1. During January-June, 2016, Israeli companies were acquired by global companies for $2.4BN, compared with $3.4BN during the whole of 2015. For example, the California-based $60BN Cisco, the largest networking company in the world, acquired Israel’s cyber technology Cloudlock for $293MN, Cisco’s 2nd Israeli acquisition in 2016 (Leaba Semiconductor – $375MN) and its 13th acquisition in Israel, since 1998, totaling $2.2BN….
2. According to Cisco’s Chairman, John Chambers: “Israel is the most innovative country, producing the best startups…. Cisco invested $150MN in 30 Israeli startups, $60MN in four Israeli venture capital funds and acquired 13 Israeli companies since I became Cisco’s CEO….”
3. Bill Gates made his first investment in Israel, along with Boston Scientific….
4. June, 2016 highlighted the appeal of Israel’s startups to foreign investors. For example….
5. The terms of Israel’s acquisition of the F-35 – which is the most expensive military transaction in Israel’s history – underline Israel’s unique role as the most effective battle-tested laboratory of the US defense industries, and Israel’s contribution to the US national security and economy….