November 30, 2015 / 18 Kislev, 5776

I Love All Jews

jews onesy

“The whole Torah, the moral teaching of our Sages, the commandments, the doing of good deeds, and the study of Torah itself, have, as their objective, to remove the obstacles which prevent this love from spreading to all realms of life.”

So, with the start of the Three Weeks, let’s try to love one another as much as we can.

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon.

The author's opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Jewish Press.

10 Responses to “I Love All Jews”

1. Emet Sheva says:

Yashar Koach Tzvi…. Moshe loved us all also- its very special thing to declare in a time of divisiveness!

2. Bracha Brenda-Chantal Ruche says:

You are a Mamash Jew! A brilliant writer! It is with AHAVA ISRAEL that the Beit Hamikdash will be rebuild!

3. Ruth Hirt says:

Yes indeed, we love the person and hate the sin. HaShem goes beyond that, He honors His word and promises.

4. Ruth Hirt says:

5. Ruth Hirt says:

HaShem bless your soul, Emet.

6. Mari Wolk says:

Thank you for this piece Tzvi Fishman. I take your columns so personally. I am that a Jew in a gentile land. Hashem understands my reasons at this time, but I can hardly wait to get home.

7. Mari Wolk says:

I agree.

8. Anastasia Klein says:

I love this article. Toda.

9. Bs"d Keep up with your senseless kindness towards all Jews… My rabbi here said something really good this Shabbat. Rashi said that the Mezuzah should be lined up vertical and Rabbeinu Tam said it should be horizontal so the Halacha is to put it leaning in between these two positions. I derive from it the need to find peace is greater than the need to find one CORRECT answer when both can be permissible according to Torah.

10. Wendy Bassett says:

What an absolutely EXCELLENT article! The concepts of love, as so well expressed here by Tzvi Fishman, are exciting. For many people the idea of a starting place that embraces all is not foreign. I expect that the majority, though, are not committed to being loving. Contrary to how many people think, meekness is not weakness. It is not a sloppy emotional kind of feeling that makes one afraid, wishy-washy or dependent. True love is filled with wisdom and unselfishness and understanding and is hard work. It takes nothing to be able to see the imperfections of others, respond in judgement and gossip, lashon hara, or withhold acceptance until someone proves, by making her/him jump through hoops that s/he is "worthy" of it.

Tzvi: "It is proper to hate a corrupt person only for his defects, but insofar as he is endowed with a divine image, it is proper to love him…….the precious dimension of his worth is a more authentic expression of his nature than the lower characteristics that developed in him through circumstances''.

I will definitely be looking for more of Tzvi Fishman's articles.
    I'm not Jewish, but I kinda think that he must love me, too!

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Fire raging in Israel's Golan Heights, caused by four missiles fired from the Syrian side of the Israeli-Syrian border on August 20, 2015.
Israeli Paramedic Reflects on Treating Wounded Syrians

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/felafel-on-rye/i-love-all-jews/2012/07/08/