The Shin Bet security service issued a restraining order today against an 18-year-old resident of the Binyamin region who was released from police custody last week following two weeks of interrogation by security officers.
According to Honenu, a legal aid organization that is representing the family, interrogators beat the teenager, known only as “S.”,but failed to provide evidence linking him with the Price Tag attack for which he was detained.
The suspect was due to complete his police-ordered period of house arrest today.
“It seems that interrogators wanted to do their own ‘price tag’ attack to avenge their failed interrogation,” Honenu said in a statement.
Honenu said that police raided the suspects’ house early Sunday morning, detained him and brought him to the Shin Bet interrogation centre in Petah Tikva. The suspect was put in a cell with “Ehud” and “Maimon”, to agents who had questioned him at length. The Shin Bet men warned the man they would “not get off his case,” and told him they had a “gift” for him – and presented him with an administrative order preventing him from entering Judea and Samaria for a year.
The order was signed by General Nitzan Alon, commander of the IDF Central Command.
Family members and friends accused the Shin Bet of acting like “thugs” and “common criminals,” and said the restraining order is nothing more than revenge against the young man for humiliating investigators. “He was investigated for an incident that took place in the north of Israel, six months ago. Now, all of a sudden it’s dangerous for him to be in Judea and Samaria,” they said.