web analytics
September 28, 2016 / 25 Elul, 5776

Posts Tagged ‘terror attacks’

US 2nd Circuit Appeals Court Reverses Anti-Terror Verdict Against Palestinian Authority, PLO

Wednesday, August 31st, 2016

The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan has overturned a landmark $655 million verdict made in February 2016 against the Palestinian Authority and Palestine Liberation Organization, in favor of victims of terror and their loved ones.

The federal appeals court reversed the decision this Wednesday (August 31, 2016), finding that United States courts had no jurisdiction in the case in the first place due to the limited contacts of the PA/PLO groups with the U.S. and Supreme Court.

The three-judge panel did not question the terror under which the plaintiffs had brought the lawsuit, nor did they deny the moral right of the claim.

“The terror machine gun attacks and suicide bombings that triggered this suit and victimized these plaintiffs were unquestionably horrific,” the judges said in the brief. “But the federal courts cannot exercise jurisdiction in a civil case beyond the limits prescribed by the due process clause of the Constitution, no matter how horrendous the underlying attacks or morally compelling the plaintiffs’ claims.”

On April 24, the U.S. district court imposed a $10 million bond on the defendants during their appeal of the February verdict. They were also to make $1 million monthly payments during the duration of that appeal process.

Judge George Daniels presided over Sokolow v. PLO in the U.S. District Court in the Southern District Court of New York, accepting a recommendation made by the defendants and by the U.S. government, which intervened in the case earlier this summer. The government claimed that a standard bond amount would bankrupt the Palestinian Arab organizations.

Attorneys for the plaintiffs, who included the Israeli law firm Shurat HaDin, had requested a $30 million monthly bond be paid into an account until the case is resolved, arguing there was plenty of evidence that Arab coffers are in no danger of collapse.

After the appeal was upheld and the February verdict was overturned, attorneys for the plaintiffs contended that the decision contradicted the spirit of the Anti-Terror Act under which the lawsuit had been filed, and which had been passed following the terrorist murder of Leon Klinghoffer in 1985.

Attorney Kent Yalowitz said in a statement, “The very terrorists who prompted the law have now hidden behind the U.S. Constitution to avoid responsibility for their crimes.”

He added that the plaintiffs may consider requesting a review by the full Second Circuit or possibly file an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

“This cruel decision must be corrected so that these families may receive justice,” he said. “No one denies — as the federal jury has found — that the Palestinians carried out these attacks and killed and injured these American citizens, who will not give up seeking justice from the courts.”

He also called for intervention by Congress and the State Department.

Attorney Gassan Baloul, representing the PA and PLO, meanwhile praised the decision, saying in a statement, “We are very gratified that the court fully accepted our clients’ consistent position that the PA and the PLO are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States courts in these matters.”

The PA and the PLO pay high salaries to the family members of terrorists who are convicted of carrying out attacks against Israelis and Jews; the higher the number of dead and/or the longer the prison sentence, the higher the salary to the prisoner and/or his surviving family. Upon his release, he is greeted as a hero and presented with a lump sum, along with assistance in resuming life in society. Terrorists who die in attacks are lauded by the Palestinian Authority government as “martyrs” and heroes, with public squares, streets and children’s events named in their honor.

Hana Levi Julian

Ukraine Intelligence Foils Plan to Attack French Synagogues, Mosques During Euro 2016

Monday, June 6th, 2016

Ukraine intelligence officials have foiled a terror plot to attack Jewish and Muslim houses of worship during the UEFA Euro 2016 international soccer tournament in France.

A 25-year-old nationalist French terrorist, Gregoire M., was arrested Monday on Ukraine’s border with Poland by the country’s State Security Service (SBU).

Under interrogation the suspect revealed that he had acquired a massive arsenal with which to carry out some 15 planned attacks during the games.

SBU chief Vasyl Hrytsak told a news conference the suspect possessed guns, detonators and 125 kilos of TNT explosives with which to target mosques and synagogues.

“The Frenchman spoke negatively about his government’s actions, mass immigration, the spread of Islam and globalization, and also talked about plans to carry out several terrorist attacks,” Hrytsak told journalists.

He had made contact with illegal armed groups in Ukraine, according to the SBU chief, in order to purchase weapons and explosives.

Hana Levi Julian

Update: Naqba Day Sirens to Sound at Noon (or Not)

Sunday, May 15th, 2016

See the siren update at the bottom of the article.

In Palestinian Authority mosques throughout Judea and Samaria, the Arabs will be replacing their calls to prayer, incitement speeches and Islamic messages with the Naqba siren, at noon on Sunday, according to security sources.

Naqba Day commemorates the day when the neighboring Arab countries and people gathered together to attack and destroy the fledgling Jewish state in May of 1948 – and spectacularly failed, proving that despite Islam’s replacement theology, Allah is a Zionist.

The siren will sound at noon for 2 minutes, and all PA pedestrians will try to stop throwing firebombs and stones, as well as driving their cars into Jews and blowing up buses and restaurants. They will stand at attention, in yet another cheap imitation of Israel.

It may be the safest two minutes in Israel’s history.

As of Sunday morning there have been reports of Arab stone throwing in multiple locations, and one Israeli driver was injured after a stone hit his car in the Binyamin region.

As an aside, we’re eagerly waiting to see what the Israeli-Arab MKs in the Knesset will be doing at noon.

So if you hear the siren, don’t get nervous, it’s not an air raid. It’s just the Arabs upset they didn’t succeed at genocide in 1948.

Happy Naqba Day.


Update: Sirens were not heard in western Gush Etzion, Hebron, Kedumim, Maaleh Efraim nor Maaleh Adumim.

The siren was heard in the Talmon-Dolev area in the Shomron, east of Modi’in.

One person from Beit El reports hearing a siren, others in Beit El didn’t.

We are waiting to hear reports from other areas of Judea and Samaria.


Shalom Bear

ISIS Hackers Post ‘Hit List’ of US Military Staff, Says ‘Kill Them, Behead Them’

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016

The U.S. Pentagon is becoming concerned about the Da’esh (ISIS) terror group hacking activities after the terrorists posted a “hit list” online of 75 U.S. military staff it claims were involved in drone strikes in Syria.

A few days earlier, Da’esh posted the personal details online of more than 3,000 ordinary New Yorkers, along with various threats. The FBI is still visiting the 3,600 New Yorkers on the apparent “hit list” which was apparently intended to instill fear in the U.S. population, but said although people should use caution, there is no reason to be especially afraid.

The group urged its supporters to target those on the list, proclaiming “we want them #Dead.” Most are residents of Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens, although some live in Staten Island and other surrounding areas.

The Pentagon has expressed concern over the latest list, however: the group allegedly hacked and circulated online the names, home addresses and photographs of American military personnel, including some top staff members.

“Kill them wherever they are, knock on their doors and behead them, stab them, shoot them in the face or bomb them,” urged the ‘Islamic State Hacking Division.’

The hackers also allegedly have a possible mole in the British Ministry of Defense, according to a report in The Sunday Times. The group threatened to publish “secret intelligence” that could in future identify the Royal Air Force (RAF) drone operators.

The “hit list” was published under the ISIS flag, entitled ‘Target – United States Military,’ circulated via Twitter and posted on the JustPaste website.

But according to a report by PTI, the hackers may not have actually “hacked” their information, but rather were smart at researching the information. They “gleaned the names of Reaper and Predator drone operators from news articles and military newsletters, before matching them to addresses, photos and other personal details from publicly available sources on the internet,” the London-based site contends.

The document states: “You crusaders that can only attack the soldiers of the Islamic State with joysticks and consoles, die in your rage! Your military has no courage, neither has your president as he still refuses to send troops. So instead you press buttons thousands of miles away in your feeble attempt to fight us.

“A nation of cowards that holds no bravery as you resort to sending your remote-controlled unmanned Reaper and Predator drones to attack us from the skies. So this is for you, America. These 75 crusaders are posted as targets for our brothers and sisters in America and worldwide to hunt down and kill.”

“In our next leak we may even disclose secret intelligence the Islamic State has just received from a source the brothers in the UK have spent some time acquiring from the Ministry of Defence in London as we slowly and secretly infiltrate England and the USA online and off.”

The bottom of the document features a graphic of a beheaded Statue of Liberty.

Hana Levi Julian

Belgium ID’s Brussels ‘Man in Hat,’ But Warns ‘May Be More Terror Cells’

Sunday, April 10th, 2016

Belgian investigators have finally identified the mysterious “man in the hat” — the third man in video footage that showed the two suicide bombers who blew up Zaventem International Airport in Brussels last month.

Authorities said that Paris attacks suspect Mohamed Abrini, who is in custody, admitted to being the man in the photo with the two terrorists.

“After being confronted with the results of the different expert examinations, he confessed his presence at the crime scene,” Belgian federal prosecutors told reporters Saturday.

Abrini, 31, was also the last identified suspect at large from the Nov. 13 massacre in Paris. He was one of four suspects charged Saturday with “participating in terrorist acts” in connection with the March 22 suicide bombings in Brussels. The attacks on the city’s international airport and metro system killed 32 people and wounded 270 others.

According to Belgian federal prosecutors, Abrini was detained Friday in a raid carried out in Brussels. He told police that he threw away his white vest in a garbage bin, and sold the hat that was seen in the footage. His fingerprints were found in France in a car used by the Paris attackers, and in Brussels, in an apartment used by the airport bombers.

A Belgian-Moroccan petty criminal known to police, Abrini was a childhood friend of Paris terror suspect brothers Salah and Brahim Abdeslam. He also had ties to the group’s ringleader, Abdelhamid Abbaoud, who died in a shootout with French police shortly after the massacre.

While Brahim Abdeslam died in Paris as a suicide bomber on Nov. 13, his brother Salah had second thoughts and fled instead; he returned to Brussels and hid in his old neighborhood for the next four months. He was arrested on March 18, four days before the attack on the airport and metro system.

The fact that the two bombers were together with a terror suspect intimately connected with the Nov. 13 Paris massacre only reinforces the reality that Da’esh (ISIS) has succeeded in establishing a tightly woven network of terrorists in major cities across the European continent.

Further reinforcing that point is the arrest of Osama Krayem, who left Malmo, Sweden, to fight with Da’esh in Syria. He is accused of being the No. 2 terrorist in the March 22 bombing of the Brussels metro station, killing 16 people. He is also accused of being at a shopping mall where the luggage used in the bombing of the airport was purchased.

A Rwandan nation, Herve B.M. was arrested at the same time as Osama Krayem and allegedly offered assistance to him and Abrini, prosecutors said.

Belgium is still maintaining a second-highest terror alert, because “there are perhaps other cells that are still active on our territory,” Belgian Interior Minister Jan Jambon told RTL television on Saturday.

A total of 162 people have been murdered in Europe by Da’esh (ISIS) in less than half a year. Most of the operatives responsible for the murders have had connections in Belgium and/or France, as well as Syria.

Hana Levi Julian

Belgium Charges Third Suspect in French Terror Plot

Saturday, April 2nd, 2016

Belgian authorities are continuing to find new suspects as they track down operatives in the tightly-woven terrorist network that criss-crosses the European Union.

A third suspect, Y.A., 35., was charged with terrorist activities Saturday in a Belgian court, federal prosecutors said, according to the Belgian Le Soir newspaper.

The suspect was charged along with two others – Abderamane Ameroud, 38, and Rabah M., 34, both Algerian citizens – in connection with an imminent terror plot foiled last week in France.

All three were linked to terror suspect Reda Kriket, 34, who was arrested in a Paris suburb.

French citizen Anis Bahri, 32, is being held in the Netherlands after being arrested in connection with the same alleged plot, according to USA Today. Bahri is currently fighting extradition to France, AFP reported.

Both weapons and explosives were found at Kriket’s apartment, according to Paris prosecutor Francois Molins, who said at the time “no specific target” had been identified.

However, the large amount of weapons and explosives that were found made it clear that an imminent plot involving “extreme violence” was being planned, he said.

Hana Levi Julian

Small Synagogue at Karmei Tzur Demolished in Civil Administration Pre-Dawn Stealth Move

Thursday, March 31st, 2016

A small synagogue recently rebuilt at the site of the Givat Soreq outpost on the outskirts of Karmei Tzur was demolished by Civil Administration forces before dawn Thursday in accordance with instructions from the Defense Ministry, according to the Hebew-language 0404 website.

It was in this same synagogue that sacred texts were set ablaze two months ago by Arab terrorists, a hate crime carried out by those in nearby Halhul.

Just a few days ago, holy books had been donated to the newly-rebuilt house of worship. But by Thursday 9 am, not a trace remained of the solid cement-block structure upon which the community’s rabbi had placed a mezuzah.

Outraged residents told 0404, “Thousands of illegally-built Arab homes and other structures exist, but the Defense Minister in his ignorance destroys a synagogue established in the memory of three Israeli teens who were kidnaped and murdered (by Hamas terrorists). It’s clear that it’s worth it to continue burning – because instead of dealing with the Arabs, the Jews are destroying themselves.”

It would indeed seem that perhaps the defense establishment has become confused about who it’s supposed to be defending and where retaliation is appropriate in political or military terms.

Karmei Tzur has been under siege from its Arab neighbors since the start of the current wave of terror, and has not shied away from the challenge.

Barely two weeks ago, about 500 Israelis marched from Karmei Tzur to the Gush Etzion junction to demonstrate against terror.

The marchers blocked Highway 60, a main north-south artery, in both directions as they demanded that deterrence be restored. The move came in the wake of a series of deadly attacks in the Gush Etzion region.

The timing of the demolition of the synagogue and the stealth with which it was carried out raises the question of whether the move came in retaliation for the community’s activism.

At the start of this month, Arab squatters returned to the Wadi Rashrash valley near Karmei Tzur – six months after they had been ejected by the IDF Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT). Arabs had started to build a road there and were using the wadi as a garbage dump.

The area has been under processing for declaration as state land for some time. The violation was reported but it is not clear whether the government followed up.

Karmei Tzur has been repeatedly traumatized during this wave of terror. On February 24 one of the community’s founders and leading residents, IDF reserve Captain Eliav Gelman was killed in a stabbing attack at the nearby Gush Etzion junction. He was stabbed by an Arab terrorist who was then shot by IDF soldiers, who also hit Gelman by accident in the crossfire. Gelman was rushed to Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem but could not be saved. He is survived by his pregnant wife and two young children.

Earlier that month, on February 9 an armed 16-year-old female Arab terrorist tried to infiltrate Karmei Tzur at the start of the day, dressed for school.

A resident of the community alerted the guard, who then warned the young wannabe stabber to drop her weapon – a kitchen knife – which she did.

The blade had clearly been sharpened, most likely after watching an Internet video of a sermon by one of the numerous radical Islamist clerics who urge their followers to murder Jews. They include detailed instructions on how to carry out those killings, complete with directions on how to sharpen the knives.

Three days prior to that attempted terror attack, Arab arsonists attacked the little synagogue on February 6 at Givat Sorek, the neighborhood on the outskirts of Karmei Tzur.

Hana Levi Julian

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/small-synagogue-at-karmei-tzur-demolished-in-civil-administration-pre-dawn-stealth-move/2016/03/31/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: