Cheese lovers need no convincing to eat cheese, but what you may not have known is that Tnuva Edam cheese is an excellent, high-protein nutritional choice that’s rich in calcium, hard-to-get vitamin B12, and low in lactose. Sound interesting? Read on…
- Calcium. Tnuva Edam cheese is a rich source of naturally occurring calcium, vital for strong bones in growing children as well as for maintaining bone health in adults over 50 who may become susceptible to osteoporosis. Contrary to popular belief, all that calcium does not break down under heat, which means that with every delicious bite of, say, grilled cheese, mac ‘n cheese, or baked ziti made with Tnuva Edam, you’re getting a hefty calcium boost!
- Protein. One slice of Tnuva Edam cheese contains 8 grams of protein – that covers about 1/3 of the daily protein needs for children aged 4-8, and about 20% of those for women aged 20 and over.
- Low in Lactose. People with lactose intolerance don’t necessarily have to say goodbye to their favorite cheese dishes. Tnuva Edam is low in lactose, containing only up to 0.5 grams per 4 ounces. Compare that to the whopping 10 grams of lactose in one glass of milk!
- Nutritious. Tnuva’s Edam cheese is a source of magnesium, as well as vitamins B6 and B12. Each one-slice serving provides about half of the daily recommended amount of B12 for children.
- Anti-bacterial. According to a study published in General Dentistry, hard cheeses, like Tnuva Edam have an antibacterial effect and can help protect teeth against cavities and decay.
- Induces sleep. If you’re in the mood for a snack before bedtime, eating some Tnuva Edam cheese can help you enjoy a restful night’s sleep, thanks to tryptophan, an amino acid in hard cheese that has been shown to reduce stress and help induce sleep.
- Light. Hard cheese suffers from a bad reputation as being high in cholesterol. Well, here’s news: a one-slice serving of Tnuva Edam cheese contains only about 8% of the FDA recommended daily allowance of cholesterol, and Tnuva’s Edam light contains significantly less!
In addition to Edam and Edam light, Tnuva has a huge selection of delectable semi-hard and hard cheeses, including Swiss, Mozzarella and Muenster, and are all under the strict supervision of the Badatz Vaadas Mehadrin.