web analytics
April 17, 2014 / 17 Nisan, 5774
At a Glance

Posts Tagged ‘sexual assault’

Woody Allen, Dylan Farrow in Public Battle over Abuse Accusations

Sunday, February 9th, 2014

Woody Allen and his estranged adopted daughter Dylan Farrow sparred anew in the media over claims that Allen sexually assaulted her when she was 7.

Allen wrote an Op-Ed that appeared in the online edition of The New York Times on Friday and in the print edition on Sunday. Dylan Farrow responded Friday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

In his Op-Ed, Allen wrote, “Twenty-one years ago, when I first heard Mia Farrow had accused me of child molestation, I found the idea so ludicrous I didn’t give it a second thought.”

He was responding to an open letter written by Dylan Farrow and published in the Times on Feb. 1 in which she reasserted her accusations against Allen.

Allen said Dylan Farrow had been coached by her mother, actress Mia Farrow, and reiterated that experts from the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital found that no sexual abuse had taken place.

Allen was not prosecuted for sexually molesting his adopted daughter, and was later able to adopt two children of his own with his wife, Soon-Yi Previn, an adopted daughter of Mia Farrow.

Allen said he will not address the accusations again.

“This piece will be my final word on this entire matter,” he wrote, “and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party.”

In the Hollywood Reporter, Dylan Farrow said, “His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years,” she wrote.

Dylan Farrow cited findings of a decision by the New York Supreme Court in 1992 that denied Allan access to her, citing the sexual abuse allegations.

“Woody Allen has an arsenal of lawyers and publicists but the one thing he does not have on his side is the truth,” she said. “I hope this is the end of his vicious attacks and of the media campaign by his lawyers and publicists, as he’s promised. I won’t let the truth be buried and I won’t be silenced.”

Niso Shacham Quitting Police Following Sexual Assault Indictment

Friday, October 18th, 2013

The former police commander for the Jerusalem district, Niso Shacham, told Police Commission Yochanan Danino that he will be quitting the police force. If he didn’t quit,, it was expected that he would have been fired in the coming weeks.

An indictment was filed against Shacham a few days ago, for sexual harassment of his subordinates, indecent assault, fraud and breach of trust, following an investigation and charges against him that began last year.

Shacham had relations with at least eight significantly younger and lower ranking female police officers. He was indicted for indecent acts on 2 officers, and sexual harassment of a third.

Shacham first came into the general public’s eye eight years ago, after he was caught on video, vulgarly giving orders to his policeman to use excessive force on the non-violent, unarmed civilians who had gathered in Kfar Maimom to protest the upcoming expulsion from Gush Katif.

He was not punished then for his actions, and was eventually promoted to be the Jerusalem Police Commander.

Syrian Banned from Every Swimming Pool in Britain

Wednesday, April 10th, 2013

Ali Rashid, 44, from Cardiff, has been banned from every swimming pool, hot tub and sauna in Britain after pleading guilty to sexual assault, WalesOnline reported.

The judge at Cardiff Crown Court said that Rashid, 44, is only permitted to visit a swimming pool during men-only sessions, and must not enter any public or private facility that women have access to.

Rashid, originally from Syria, was also given an eight-month suspended jail term. He admitted to sexually assaulting a woman at the Mercure Cardiff Holland House hotel in January last year.

After realizing that his advances on his target were unwanted, Rashid told her: “Don’t be angry, I touch and kiss you because I feel comfortable with you.”

The victim told hotel staff about the attack and they contacted police. Judge Niclas Parry said the offense was “serious” and involved a breach of trust.

The judge told Rashid: “The public trust people to behave themselves in public amenities such as swimming pools, Jacuzzis and saunas. People must feel that they’re safe to mingle with strangers because that is what they do at these places. You violated this lady’s privacy and her dignity, you were persistent and she felt trapped.”

Praising the victim, the judge concluded: “It’s to her credit that she dealt with this matter with some fortitude and her evidence leads me to conclude that she reported this matter not for herself but to try and protect other people.”

So reminiscent of Israel’s experiences with Syria…

Printed from: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/syrian-banned-from-every-swimming-pool-sauna-and-hot-tub-in-britain/2013/04/10/

Scan this QR code to visit this page online: