April 28, 2015 / 9 Iyar, 5775

I Love All Jews

jews onesy

“The whole Torah, the moral teaching of our Sages, the commandments, the doing of good deeds, and the study of Torah itself, have, as their objective, to remove the obstacles which prevent this love from spreading to all realms of life.”

So, with the start of the Three Weeks, let’s try to love one another as much as we can.

About the Author: Tzvi Fishman was awarded the Israel Ministry of Education Prize for Creativity and Jewish Culture for his novel "Tevye in the Promised Land." For the past several years, he has written a popular and controversial blog at Arutz 7. A wide selection of his books are available at Amazon. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of The Jewish Press

10 Responses to “I Love All Jews”

1. Emet Sheva says:

Yashar Koach Tzvi…. Moshe loved us all also- its very special thing to declare in a time of divisiveness!

2. Bracha Brenda-Chantal Ruche says:

You are a Mamash Jew! A brilliant writer! It is with AHAVA ISRAEL that the Beit Hamikdash will be rebuild!

3. Ruth Hirt says:

Yes indeed, we love the person and hate the sin. HaShem goes beyond that, He honors His word and promises.

4. Ruth Hirt says:

5. Ruth Hirt says:

HaShem bless your soul, Emet.

6. Mari Wolk says:

Thank you for this piece Tzvi Fishman. I take your columns so personally. I am that a Jew in a gentile land. Hashem understands my reasons at this time, but I can hardly wait to get home.

7. Mari Wolk says:

I agree.

8. Anastasia Klein says:

I love this article. Toda.

9. Bs"d Keep up with your senseless kindness towards all Jews… My rabbi here said something really good this Shabbat. Rashi said that the Mezuzah should be lined up vertical and Rabbeinu Tam said it should be horizontal so the Halacha is to put it leaning in between these two positions. I derive from it the need to find peace is greater than the need to find one CORRECT answer when both can be permissible according to Torah.

10. Wendy Bassett says:

What an absolutely EXCELLENT article! The concepts of love, as so well expressed here by Tzvi Fishman, are exciting. For many people the idea of a starting place that embraces all is not foreign. I expect that the majority, though, are not committed to being loving. Contrary to how many people think, meekness is not weakness. It is not a sloppy emotional kind of feeling that makes one afraid, wishy-washy or dependent. True love is filled with wisdom and unselfishness and understanding and is hard work. It takes nothing to be able to see the imperfections of others, respond in judgement and gossip, lashon hara, or withhold acceptance until someone proves, by making her/him jump through hoops that s/he is "worthy" of it.

Tzvi: "It is proper to hate a corrupt person only for his defects, but insofar as he is endowed with a divine image, it is proper to love him…….the precious dimension of his worth is a more authentic expression of his nature than the lower characteristics that developed in him through circumstances''.

I will definitely be looking for more of Tzvi Fishman's articles.
    I'm not Jewish, but I kinda think that he must love me, too!

Tzvi Fishman, author of the Jewish Press blog Felafel on Rye and author of more than a dozen books.
Desperate crowd awaits relief aid at Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in Damascus.
US: UNRWA Gets Add’l $6M for Yarmouk ‘Palestinians,’ Only $10M for Nepal
Moment of Silence 1

By not standing you are drawing distinctions between religious & secular, AND religious & religious.

A Soldier's Mother

Israel’s radio is like a voice from home…

empirestatebuildinginnewyorkgeneralview4361.jpeg

Truly, in the modern world, we live in the time of ‘What’s in it for me?’ The time of the ‘selfie’!

A Soldier's Mother

My final reaction remains – who builds a mountain of ashes, who turns it into a “tourist” site?

Is the recent increase in Arab terror attacks related to the fact that there’s no new government?

They called it “religious coercion” but it was really “secular coercion” and secular intolerance.

One exciting element of traveling is that it was my first time ever doing so as a dual-citizen!

Attackers of this innocent religious solider had been brainwashed that Israel is evil & illegitimate

How can you take care of the one you love and look after your finances at the same time?

Celebrating 67 years of democratic independence, surviving wars&threats; so much to be thankful for!

He was a Torah giant, uniquely exemplifying the Hashkafa of Torah U’Mada (Torah & worldly knowledge)

All Israel walks beside them, holding them in our hearts, listening, our hearts breaking with theirs

I’ve felt that if only we had established these communities sooner, then the victims would not have been killed

Is inflation always bad for the economy, and why is deflation not always an ideal situation?

It is the character of the individual that counts, not his sexual preferences.

Bibi gives a great speech, especially when talking to foreigners, but on policy, he’s very weak.