don't need it and them. Let them use brute force against these animals like the Police did in Ohio in 1977 or around. I would.

2. I run the risk that this may be deleted, but I want to say that – only partly to Simobe's words as a reaction – that the protesters definitely should storn the place and through these fecal[ty]-antisemites fascists out of the building by force. I would if I'D been there. What can they lose? The "affection" of the leftist Nazis and the lying NYT? No, thanks. We don't need it and them. Let them use brute force against these animals like the Police did in Ohio in 1977 or around. I would.

3. The Jews will never again be removed from their homeland. And God has not forgotten their cause. 483years.blogspot.com

4. May Chloe's words be an encouragement to others to follow. I pray that she will be safe and wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. Thank you for your courage.

5. much success to Chloe Simone.

6. Tim Upham says:

Singer and composer Nick Ashford was once asked why he was involved in a fundraiser for A.I.D.S., when it was only considered a gay man's disease. He responded "to help our fellow man." This is a clear example right here, to simply help our fellow man, and woman too.

7. Psalm 83. They will conspire to obliterate Israel from the face of the earth, but they will not succeed. They are in rebelllion against the G-d of Israel. HE WILL DEFEND JERUSALEM, HIS HOLY MOUNTAIN AND HIS PEOPLE.

8. Psalm / Tehilim 83 It is against the G-d of Israel that they are in rebellion to conspire to obliterate Israel from the face of the earth. They will not succeed. Take heart and look up. He will defend His people and His holy mountain.

9. Lee Kaplan says:

Bravo to Chloe. The problem is today's Jew is meek and worried about defending his fellow Jews like Chloe. At the end of WW2 the Jews attacked the Fascist Morsey in England and just before WW2 the Jewish war veterans beat the heck out of the German American Bund. Today our Diaspora leaders are worthless wimps like Bloomberg who think it's academic freedom to hold confereneces on how to starve the Jews out in the Middle East. Throw eggs at these rotten antisemites, throw water baloons. DO SOMETHING! Because our colleges have emboldened them and stupid Jews aid them because it only affects their fellow Jews over in the Middle East, not here in America–yet.

10. Lee Kaplan says:

11. Tommy Fox says:

What a wonderful young lady. Had there not been a picture of her – no one would have known her as a wonderful young black lady. Which is the point I am trying to make – she is great, she is a thinking person who is not afraid to state her thoughts. God bless her.

12. Grace Acosta says:

Beautifully, poetically written. I pray your words reach the hearts of our leaders and common people alike. May you go from strength to strength!

13. I understand the fascist Mosley (not Morsey) was beaten in the second half of the 1930s, not after the war. Am I wrong? I agree with all the other clever points in the comment. (As far I read correctly, Ms. Valdary regards herself as Xtian, not Jewish)

14. Eileen Joyce says:

G-d bless you, Chloe! I just want to know… did they heed you?

15. Shelley Squires says:

Thank you Chloe for speaking out. The Jews of Brooklyn should not stand idly by. Any Jews in nearby communities should stand up to the anti-Semites along with those of Brooklyn. All Jews around the USA and around the world should encourage and support them.

16. Dolly Miller-Brennan says:

G-d bless you Chloé…This made me cry…..

17. Calvin Bernhardt says:

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My great-grandfather was killed during the Bolshevic revolution in Russia. We all carry a legacy and a responsibility to our forefathers, and quite frankly, the Hebrew's of this world bring a lot of hatred towards themselves by proclaiming they are God's chosen people. I mean really, what are the rest of us doing here then? We are not worthy of God's blessings, Bull****. Your not any better than me and Your no worse than me either.

18. Calvin Bernhardt says:

19. Yehuda Cohen says:

Calvin, it was G-d Himself who made the divisions between peoples. He offered the Torah to each country/peoples and all rejected His commandments except the Jews. Thus, the Jews are G-d’s chosen people – to those who accept and follow G-d’s commandments. If you don’t accept this, then you can take it up with G-d Himself.

20. Chloe you are amazing. I wish I could be there however we will continue the fight together from Israel to NY to New Orleans. You are headed for greatness. To the memories of all who were lost due to antisemitism I stand with you, I applaud you. Jews of the world wake up the time is now I live in Israel her words stand true!

21. Shawn Couzens says:

Jews do not proclaim to be the Chosen People, first of all (the bible does). Second, that's an English translation from hebrew. And third, to be "Chosen" has many meanings – none of which is "better" (Hitler "chose us" for the gas chambers. Does that mean we're better? Simply put, the Jewish people were chosen by G-d to fulfill a specific mission and carry out a task. In no way does that make them "better."

Hope you find this informative.

22. Bravo! You are pure light!

23. Bravo! You are pure light!

24. My post never made it lol computer shut down. Chloe you are amazing and fighting a good cause. It is a shame to many American Jews don't have the same perspective. I wish I was in NY but I will continue my fight with you here from Israel. So proud to know you and feel honored to have meet you. You are a most courageous young woman, do not forget your inner strength. In Hebrew we say ha col mi lamalah in other words you destiny is set from the time you were born. I believe our lives were meant to cross and I believe in you and you have inspired me and reminded me why I moved to Israel. May G-d Bless you watch over you protect you guide and all those dear to you.

25. My post never made it lol computer shut down. Chloe you are amazing and fighting a good cause. It is a shame to many American Jews don't have the same perspective. I wish I was in NY but I will continue my fight with you here from Israel. So proud to know you and feel honored to have meet you. You are a most courageous young woman, do not forget your inner strength. In Hebrew we say ha col mi lamalah in other words you destiny is set from the time you were born. I believe our lives were meant to cross and I believe in you and you have inspired me and reminded me why I moved to Israel. May G-d Bless you watch over you protect you guide and all those dear to you.

26. I (literally) got chills reading Chloe Valdare's words; powerful, amazing words from this enlightened young friend of ours!

27. Magen Fawkes says:

You are a ****ing filthy TERRORIST Gabor. Tell your people to stop dropping white phosphorus on innocent Palestinians while they are sleeping. Stop killing the innocent. Your people are the ones trying to start the next world war. Yuck, you are filthy and disgusting. Stop private messaging me because I have no idea who you are or how you even found me. VERY CREEPY!!

28. Magen Fawkes says:

I am German and proud of it, so **** away piggy pig. Gabor the pig who supports child killers!!

29. Magen Fawkes says:

What's happened to NYC's Celebrate Israel Parade?
Israel Rejects as ‘False’ UJA Federation’s Claims about Israel Parade ‘Inclusion’
Latest News Stories
PA's soccer chief Jibril Rajoub, a member of the Fatah Central Committee.

At the last minute before the proposal was to go to vote, Rajoub submitted an amendment that would cancel the bid to suspend Israel.

FIFA logo

Zurich police have confirmed there was a bomb threat to blow up the FIFA congress, but they have since allowed the annual convention to continue following a search.

What's happened to NYC's Celebrate Israel Parade?

Israeli Consul General refutes UJA president’s claim that government insists NIF march in Celebrate Israel parade.

PA flag at soccer game.

They stopped Blatter from speaking, waved PA flags and demanded “Israel out.”

Reishit HaGez is the giving to the Kohen the first cuttings of the fleece of sheep grown in the Land of Israel (based on Deut. 18:4: “You are to give them the first fruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep.”). Most Jews cannot […]

Postal officials refuse mailmen’s request to be relieved of the job to deliver Baptist cult material that may be illegal.

Final steps are underway for building the City of David’s “Kedem” visitor’s center in Jerusalem that will sit on top of the “Givati Parking Lot” excavation just outside of the Old City of Jerusalem’s walls. The visitor’s center will serve as an entryway to the Jerusalem Walls National Park, which includes the City of David […]

The Orthodox Union, B’nai Brith and the Houston Federation are pitching in.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker declared Sunday, May 31 as “Celebrate Israel Day,” when thousands of Israeli Americans, Jews and supporters of Israel are to attend the Celebrate Israel Boston Festival sponsored by the Combined Jewish Philanthropies and the Israeli-American Council Boston Chapter. Gov. Baker noted that Israel remains “a tremendous partner, economically and culturally,” to […]

The “rabbi “may be a “reverend” who allegedly was not revered by Ice Cube’s bullies.

Israeli PM Netanyahu talks about his vision for regional cooperation with Arab nations.

Hadera drew the attention of El Paso officials for the city’s desert environment, a large electric power plant, desalination plant and manufacturing complex, and the high-tech incubation programs at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, located 30 miles away.

A day devoted to “peaceful co-existence” in Jerusalem was marred by Arab “anti-normalization” thugs.

At least a dozen people are reported to have been killed in the attack, and another 30 wounded.

The labor union at Israel Railways warned Thursday that workers plan to strike on Sunday.

They’re just rackng up the Iranian generals….