web analytics
January 28, 2015 / 8 Shevat, 5775
 
At a Glance
News & Views
Sponsored Post


Quick Takes: News You May Have Missed

   A U.S. plan envisions stationing international troops along Israel’s border with a future Palestinian state, this column has learned.
 
   Palestinian Authority officials privy to the plan say the Obama administration proposed deploying NATO soldiers along the Palestinian side of a future border with Israel as well as along the borders of Jordan and any future Palestinian state.
 
   Israeli government sources confirmed such a plan has been proposed. The sources said the concept is not exclusive to the Obama administration. Both Presidents Clinton and Bush raised the idea of stationing international troops along the borders of a future Palestinian state.
 
   International troops and monitors do not boast a positive track record in fulfilling their protective duties on behalf of Israel. Monitors previously stationed along the Gaza-Egypt border fled their duties multiple times amid Hamas threats and attacks. Those monitors were deployed to report any instances of weapons smuggling or terrorist infiltration along the border.
 
   And, despite a UNIFIL force of about 15,000 soldiers deployed in South Lebanon following the Second Lebanon War in 2006 – with the specific objective of ensuring a truce between Israel and Hizbullah as well as stopping Hizbullah from rearming – Hizbullah has reportedly managed to acquire rockets and sophisticated weaponry from Syria and Iran. The group is said to have enough projectiles to blanket Israeli population centers with rockets for a prolonged period of time.
 
   Israeli security officials said the Israeli army routinely passes aerial photographs and video images of Hizbullah weapons smuggling routes to UNIFIL commanders, but with few exception the international forces have not taken action.
 

   The security officials are concerned the UNIFIL forces could get in the way and impede any future Israeli defensive action needed against Hezbollah.

 

Far-Left Group Wants Government-Run Media

 

   A George Soros-funded, Marxist-founded organization calling itself Free Press has published a study advocating the development of a “world class” government-run media system in the U.S.
 
   “The need has never been greater for a world-class public media system in America,” begins a 48-page document, “New Public Media: A Plan for Action,” by the far-left Free Press organization.
 
   The Free Press study urges the creation of a trust fund – largely supported by new fees and taxes on advertising and the private media – to jumpstart the founding of a massive government-run public media system that will ultimately become self-sufficient.
 
      Meanwhile, this reporter’s newly released book, The Manchurian President: Barack Obama’s Ties to Communists, Socialists and Other Anti-American Extremists, documents that Free Press has close ties to top Obama administration officials.
 
   The book also documents that Robert W. McChesney, founder of the Free Press, is an avowed Marxist who has recommended capitalism be dismantled. “In the end, there is no real answer but to remove brick-by-brick the capitalist system itself, rebuilding the entire society on socialist principles,” wrote McChesney in a 2009 column.
 
   The board of Free Press has included a slew of radicals, such as Obama’s former green jobs czar, Van Jones, who resigned after reports that he had founded a communist organization surfaced.
 
   Obama’s Internet czar, Susan P. Crawford, spoke at a Free Press’s May 14, 2009, “Changing Media” summit in Washington, D.C. Crawford’s pet project, OneWebNow, lists Free Press as a “participating organization.”
 

   Crawford and Kevin Werbach, who co-directed the Obama transition team’s Federal Communications Commission Review team, are advisory board members at Public Knowledge, a George Soros-funded public interest group whose leaders also serve on Free Press.

 

Elana Kagan Hired Controversial

Obama Official At Harvard
 
   It was President Obama’s pick for the Supreme Court, Elena Kagan, who hired radical regulatory czar Cass Sunstein as a Harvard law professor, this column has learned.
 
   Sunstein, like Kagan, has advocated far-ranging restrictions on free speech and expressed extreme views on other topics as well.
 
   In February 2008, Kagan, as dean of Harvard Law School, announced the arrival at Harvard of Sunstein, then a longtime University of Chicago scholar. Kagan called Sunstein “the preeminent legal scholar of our time.”
 
   This column previously reported that Sunstein drew up a “First Amendment New Deal” – a new “Fairness Doctrine” that would include the establishment of a panel of “nonpartisan experts” to ensure “diversity of view” on the airwaves.
 
   This column also reported that in a recently released book, On Rumors, Sunstein argued that websites should be obliged to remove “false rumors” while libel laws should be altered to make it easier to sue for spreading such “rumors.”
 
   In the 2009 book, Sunstein cited as a primary example of “absurd” and “hateful” remarks, reports by “right-wing websites” alleging an association between President Obama and former Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers. Sunstein also singled out radio talker Sean Hannity for “attacking” Obama regarding the president’s “alleged associations.”
 

   Just yesterday, a video at Breitbart.comshowed Sunstein proposing that Congress hold hearings about mandates to ensure websites post links to a diversity of views on issues.

 

   Aaron Klein is Jerusalem bureau chief and senior reporter for Internet giant WorldNetDaily.com. He is also host of an investigative radio program on New York’s 770-WABC Radio, the largest talk radio station in the U.S., every Sunday between 2-4 p.m.

About the Author: Aaron Klein is a New York Times bestselling author and senior reporter for WND.com. He is also host of an investigative radio program on New York's 970 AM Radio on Sundays from 7 to 9 p.m. Eastern. His website is KleinOnline.com.


If you don't see your comment after publishing it, refresh the page.

Our comments section is intended for meaningful responses and debates in a civilized manner. We ask that you respect the fact that we are a religious Jewish website and avoid inappropriate language at all cost.

If you promote any foreign religions, gods or messiahs, lies about Israel, anti-Semitism, or advocate violence (except against terrorists), your permission to comment may be revoked.

No Responses to “Quick Takes: News You May Have Missed

Comments are closed.

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Current Top Story
IDF soldiers evacuating wounded near northern border town of Ghajar.
Northern Golan Heights Declared Closed Military Zone
Latest News Stories
Hezbollah shooting at Har Dov

9:31pm The Mt. Hermon ski resort on the Golan Heights will be open for business tomorrow morning — having receiving permission from the IDF. 8:03pm Channel 2 reports that Hezbollah terror cell was located 5 kilometers from Israel, and not within Israel as originally thought.Soldiers in 2nd vehicle were saved after they jumped out of […]

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu at a security assessment with Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz and other security heads at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced Wednesday night that “whoever is behind today’s attack will pay the full price.”

Gazans getting supplies from UNRWA in Rafah.

The Gazans are protesting the freeze in the money transfer from the UN for rehabilitating their region.

Israel's President Ruby Rivlin

Rivlin returning early to Israel from US trip due to situation in northern Israel.

The soldiers were part of an IDF convoy that was using a civilian road, one that hundreds of civilians use on a daily basis.

The GOC Northern Command declares Israel’s northern border with Syria in the Golan Heights to be a closed military zone.

The names of the IDF soldiers killed by Hezbollah at Mount Dov on Wednesday have been released for publication.

Lebanese Hezbollah supporters celebrate IDF deaths Wednesday by giving sweets to motorists.

Two IDF soldiers were killed by Iranian-backed Hezbollah in the most serious attack on Israel since the start of Syria’s civil war.

Soldiers hit in missile attack were patrolling in non-armored jeeps.

Arab brother, sister were apparently planning attack.

The Spanish Ministry of Defense has confirmed that rockets were fired first at Israel from Lebanon, provoking IDF into retaliation.

The IDF announced that two Israeli soldiers were killed as a result of the Hezbollah terror attack earlier today.

One UNIFIL soldier is dead in the wake of an attack on Israel by Lebanon’s Hezbollah terror group.

Jordan has caved to ISIS and agreed to swap a terrorist prisoner for its hostage pilot.

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/quick-takes-news-you-may-have-missed-44/2010/05/26/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: